[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

SomethingLikeArthi

Sorry for bad english, i don't find download links for alpha 12, if it exists can you give me?
:)

Severik

another Day, another Question^^.

so i noticed that when replacing an intact Arm/Leg with the Bionic Counterpart, the original Arm/Leg is destroyed or something .....ist it too hard for an 20/20 Doc to keep that old Bodypart intact like he does when amputating them? i think its more realistic if these old Bodyparts would be usabel......i dunno why but my ppl dont like it when im amputating their arms before replacing them with bionics^^

Ykara

Quote from: SomethingLikeArthi on April 16, 2016, 02:39:24 PM
Sorry for bad english, i don't find download links for alpha 12, if it exists can you give me?
Of course, here it is: Click!

Quote from: Severik on April 16, 2016, 03:23:24 PM

so i noticed that when replacing an intact Arm/Leg with the Bionic Counterpart, the original Arm/Leg is destroyed or something .....ist it too hard for an 20/20 Doc to keep that old Bodypart intact like he does when amputating them? i think its more realistic if these old Bodyparts would be usabel......i dunno why but my ppl dont like it when im amputating their arms before replacing them with bionics^^
Legs work fine, I've found the problem with arms and have fixed it for the next version :D Thanks for reporting!

Quote from: Palladine on April 16, 2016, 10:44:54 AM
I don't think you should worry about the balance issues that come from attacking caravans. Being evil gives you a head's up in most games, and Rimworld is not an exception; the downside is not mechanical but is rather the forfeiture of a piece of the player's soul.

... That sounds a bit preachy. I'm just trying to say that being a bad person is meant to be tempting, not that you're selling your soul for every virtual organ you harvest. In other words, please don't remove the decorative vancidium; it's impossible to get that lovely shade of teal anywhere else. :(

EDIT: Also, this wouldn't be a problem at all if factions were more complex. Since this alpha focused on pawn relationships, here's to hoping the next alpha overhauls faction relationships.
Haha, nicely said! I don't want to remove vancidium as stuff either, but sadpickle has a point. If being evil is rewarded with tons of silver, it could get too tempting ^^ I'll see if there's any option to do something with the caravans.

RazorHed

As scarce as orbital trade ships are this alpha , you might want to remove the two new traders

SomethingLikeArthi

Quote from: Ykara on April 17, 2016, 06:59:41 AM
Quote from: SomethingLikeArthi on April 16, 2016, 02:39:24 PM
Of course, here it is: Click!

Quote from: Severik on April 16, 2016, 03:23:24 PM

Legs work fine, I've found the problem with arms and have fixed it for the next version :D Thanks for reporting!

Quote from: Palladine on April 16, 2016, 10:44:54 AM
I don't think you should worry about the balance issues that come from attacking caravans. Being evil gives you a head's up in most games, and Rimworld is not an exception; the downside is not mechanical but is rather the forfeiture of a piece of the player's soul.

... That sounds a bit preachy. I'm just trying to say that being a bad person is meant to be tempting, not that you're selling your soul for every virtual organ you harvest. In other words, please don't remove the decorative vancidium; it's impossible to get that lovely shade of teal anywhere else. :(

EDIT: Also, this wouldn't be a problem at all if factions were more complex. Since this alpha focused on pawn relationships, here's to hoping the next alpha overhauls faction relationships.
Haha, nicely said! I don't want to remove vancidium as stuff either, but sadpickle has a point. If being evil is rewarded with tons of silver, it could get too tempting ^^ I'll see if there's any option to do something with the caravans.

chaotix14

Hey, just giving you a heads up. Seems like EPOE causes an error in combination with CCL.

Managed to narrow it down to this mod after some tedium.

sproutprinceps

I'd like to report that sometimes when pawn upgrading the bionics on advanced bionic workbench the unfinished bionic process is stopped at 0, sometimes even minus number (-2, -3). I don't know why this happen, it's like when I used this mod on A12.

Severik

ah i got the same bug sometimes....once i had a bionic leg with work amunt of -1000 ....but i get this error with other things as well like kevlar vests and power Armors....so i thougth its not from this mod

Ykara

Should be fixed for the next version, I think it was because recipes now use components.

Florius

Quote from: Ykara on April 18, 2016, 01:10:14 PM
Should be fixed for the next version, I think it was because recipes now use components.

So they aren't compatible for now?

Ykara

Quote from: Florius on April 18, 2016, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: Ykara on April 18, 2016, 01:10:14 PM

So they aren't compatible for now?
I've fixed the bug with the negative worktime, do you mean CCL?
I've tested it and it works perfectly fine, because why shouldn't it. EPOE doesn't use a dll anymore, it's just a "simple" xml mod, so there's nothing to interfere with CCL.

Oduunich

Is there another link to download from? Mediafire and me don't get along apparently.

Adamiks

Hey, i wasnt at my house so i had no internet and sooo, i had to update a lot myself (like ribs and bugs) :C

Though, i messed here and there (honestly, i dont even remember what exactly), i added advanced AI Chip, rebalanced vancidium, so now it requires more or less half of what it required before, it comes from my calculation that 1000 gold + plasteel that is expensive also is just super overpaying for some advanced prostheses, if you put that on 500 gold and less plasteel its like more or less exact market value of advanced prostheses, after all, isnt that the point of crafting prostheses yourself? You waste time and resources so later you can save some silver, especially that bionic prostheses are cheap as hell, like they require half the market value, for example bionic eye - producing cost: +/- 1000 market value: 2500 (or 2000, i dont remember). I also added craftable joywire and painstopper, i tried to make 'advanced painstopper/joywire' aka one of them connected with advanced AI chip. And it was dumb, because all i had to do is make them implants (so now you can install AI chip + painstopper and joywire), thank you, new hediff system (of course i noticed i can just make them implants after working my ass off to connect <painfactor> with capmods and to make that work, so yeah, i got it to work, and it was all just a waste of time, ahh, Rimworld Gods :D)!

I also changed power arms so now they apply scratches like power claw, i think its more logical, after all, its an arm with claw and hand, so you would rather use that claw-y parts.

Also, for some reason lungs are more expensive than heart or liver, it should be the other way, because after you remove liver or heart patient dies.

And i couldnt hear any sounds coming from synthesizer, it should have tailoring-like sound, either way, i thought your EPOE sound is better for that, i kinda dont imagine 'tailoring' organs :D

And there was a bug with traders, i think so at least, i had to add that they're orbital traders and change def name of pirate trader so it replaces vanilla pirate trader.

Also, why is there no option to fix scars? In old versions there was a dll for that (i tried to see if that dll would still work on A13, i got no errors, but scars werent disappearing so i guess it is outdated, and yeah, i got xmls about scars too).

Either way, i'll just send you my version so you can take a look at it, but keep in mind its 1.6 version without all those fixes (though, i fixed a lot of bugs myself, like shoulder/arm thing ribs thing and traders thing), and it was kinda still work in progress (so painstopper/joywire/advanced AI chip arent really balanced and other things).

And honestly, its a waste i fixed some of the bugs (at least those arms for sure) before someone even reported them here on the forum but i couldnt let you know and/or send you my fix for it. Welp, life, i guess.

freca

I tried to build an upgraded bionic hand.
For that i need:
1 bionic hand - check
3 advanced components - ??

For 1 advanced component i need 5 vancidium
So i need 15 vancidium

1 vancidium needs
2*20 gold
25 steel
10 plasteel

15 vancidium:
600 gold
375 steel
150 plasteel

with an estimated cost for gold of 10 i have to buy or find gold worth about 6000 silver.

And yes, i tried. it really takes 2*20 gold to craft one vancidium.
Without the "*20" it would be ok, but like this it is way to expensive :-[

Severik

i dont find that 6k of silver is a high amount but it seems a bit overprized.....well, seeing that my wife has an 4 hours old colony with 25k silver.....