[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Dr. Z

Seems like a neat update. As for the poll: It depends. What would you throw out?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Florius

I personally enjoy the large amount of content for surgery!
Although I do get confused with the ribs, so if you can clarify that, or perhaps on the first page a index sheet of what all the implants do and how much percent they function (in comparison to the "original" parts) that would be very helpful!

And thank you for the update, and including the brain implant part ^^

Ykara

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 20, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
Seems like a neat update. As for the poll: It depends. What would you throw out?
Since many are complaining that there are too many workbenches an too much content, I'd maybe condense it to 2 or 3 workbenches. I could completely remove the basic prosthetics workbench, some of the basic prostheses could be installed like the vanilla peg leg then. There would also be less prosthesis, e.g. by removing smaller and not so important ones like the artificial pelvis or the golden eye. Also, there would be only one table for artificial organs. And I could cut out advanced prostheses or make them obtainable only through traders.
But I don't have plans yet, I just want to know if there are enough people who'd like to use "EPOE Lite".

Quote from: Florius on December 20, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
Although I do get confused with the ribs, so if you can clarify that, or perhaps on the first page a index sheet of what all the implants do and how much percent they function (in comparison to the "original" parts) that would be very helpful!

I think the effectiveness is already listed on the info tab, but maybe I could make some descriptions clearer. And an indrx sheet is a great idea, but it would be a hell lot of work because of the huge amount of available prostheses ^^

Florius

Quote from: Ykara on December 20, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
I think the effectiveness is already listed on the info tab, but maybe I could make some descriptions clearer. And an indrx sheet is a great idea, but it would be a hell lot of work because of the huge amount of available prostheses ^^

If you need help, just let me know! I am bored at work so am glad to do something useful hehe!

Grimandevil

welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

TLHeart

Number of tables is fine. Too few tables will lead to other problems with the float menus dropping recipes, and each table is limited to 10 active bills.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Ykara on December 20, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on December 20, 2015, 11:27:56 AM
Since many are complaining that there are too many workbenches an too much content, I'd maybe condense it to 2 or 3 workbenches. I could completely remove the basic prosthetics workbench, some of the basic prostheses could be installed like the vanilla peg leg then. There would also be less prosthesis, e.g. by removing smaller and not so important ones like the artificial pelvis or the golden eye. Also, there would be only one table for artificial organs. And I could cut out advanced prostheses or make them obtainable only through traders.
But I don't have plans yet, I just want to know if there are enough people who'd like to use "EPOE Lite".

Quote from: Florius on December 20, 2015, 12:14:15 PM

If I have a problem minor inconvenience using this mod, that's because of the number of workbenches it adds. But that's all.
The problem isn't the +4-5 workbenches, but every 2nd mod that adds just a couple of new workbenches.
Right now I have about 20 (excluding the ones I have two [or more] of).

"Lite" would be, to my taste, worse than what we have now.

Anyway, the only reasonable idea I've heard so far is to make a mod, a library with universal workbenches other mods could use to add the recipes to. Unfortunately, since I'm no modder, I have no idea how/if this would work.

So...
In my opinion, it's fine as it is (because I like crafting advanced bionics  ::) )

Right now I have 2 colonists in stasis, waiting for legs, arms and organs.
I really, really appreciate this mod, especially at times like these.

If anything, I'd ask not for less, but for more: Animal Prosthetics. It's a thing already, but not a craftable thing.

buder5

for some reason i cant install any rib or put it with edb prepare carefully
any how? it ried with console and spawn them in a world still cant do anything with them but i can install other limb :S

Edit i tried the mod alone and it showing in edb preparecarefully  that men 1 of the mod is creating hassle i will put a list of my mod  btw idk what order they should be

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>RW_Manager-12.3.1</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>RW_A2B</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Selector</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Teleport</li>
    <li>Enviro_SK</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>MAI</li>
    <li>MAI_Xtension</li>
    <li>MD2Base-12.0.1</li>
    <li>MD2Fortifications-12.0.0</li>
    <li>MD2Storage-12.0.0</li>
    <li>MD2Power-12.0.0</li>
    <li>MD2Manufacturing-12.0.0</li>
    <li>MD2Industry-12.0.0</li>
    <li>AdaptationRefusal</li>
    <li>CombatRealism</li>
    <li>CombatRealism Defence</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-OmniGel</li>
    <li>ED-Plants_24H</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>

Ykara

EPOE should always be the last mod activated to avoid compatibility Problems, just try changing the mod order, it might help.

buder5

well idk what mod were wrong but that order working fine x)

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>CombatRealism</li>
    <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-OmniGel</li>
    <li>ED-Plants_24H</li>
    <li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>MAI</li>
    <li>MAI_Xtension</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>MD2Base-12.0.1</li>
    <li>MD2Power-12.0.0</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>RW_A2B</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Selector</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Teleport</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>

Ykara

Quote from: buder5 on December 22, 2015, 12:58:01 PM
well idk what mod were wrong but that order working fine x)

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBInterface</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>CombatRealism</li>
    <li>ED-AutoLoader</li>
    <li>ED-Core</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-LaserDrill</li>
    <li>ED-OmniGel</li>
    <li>ED-Plants_24H</li>
    <li>ED-ReverseCycleCooler</li>
    <li>ED-Stargate</li>
    <li>MAI</li>
    <li>MAI_Xtension</li>
    <li>LT_RedistHeat</li>
    <li>MD2Base-12.0.1</li>
    <li>MD2Power-12.0.0</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>RW_A2B</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Selector</li>
    <li>RW_A2B_Teleport</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>

Good to hear! It has to be Combat Realism, I think it changes the Bodies.xml, so you may encounter some problems with CR ^^ I should make a compatibility fix.

Florius

I also had the problem of not being able to install body parts. Set EPOE as last to load and it fixed the issue.
I am not using Combat Realism though.

buder5

Ykara

Quote from: buder5 on December 23, 2015, 01:41:24 AM
you still trying the harvest the whole body at once?
No, I've tried to but I don't find a way to do this without dll modding. And I'm terrible at dll modding ^^

Grimandevil

Quote from: Ykara on December 20, 2015, 11:22:23 AM
1.52 - Christmas Bugfixing and Russian Translation!
Also, the two brain implants are no implants any longer, because of balancing reasons. They only helped healthy brains, and that's not what they were intended for, so I've changed them back again to replace the brain.
might as well change description and rename to something more suitable. :P
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.