[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

dj84722

even with 1.62 i still can't find ribs in the workbenches, which one are they supposed to be built at?

Callum_Steel

Does anybody else feel like 1000 Gold per for an advanced bionic leg is a bit much. I know there suppost to be late game but it seems a bit exessive.

Ykara

Quote from: dj84722 on April 15, 2016, 03:06:38 AM
even with 1.62 i still can't find ribs in the workbenches, which one are they supposed to be built at?
You can build it at the bionic workbench after having the research done. But there was a problem when I released 1.62, so I reuploaded the right version. Just redownload the mod if you can't seem to find the recipe.

Quote from: Callum_Steel on April 15, 2016, 06:08:16 AM
Does anybody else feel like 1000 Gold per for an advanced bionic leg is a bit much. I know there suppost to be late game but it seems a bit exessive.
Yep, I'll think about that. But on the other hand, advanced stuff is endgame and the leg is pretty powerful...

dj84722

Quote from: Ykara on April 15, 2016, 12:06:28 PM
You can build it at the bionic workbench after having the research done. But there was a problem when I released 1.62, so I reuploaded the right version. Just redownload the mod if you can't seem to find the recipe.
I Redownloaded the mod, tried both my current game and a new game with only your mod active, then completed all research and checked every production building, i couldn't find any option to build the ribs
I can spawn them in and have seen them for sale

Severik

same goes for me, version 1.62, new planet, new colony, no possibility to make ribs on any of the Workbenches, all research done

Ykara

Quote from: Severik on April 15, 2016, 01:43:41 PM
same goes for me, version 1.62, new planet, new colony, no possibility to make ribs on any of the Workbenches, all research done
Have you redownloaded it, too?

The version that's currently available for download works perfectly fine. I really don't know what your problem could be :/

Severik

yeah, it says EPOE1.62

i rechecked the version in the Changelog too

edit: same goes for my wife but we use synced Mod Directories so its no wonder

Ykara

Quote from: Severik on April 15, 2016, 03:17:32 PM
yeah, it says EPOE1.62

i rechecked the version in the Changelog too
I mean if you have downloaded it again. I've updated the download. It's still 1.62, but has some fixes that I will release in a few days in 1.63. For example the rib fix.

Severik

mediafire says it was updatet before 18:00 and my download was 18:25 so im pretty sure its the new one. ofcourse i can try to re download and exchange the mods but will it fix the problem for a saved game or just a new colony?

edit: the Changelog of my current version says 1.62 Hotfix #2

edit #2: i just redownloaded it again, loaded only ur mod, restartet RW, created new Planet, created new Colony, activated all researches in Godmode and tested if i could make ribs.... i cant. maybe there is something wrong with the Medifafire Download itself or so

Ykara

Quote from: Severik on April 15, 2016, 03:32:14 PM
mediafire says it was updatet before 18:00 and my download was 18:25 so im pretty sure its the new one. ofcourse i can try to re download and exchange the mods but will it fix the problem for a saved game or just a new colony?

edit: the Changelog of my current version says 1.62 Hotfix #2

edit #2: i just redownloaded it again, loaded only ur mod, restartet RW, created new Planet, created new Colony, activated all researches in Godmode and tested if i could make ribs.... i cant. maybe there is something wrong with the Medifafire Download itself or so
Ah yes, I see. I've accidently overwritten the fixed version when uploading the fix for the workbenches... It's complicated ;D
Updated it again, so if you download it now, it should work. Sorry for the inconveniences :/
1.63 will clean up confusion, but I've yet to make some tweaks to ensure that everything is working properly this time ^^

Severik

sadpickle

:o 1000 gold?? Lordy.

I'm here to muse on something, and now that I know 1000 gold is required for a leg, my thoughts need modification, lol. Allow me to explain... I started a new colony with EPOE, and a caravan in the first month was carrying some very precious cargo: two vancidium statues. One had a market value of 100,000. Yes, 100k. Well, I did the sensible thing: rushed a bunch of turrets and laid waste to their caravan. It had an impressive guard too. The muffalo with the statues almost made it off the map, but I got him on the edge with a well-placed headshot. The wealth of my fledging colony quadrupled, according to the history chart. The raids are fierce indeed.

This made me question the feasibility of vancidium statues... they are common enough that it's notable, but the actual likelihood of making one is quite rare. I can't imagine using it for a statue when I need it for bionics. Is there any way to disable trade caravans from carrying them? Before caravans this could not be abused; I can't imagine anyone ever bought one... now I'm guaranteed at least 10k or so worth of goods on this single statue alone. I can easily put my relationship to +100 with the proceeds. And I can buy the 1000 gold I need for my favorite bionics...

EDIT: A bunch of tribals showed up with garbage and a 20k vancidium spear. Why do you tempt me so?  ::)

hector212121

Quote from: sadpickle on April 15, 2016, 07:59:13 PM

EDIT: A bunch of tribals showed up with garbage and a 20k vancidium spear. Why do you tempt me so?  ::)

Just smelt it.

Ykara

Quote from: Severik on April 15, 2016, 05:24:45 PM
no problem^^ btw. nicely done german Translation
Thanks ;D Dr. Z helped me a lot, it's very work expensive to translate every single item, recipe and bench ^^

Quote from: sadpickle on April 15, 2016, 07:59:13 PM
:o 1000 gold?? Lordy.

I'm here to muse on something, and now that I know 1000 gold is required for a leg, my thoughts need modification, lol. Allow me to explain... I started a new colony with EPOE, and a caravan in the first month was carrying some very precious cargo: two vancidium statues. One had a market value of 100,000. Yes, 100k. Well, I did the sensible thing: rushed a bunch of turrets and laid waste to their caravan. It had an impressive guard too. The muffalo with the statues almost made it off the map, but I got him on the edge with a well-placed headshot. The wealth of my fledging colony quadrupled, according to the history chart. The raids are fierce indeed.

This made me question the feasibility of vancidium statues... they are common enough that it's notable, but the actual likelihood of making one is quite rare. I can't imagine using it for a statue when I need it for bionics. Is there any way to disable trade caravans from carrying them? Before caravans this could not be abused; I can't imagine anyone ever bought one... now I'm guaranteed at least 10k or so worth of goods on this single statue alone. I can easily put my relationship to +100 with the proceeds. And I can buy the 1000 gold I need for my favorite bionics...

Ok, I've made vancidium cheaper. Instead of 40 gold it's now 20.

And to the sculptures thing: I really haven't thought about that, didn't know that someone would be so evil to attack caravans :O I could make vancidium for bionics only, but then you couldn't build these cool walls and doors anymore and I'd have to update my screenshots. Dilemma.

Palladine

I don't think you should worry about the balance issues that come from attacking caravans. Being evil gives you a head's up in most games, and Rimworld is not an exception; the downside is not mechanical but is rather the forfeiture of a piece of the player's soul.

... That sounds a bit preachy. I'm just trying to say that being a bad person is meant to be tempting, not that you're selling your soul for every virtual organ you harvest. In other words, please don't remove the decorative vancidium; it's impossible to get that lovely shade of teal anywhere else. :(

EDIT: Also, this wouldn't be a problem at all if factions were more complex. Since this alpha focused on pawn relationships, here's to hoping the next alpha overhauls faction relationships.