[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

macbuk

Looks like it creates an error when trying to finish bionics, it gets to 0 work left but never finishes.

Jdalt40

Wait, couldn't you remove the social debuff to removed body parts? (Noses and eyes), I was only wondering since A13 already added this in a way.

lvlchg

Personally love the mod, only downside is that I think there is too many variants of the same parts.

hector212121

Quote from: Kolljak on April 12, 2016, 06:42:13 PM
The Weapon arms might be hard... maybe built off the code for the Scyther Lancer Arm?... disapears on death.

And i think the endo skeleton might be to op.

Tho that does give me one idea. Why dont EMP nades not paralyze bionics.

What's overpowered is the fact that it's so easy to shoot something in the head and instakill it by breaking the brain or shoot it in the spine and cripple it's everything.

Even a clipped spine means -20% accuracy and move speed.

dawixx

How do you make ribs? I have all research done and all workbenches but no ribs anywhere

kpsychopath

Dont know if this is a error but some of the workbenches are missing the "power off" function

dawixx

Quote from: kpsychopath on April 13, 2016, 02:38:50 PM
Dont know if this is a error but some of the workbenches are missing the "power off" function
All of them, actually.

Azhais

Quote from: macbuk on April 12, 2016, 07:31:07 PM
Looks like it creates an error when trying to finish bionics, it gets to 0 work left but never finishes.

This occasionally happened in A12 too.  Only thing I've found for it is to click the "0 work left" item and hit cancel, which loses half the resources, then let it build again.  It is a very intermittent issue and I haven't found a real solid trigger for it yet other than it seems to happen more often when the crafter stops halfway through then goes back to it.

hector212121

Needs animal prosthesi. Nothing sucks more than seeing a dying boomalope blast off 3 of a bonded animal's legs.

spoderman_spoody

Something I noticed from this mod in MVP was that if you had two beds next to each other and a vitals monitor such as

X  X
XXX

replacing organs in the colonists on the beds faster than they could be hauled away would occasionally cause the bionics being installed to be lost. This happened mainly with advanced eyes and ears. It appeared that the ground had to be clear or the bionic part would be lost and an organ would drop.

To give an example I had 4 advanced bionic ears queued for installation on two colonists and 8 in stock. The floor rapidly filled up with normal ears and when I noticed what had happened I had one colonist with 2 ears with the second with only 1 but queued for 1 more yet there were 8 normal ears laying on the ground and now 0 bionics in stock

Ykara

Quote from: Hatura on April 12, 2016, 06:55:59 PM
Thanks for making a mirror. I tried without my adblockers but no luck:(
Download it from here!

Quote from: Torkkar on April 12, 2016, 06:39:33 PM
I'd like to suggest 2 things for this mod:

1 Integrated Weapon Arms:
Basically removes a Hand to make a Direct interface with a Weapon in the case of some weapon up to the elbow will be removed.
Stats:

Manipulation -20%
Aim +40% Faster time +60% for Minigun
Accuracy +40% / +10% for Minigun
shows gun equipped at all times

2 Plasteel Endo Skeleton:
Replaces all bones with Plasteel copies making skeletal damage and Brain injuries highly unlikely.
Stats:
UNKNOWN
bonus less chance of bone & Brain injuries.

also for existing rib replacements how bout just make one to replace the Rib cadge instead of each individual rib.
The cannon arm was actually planned, but it just didn't work. I think it might even be still in the code. Rimworld doesn't know what to know with the shoot attribute on a prosthetic arm, so I guess that's not going to happen.
To the exoskeleton suit: I could make a suit to completely replace the torso, so the colonist is just vulnerable at the torso, but that would be completely op ^^

Quote from: dawixx on April 13, 2016, 01:01:57 PM
How do you make ribs? I have all research done and all workbenches but no ribs anywhere
Just redownload the mod, I've already included this fix.

Quote from: kpsychopath on April 13, 2016, 02:38:50 PM
Thanks for reporting, it's already fixed, just redownload the mod! I will officially release 1.63 in a day or two with all the fixes I've already silently included, so nobody gets confused and everyone gets the fixes. But till then you can just redownload 1.62 and it works fine.

Quote from: macbuk on April 12, 2016, 07:31:07 PM

I've thought I've already fixed that ._. What did you try to create? That would really help me fixing this problem.

Quote from: Joshy1111 on April 13, 2016, 03:41:03 AM
Wait, couldn't you remove the social debuff to removed body parts? (Noses and eyes), I was only wondering since A13 already added this in a way.
Yeah, I guess. But I've never experienced a social debuff due to disfiguration, so I didn't change anything. But I think I'll take it out, doesn't really fit with A13 when you ask me. Thanks for reminding me!

Quote from: lvlchg on April 13, 2016, 06:21:14 AM
Personally love the mod, only downside is that I think there is too many variants of the same parts.
Do you mean simple, bionic and advanced?

Quote from: hector212121 on April 13, 2016, 04:23:30 PM
Needs animal prosthesi. Nothing sucks more than seeing a dying boomalope blast off 3 of a bonded animal's legs.
Be patient! It will come! ;D

Quote from: spoderman_spoody on April 13, 2016, 04:43:59 PM
Something I noticed from this mod in MVP was that if you had two beds next to each other and a vitals monitor such as

X  X
XXX

replacing organs in the colonists on the beds faster than they could be hauled away would occasionally cause the bionics being installed to be lost. This happened mainly with advanced eyes and ears. It appeared that the ground had to be clear or the bionic part would be lost and an organ would drop.

To give an example I had 4 advanced bionic ears queued for installation on two colonists and 8 in stock. The floor rapidly filled up with normal ears and when I noticed what had happened I had one colonist with 2 ears with the second with only 1 but queued for 1 more yet there were 8 normal ears laying on the ground and now 0 bionics in stock
Looks like a general bug to me. Can you reproduce the bug without having EPOE activated? Could be a case for the bug department ^^

macbuk

I was crafting a bionic leg, though the unfinished thing says "steel bionic leg". Not sure if it's supposed to specify the material.

Edit: canceling that one and crafting another seems to have worked for now. Pity that half the plasteel got lost in the process though.

NephilimNexus

Replaces all bones with Plasteel copies making skeletal damage and Brain injuries highly unlikely.
Stats:
UNKNOWN

And 100% chance to die from pseudo-leukemia because your body can no longer make blood cells.

Azhais

Quote from: macbuk on April 13, 2016, 06:58:58 PM
I was crafting a bionic leg, though the unfinished thing says "steel bionic leg". Not sure if it's supposed to specify the material.

Edit: canceling that one and crafting another seems to have worked for now. Pity that half the plasteel got lost in the process though.

I, too, was making a bionic leg when this happened

hector212121

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 13, 2016, 08:31:15 PM
Stats:
UNKNOWN

And 100% chance to die from pseudo-leukemia because your body can no longer make blood cells.

Nanites.