[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Rampart on April 10, 2016, 05:24:37 PM
noticed a problem if used on an existing save, if your pawns have an existing state like hypothermia it doesn't seem to clear. I'll get my ice sheet cannibals warmed up and try the mod again to see if it reoccurs :D

Edit: warmed them up while sleeping, and after loading the mod none of them seem to get hypothermia standing naked at -142 F.
Okay, now that's strange ;D I really don't have an idea why this problem occurs, the mod changes nothing with hyptohermia or anything temperature related...

Quote from: toric on April 10, 2016, 04:56:39 PM
I've been testing rimsinal, and it looks like there is no longer any bugs with attaching a massive number of recipes to one table. maybe its time to consolidate the workbenches a bit?
I'm really not a fan of having too many recipes on one bench, but there'll be a light version of this mod one day or other that will adress the big number of workbenches and recipes, so stay tuned ^^

Quote from: prosaa on April 10, 2016, 06:08:07 PM
So how do I get advanced components? Only through trading?
You can craft them at the component assembly bench after having researched vancidium!

Khall

Quote from: Ykara on April 10, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
noticed a problem if used on an existing save, if your pawns have an existing state like hypothermia it doesn't seem to clear. I'll get my ice sheet cannibals warmed up and try the mod again to see if it reoccurs :D

Edit: warmed them up while sleeping, and after loading the mod none of them seem to get hypothermia standing naked at -142 F.
Okay, now that's strange ;D I really don't have an idea why this problem occurs, the mod changes nothing with hyptohermia or anything temperature related...

I think I also found something related to that, blood loss doesn't seem to work as well.

Ykara

Quote from: Khall on April 10, 2016, 06:31:04 PM

I think I also found something related to that, blood loss doesn't seem to work as well.
Hm, I've tested it and you're right, I've experimented a little bit and think that I've found a solution. I've uploaded v1.61, please test it!

Qwertyest

How do you make ribs?

I researched the tech for it, but don't see an option for making them on any of the benches. Feel like I must be being stupid, but I can't see them anywhere.

Rampart

Quote from: Ykara on April 10, 2016, 06:59:54 PM
Quote from: Khall on April 10, 2016, 06:31:04 PM

Hm, I've tested it and you're right, I've experimented a little bit and think that I've found a solution. I've uploaded v1.61, please test it!

Looks like that did the trick, thanks!

NephilimNexus

YAY!  Must-have-mod is back!

Metal is better than meat.

Jeffman12

Would using a bionic hand provide less discomfort for a prostophobe over a bionic arm? Or would it just be -5 happiness per prosthesis anyways?

harpo99999

Quote from: Jeffman12 on April 11, 2016, 03:28:55 AM
Would using a bionic hand provide less discomfort for a prostophobe over a bionic arm? Or would it just be -5 happiness per prosthesis anyways?
yes

mo0504

When i activate this mod, my country flag (german flag) in the main menu is broken. i there anyone else with that problem?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

thundercaller

Ykara

Me too.
I guess there has changed something in the language folder, I'll take a look.

Quote from: Qwertyest on April 10, 2016, 08:31:11 PM
How do you make ribs?

I researched the tech for it, but don't see an option for making them on any of the benches. Feel like I must be being stupid, but I can't see them anywhere.
I guess you have already researched the rib replacement tech? There could indeed be a bug, the research project was done with an assembly till this version. I'll take a look.

Shabazza

Thanks for updating!
I'm totally addicted to this mod.  ;D

Ykara

Hey guys, I've just uploaded the second hotfix. It mainly adresses the rib bug, so you can craft ribs again with this fix!

SacoMato

Hi.
I can't find how to craft ribs in 1.62 either.
I noticed that there aren't CreateMedicalRib, CreateDruggedRib and CreateAdrenalineRib in any workbench's recipe list.

Cheers.

Adamiks

Hey, i think i found a bug, or its just how rimworld works and you cant really do much about that without C#. So basically if your colonist is missing a foot (maybe hand too, i dunno, i tested it only on foot), you can harvest his leg and attach it again, and dadam! He has his foot once again! :D

I felt its cheatsy tho, so i used developing mode and destroyed that leg.

Also, i dunno if its how its supposed to work, but if you fail operation body part just disappears. Im not sure if its a bug or vanilla thing.

And about researching speed - i have 1 colonist that is researching like all the time, but still, i feel like creating normal bionics feels way easier than waiting months for a trader (and having needed silver, of course). My suggestion is to make researching bionics a little harder, i think they're costly enough but because they're not that hard to research you can have them pretty early.

Also, considering you can just harvest legs and arms from prisoners, simple prostheses are pretty useless, i think some kind of mood modification or chance that colonist's body will reject that body part would be pretty cool