[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Entropy147

Quote from: beiltro on March 02, 2016, 11:53:55 PM
Does this mod allow for the creation and replacement of natural organs and limbs instead of synthetics?
No , it doesn't allow you to create natural body parts although it does allow you to install natural body parts like arms and legs

beiltro

Shushei

Hello I have enountered a problem after installing this mod.
My research tab is completly empty

Here are the mods I try to use together with this one

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16626.0  // Recyle Aparel

and

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.0 .. EDB Interface UI

Anyideas which one is causing problems ? I really would like to use them all : (

Edit1

I actually checked it out and it apears that with just Your mod and libraries i still have research empy .

Edit#2

So I made it work with other mods . Problem is the Library Core Tweaks needs to be disabled, Else The Research tab stays blank together with Your Mod. :) Cheers Mate.

Kadrush

A small bug report, I am getting a yellow error message on the debug for the table prostetics table (attached). Dont mind the red ones, i just placed a random mod to force the debug to appear.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Tony2000

I have encountered a problem when colonist has exoskeleton, advanced bionic legs and arms and 12 adrenaline ribs. He had very high manipulation boost and at some point when he was crafting bionics, the "Amount of work left" on the crafted item became less than 0 (i.e -14 or -5, etc) and he just kept standing there in front of the bench "working" while doing actually nothing.

Playbahnosh

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to extend the surgery and prosthetics to animals too?

EPOE already does everything I would need in a medical mod...for humans. But for many colonies now I always have the one dog that's just isn't right. A missing kidney, a hurt back, a missing paw, nothing life-threatening but it's just sad I can't do anything to help them and I haven't found any mod that allows prosthetics and surgery on animals.

I don't know how complicated it would be to include this, but a one-size-fits-all animal prosthetics and limb/organ surgery would be a pretty great start. I know it's kinda weird to amputate a leg from a cow and attach it to a dog, but I dunno how complex it is to do for different species.
Also, creating a cybernetic dog would be pretty friggin rad :D

Would any of this be possible?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Playbahnosh on March 23, 2016, 07:35:34 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but would it be possible to extend the surgery and prosthetics to animals too?

EPOE already does everything I would need in a medical mod...for humans. But for many colonies now I always have the one dog that's just isn't right. A missing kidney, a hurt back, a missing paw, nothing life-threatening but it's just sad I can't do anything to help them and I haven't found any mod that allows prosthetics and surgery on animals.

I don't know how complicated it would be to include this, but a one-size-fits-all animal prosthetics and limb/organ surgery would be a pretty great start. I know it's kinda weird to amputate a leg from a cow and attach it to a dog, but I dunno how complex it is to do for different species.

See this mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16000.0
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Grimandevil

Quote from: Tony2000 on March 22, 2016, 11:23:45 AM
I have encountered a problem when colonist has exoskeleton, advanced bionic legs and arms and 12 adrenaline ribs. He had very high manipulation boost and at some point when he was crafting bionics, the "Amount of work left" on the crafted item became less than 0 (i.e -14 or -5, etc) and he just kept standing there in front of the bench "working" while doing actually nothing.
the issue has nothing to do with manipulation. if u want, search in this thread for "Amount of work left".
in short, to fix this, click on the unfinished item and cancel it, then try again.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Frug

I can't seem to be able to install any body parts from this mod. Really lame, as the parts work just fine if I put them on colonists through Prepare Carefully.

Playbahnosh

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 23, 2016, 07:41:27 AM
Quote from: Playbahnosh on March 23, 2016, 07:35:34 AM

See this mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16000.0

Yes, I saw that mod, but the author hasn't posted since last September and it's incompatible with a lot of things.
Plus, you can only ever get bits of animal prostethics from traders, there is no way to craft them.

EPOE already has recipes and workbenches for all medical stuff. Would it be possible to add animal prosthetics and organ transplant to the existing benches and menus? It would be much simpler to have all the surgery and prostheses things in one place and it wouldn't screw with other mods and modpacks like MVP that many people use.

Ykara

Animal surgery will come in the alpha 13 update, if there aren't any bigger compatibility problems.
And frug: Check your mod order. EPOE should be activated last.

w00d

thanks Ykara !

ps any chance for laser eyes for the animals ..cos you know.. Lasers on Sharks.. ok no sharks..yet.. but a full bionic Thrumbo with Laser projection eyes would be hilarious..

vel10

I was looking at the upcoming changes list for Alpha 13, and Tynan mentioned he was going to create several new kinds of 'mechanite infestations' - nanites, basically, which give various abilities at the cost of either pain or fatigue.

Do you think the creation and deliberate infection of people with mechanite infestations would be possible for the next version of this mod? It's certainly within the scope of the augmentation theme of the mod, at least. I'm not sure how you can prevent them from being cured, but perhaps that function will already be in Alpha 13, since they're seemingly useful.

The upcoming trauma savantism feature also seems like it has potential as some kind of deliberately engineered neural modification, with reduced drawbacks, similar to what DARPA is currently researching. That's a bit more distant from Prosthetics than simple nano-augmentations, though, so eh.

Ykara

Infecting people with such infestations certainly is possible, and there are a lots of new features in the upcoming alpha that will be the base for various new features for the mod. But I don't know if it's worth putting all the time in new prostheses and maybe more advanced stuff as the poll clearly suggests that EPOE is already too extensive for many ^^