[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Hiztaar

I was wondering, is there any way to replace a broken clavicle ? I tried almost everything but it did not worked. Even exoskeleton suit :\
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

AllenWL

No idea what that bone is, but if it's an arm bone, you need to replace the entire arm. If it's a leg bone, you'll have to replace the entire leg.

AllenWL

Quote from: Ykara on March 27, 2016, 07:14:36 AM
Infecting people with such infestations certainly is possible, and there are a lots of new features in the upcoming alpha that will be the base for various new features for the mod. But I don't know if it's worth putting all the time in new prostheses and maybe more advanced stuff as the poll clearly suggests that EPOE is already too extensive for many ^^

Personally, I'll welcome as many cool, fancy, and intresting bionics and replacements you add in... as long as it's NOT craftable and is only obtainable from traders or something.
I feel that most of what makes EPOE too 'extensive' or 'overdone' isn't really the bionics it adds, but rather, the huge amount of research and crafting benches it adds(I mean, 7 researches and 6 workbenches just for prostheses?).
Though this is just my opinion, I think just having the basic prostheses be craftable and the bionics and above being trader-bought would be better than being able to craft everything. I mean, it kinda makes the prostheses trader redundant as pretty much everything they sell can be crafted far more easily, and the few things that are uncraftable aren't sold by them(painkiller, joywire, liver, lung, etc), but by the exotic trader. The only time I ever trade with the prostheses trader is when I'm selling a few wooden feet for some quick cash. Otherwise, I just make them, and what replacements I do buy are from the exotic trader, not the prostheses trader.

Pumpus

So i remember back in the day there was a mod where I could put dead bodies of humans into a vat and break them down and make new organs, biomatter for healing scars etc.

Can this mod do that? I loved having a "special" medical wing ring next to my prison where all the naughty prisoners would end up. No one except the "butchers" would have access and the rest of the colony had no idea of the dark secrets that the "medical bay" were a part of.
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Hiztaar

Quote from: AllenWL on March 28, 2016, 04:46:01 AM
No idea what that bone is, but if it's an arm bone, you need to replace the entire arm. If it's a leg bone, you'll have to replace the entire leg.

It's a torso bone. The left clavicle is broken so I replaced left arm by a bionic arm et put an exoskeleton suit for the torso. None worked :S
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Ykara

I'm going to consider adding more "buy only" prostheses, if that's the thing that bugs you.

Quote from: Pumpus on March 28, 2016, 09:55:01 AM
So i remember back in the day there was a mod where I could put dead bodies of humans into a vat and break them down and make new organs, biomatter for healing scars etc.

Can this mod do that? I loved having a "special" medical wing ring next to my prison where all the naughty prisoners would end up. No one except the "butchers" would have access and the rest of the colony had no idea of the dark secrets that the "medical bay" were a part of.
No, the vat was the first thing I removed when I was modifying Minus' mod. It's extremely overpowered to make natural organs that have no downside out of dead raiders or prisoners. And patching scars isn't possible without extensive scripting work, and I'm more than untalented in scripting...
Maybe a rebalanced version of the vat will make a return someday, but it's not on my priority list.

Grimandevil

Quote from: AllenWL on March 28, 2016, 04:56:33 AM
(I mean, 7 researches and 6 workbenches just for prostheses?)
i dont get it why every1 so mad about benches, u can place all of them in a relative small room, unpower and forget till needed.

and researches.. i dunno, i find most researches too fast anyways. colonists have to be busy with something..

Quote from: Ykara on March 28, 2016, 11:51:57 AM
I'm going to consider adding more "buy only" prostheses, if that's the thing that bugs you.
i like the way it works with Power Arms, when u can craft basic version, then upgrade it with stuff from traders.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Entropy147

Quote from: Grimandevil on March 28, 2016, 02:35:56 PM
Quote from: AllenWL on March 28, 2016, 04:56:33 AM
(I mean, 7 researches and 6 workbenches just for prostheses?)
i dont get it why every1 so mad about benches, u can place all of them in a relative small room, unpower and forget till needed.

and researches.. i dunno, i find most researches too fast anyways. colonists have to be busy with something..

Quote from: Ykara on March 28, 2016, 11:51:57 AM
i like the way it works with Power Arms, when u can craft basic version, then upgrade it with stuff from traders.

of course the mod creator could always put the "buy only" prosthetics in the light version (just an idea to appease those that complain of too many crafting tables and that certain things shouldn't be craftable and those that think the exact opposite) and maybe add the recipes to the full version

w00d

i am gonna chime in and say i like the idea of being able to craft everything and create anything as required as long as i have the materials . That i have to rely on a random event trade to have something is something i do not want from a mod, you get enough random events already and maintaining a challenge should not be all about rng.

vel10

I didn't get the impression that it was the number of 'things to craft' that people wanted simplified, but rather the number of benches and complex recipes and whatnot.

I personally don't particularly mind those, but yeah.

Also, I concur with w00d. I don't particularly like having to rely on random number generator stuff to get the things I want.

Dugalle900

Talking about traders, if you have a mod (or multiple mods) that adds new traders to the game it makes it even harder to get what you want/need from them. I have 3 new traders IIRC (1 from this mod and 2 from others) and it's almost impossible to get a Bulk Goods Trader to buy meat '-'
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

Kraehe

Can't wait for the A13 update for the best Rimworld Mod. <3

Ykara

Quote from: Kraehe on April 07, 2016, 09:49:37 AM
Ohh, stop it! ⌒.⌒
I've been waiting for this update for months, I'm so excited to finally get my hands on it and try all the new features! But don't worry, first I'll update EPOE ^^ I'm gonna free up some time on the weekend, I hope the code hasn't changed that much this time.
Stay tuned!

SadisticNemesis

Quote from: Ykara on April 07, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
Ohh, stop it! ⌒.⌒
I've been waiting for this update for months, I'm so excited to finally get my hands on it and try all the new features! But don't worry, first I'll update EPOE ^^ I'm gonna free up some time on the weekend, I hope the code hasn't changed that much this time.
Stay tuned!

Yay incoming update, love this mod so thanks for the efforts :)

Kraehe

Quote from: Ykara on April 07, 2016, 02:28:57 PM
Ohh, stop it! ⌒.⌒
Stay tuned!

Wohoo, you are the best! :D