[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: LittleGreenStone on January 01, 2016, 11:23:42 AM
Hey, hey, my super soldier will be reduced to a breathing plant then!
As he said, "an unmodified human consciousness can handle".
If you make it so a brain implant negates these side effects completely, I'd have no problem with it!
Of course I'd add implants to counterbalance the debuffs, maybe I could make use of the pointless AI core. But so far it's just an idea, I'll do some testing to see if how it works and if it would really improve balance or not.

TLHeart

I have not been able to remove parts and get the part returned... the part is removed from the colonist, but I never get the part back. Trying to upgrade a colonist from simple prosthetic leg to a bionic leg, but wanted the simple to craft another bionic... operation to install did not return the simple, and neither did the remove part.

simon-82

Quote from: TLHeart on January 01, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
I have not been able to remove parts and get the part returned... the part is removed from the colonist, but I never get the part back. Trying to upgrade a colonist from simple prosthetic leg to a bionic leg, but wanted the simple to craft another bionic... operation to install did not return the simple, and neither did the remove part.
@Ykara
There is an xml tag in the HediffDef for each part that deals with this. It is in the Core body parts. You seem to be missing it.
Adding it to the root of the part's HediffDef should spawn back the removed part:

<spawnThingOnRemoved>BionicHand</spawnThingOnRemoved>

Also I have a question.
How does fixing scars work? I did the operation with synthetic skin but the scars are still there after that.

Ykara

Thank you both for pointing that out, I have no idea why I was missing that line. I've just added that line to every single hediff, it will be included in the next update.

simon-82

Quote from: Ykara on January 02, 2016, 10:09:28 AM
Thank you both for pointing that out, I have no idea why I was missing that line. I've just added that line to every single hediff, it will be included in the next update.
No problem. Hope it helps :)

Ah damn, I should listen when the forum tells me there is a new post...
Ykara, I have a question.
How does fixing scars work? I did the operation with synthetic skin but the scars are still there after that.

Ykara

Quote from: simon-82 on January 02, 2016, 10:12:01 AM
Quote from: Ykara on January 02, 2016, 10:09:28 AM
No problem. Hope it helps :)

Ah damn, I should listen when the forum tells me there is a new post...
Ykara, I have a question.
Yep, it helped, I didn't even realize that I was missing this line ^^
Fixing scars doesn't work for alpha 12, it shouldn't even be available. I've not removed it to avoid problems with existing saves and then I kinda forgot it, so it's still there. The last time it worked was half a year ago for alpha 10, the code was by UMK and then updated by Abrexus, but I've never seen a working solution for alpha 12. Maybe fixing scars returns in alpha 13, who knows.

simon-82

Ah ok, never mind then :)

I was just looking at your dll, found the class you added and played around with the recipes to see if it would work.

toric

the brains stimulator now weakens the brain due to it replacing it. the AI chip probably does as well. (haven't researched yet)

Ykara

Quote from: toric on January 05, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
the brains stimulator now weakens the brain due to it replacing it. the AI chip probably does as well. (haven't researched yet)
Yep, that's the point. The brain stimulator is only for severly damaged brains so aren't left with immobile vegetables eating up all your food. The AI chip just replaces the brain with 100% efficiency, so it doesn't weaken the colonist. It's the more advanced solution for braindamaged colonists.

toric

Quote from: Ykara on January 05, 2016, 06:00:05 PM
Quote from: toric on January 05, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
Yep, that's the point. The brain stimulator is only for severly damaged brains so aren't left with immobile vegetables eating up all your food. The AI chip just replaces the brain with 100% efficiency, so it doesn't weaken the colonist. It's the more advanced solution for braindamaged colonists.

ah. so those are no longer for enhancing your colonists? i thought you changed them from an implant so they couldn't be stacked. so we have to use ribs now for upgrades. i see. also, removing a prosthetic part still does not give back the part. not sure why (was not able to find anything obvious in the xml.)

Ykara

Maybe I'll include enhancing brain implants again in future updates, but it was much too powerful last version.
And the issue with removing parts is already fixed, look a few post above you to see how you can fix that bug yourself if you don't want to wait ^^

Shabazza

Is there a way to actually make money by selling prosthetics?
From what I saw, the costs for manufacturing even "Simple prostheses" are pretty high with all those plasteel.
And it gets even worse when Vancidium comes into play.
So currently I only manufacture them when I have no "spare parts" available that were harvested from prisoners to keep my colonists at max. efficiency.
Or if I want to enhace my colonists with high quality bionic parts. But I usually don't find nealy as many plasteel to really make use of higher quality protheses.

Any tips on this?

BTW: I love this mod!
I'd like to have less working tables, because they need vast amounts of power, even when idle.
Perharps they should have a reduced idle power like the vanilla electrical smelter for example.
But the number of recipies is fine.

RoronoaDroagon

great mod, love it
one thing i do miss though is a way to fix old gunshot wounds/scars.
whould be nice to have a way on that ^^

toric

Quote from: Ykara on January 06, 2016, 05:40:10 AM
Maybe I'll include enhancing brain implants again in future updates, but it was much too powerful last version.
And the issue with removing parts is already fixed, look a few post above you to see how you can fix that bug yourself if you don't want to wait ^^
ok, thanks. didn't realize it wasn't in the latest patch.

LittleGreenStone

Say, Ykara,
any chance an artificial sternum will be added to your mod?
By you, I mean.  ;D
Tibia & toes for example can be replaced by a leg/feet, but afaik the sternum can't be replaced at all right now.