[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Oduunich on April 19, 2016, 11:13:05 PM
Quote from: Ykara on April 19, 2016, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Oduunich on April 18, 2016, 09:58:28 PM
Is there another link to download from? Mediafire and me don't get along apparently.
Look a few posts above you ^^
I did. Looked through pages 64, 65, and 66 before I posted, rechecked them after I saw this. Only saw a link for the person who was looking for A12 version, which was also on Mediafire. The problem I am having is that Mediafire says it's a 3.78 MB file, but when I download it my computer says it's looking for a 3.8MB file. After it gets all of the file It's still looking for the last bits and doesn't complete. Only having this issue with files from Mediafire. Hence why I was asking if you had it on another place such as Dropbox or Github.
Does it work yet? If not, click here.

Quote from: spoderman_spoody on April 20, 2016, 01:47:18 PM
I did some testing on the whole "losing bionics" bug

http://oi67.tinypic.com/30xhob6.jpg

Worthy of mention
1. No stockpile was assigned but I have a feeling it would have happened even if there was one and said stockpiles were full
2. In MVP in previous patch the bionics would get lost. In this update instead of the part disappearing the doctor gets stuck in a weird loop.

BTW I totally saw the part in your files where it says "I wonder if anybody reads this" lol
That's really strange. I guess you have already tested it without any mods activated? I'll have to take a closer look at this problem.
P.S.: Hehe, didn't think that there are people browsing through my code ^^ Maybe I'll hide some more hidden messages, who know ^^

Quote from: Dreadstorm on April 20, 2016, 03:09:06 PM
Quote from: Adamiks on April 20, 2016, 12:11:32 PM
Hmm... It sounds more like general bug or bug from another mod, i mean, this mod is not really doing anything to traders beside adding few, but that shouldnt cause problems like trading window being completely broken.

All I was running was the planning mod and the UI mod at the top of the screen (with Community Mod ofc).
I managed to remove those safely for my savefile and even after loading the traders were still broken. I cant remove this mod because it makes the save file broken. Without starting a pure vanilla game and waiting an hour for a trader its difficult to test.
Has to be the UI mod, EPOE doesn't interfere with the user interface at all.

Quote from: AmelieA on April 20, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
I don't know if anyone reported it yet but when using this mod, colonist can't get cold. That removes all the fun you can have in a cold biome  :'(
You're still using 1.60, I've already fixed this bug, just download 1.62 and everything works fine. Well, not everything, but your colonists will get cold again.

Quote from: Distorti0N on April 20, 2016, 05:44:49 PM
Ykara, I was facing similar if not the same issues with CCL in Shinzy's mod Apparello.
He found that a researchable item was missing the 'makeable' base.

Check out https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5085.780 (Pages 53 & 54)

Maybe this will help with fixing EPOE? Worth a shot and let me know if I can help because my game is almost in perfect harmony with many mods - Just trying to fix yours lol.
Quite an interesting error, but prostheses don't have a makeblebase as far as I'm concerned. I'll take a closer look at this problem, too, although it's gonna be difficult because I don't have any problems with CCL. But thanks for the link to Apparello, I'll see what I can do.

Oduunich

Quote from: Ykara on April 20, 2016, 06:46:37 PM
Does it work yet? If not, click here.
Nah, it's an issue with Mediafire, but that OneDrive one did. Thanks! Been trying at least 10 times a day for the last week, clearing caches, etc. and EPOE is one of 3 mods I'm waiting on updating to A13 (I've been playing A9 forever) to start a new map. At least yours was updated, every other mod I've found where they used Mediafire, I could live without. Gotta have my EPOE though.

BinaryBlackhole

One piece of vanadium takes nearly a thousand silver worth of materials to make advanced components take 5 I can't afford bionics in the 10 thousands.
Could you please reduce the gold required to 1 as it is small volume and not enough traders are selling it or remove advanced components and instead just use vandicum

AmelieA

I've played a few hours with a new map and the last version of the mod and I can't reload my map it crashes at "loading map".
How do you get crashing logs ?

Nevermind, found the log file near the save files and it was the number mods which crashed.
Thanks for the mod :)

hector212121

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on April 21, 2016, 05:43:56 PM
One piece of vanadium takes nearly a thousand silver worth of materials to make advanced components take 5 I can't afford bionics in the 10 thousands.
Could you please reduce the gold required to 1 as it is small volume and not enough traders are selling it or remove advanced components and instead just use vandicum

I recommend buying items with Poor or lower quality made of vancidium and smelting/deconstructing them.

Entropy147

I'm not sure if this issue had been bought up yet, but anyways, I'm having an issue with ribs - I can craft them, but I can't install them as no option to install ribs shows in the operations tab.

Ykara

Quote from: Sentry on April 22, 2016, 10:45:42 AM
I'm not sure if this issue had been bought up yet, but anyways, I'm having an issue with ribs - I can craft them, but I can't install them as no option to install ribs shows in the operations tab.
Why is it always the ribs? ^^ There have to be conflicting mods, for example a mod that overwrites the BodyPartsDef. Because installing should work fine.

Entropy147

No, I don't have any mods that mess with body part defs (to my knowledge that is), although this could be an issue on my side,

EDIT: Nevermind,  my mod order was screwed up (why do I always mess that up?)

Ykara

Update 1.63 - Fixes, tweaks and a new rib!

Howdy!
I've finally found time to make some last tweaks to v1.63 - and here it is!
You have reported countless bugs and other problems, and now they're all fixed, so thank you all very much!
The two most important changes are that surgeries can now fail and that vancidium now requires only the half amount of gold to make, since many of you have noted how rare gold is in A13 without orbital traders. And have you ever noticed that you could not possibly fail when installing new body parts? Yeah, me neither. And that was a big balance issue, so I have given pretty much every surgery a small chance to fail and an even smaller chance to fail catastrophically. Natural surgery is slightly riskier than installing bionics, to balance the wide availability of harvested prisoner legs.
Oh, and I've added a new rib, the painstopper rib. It's a little excuse for all the problems with crafting and installing ribs :D
Download the update from the original post and have fun!

Changes:
*  All surgeries now have a small chance to fail, especially natural
*  Added the painkiller rib, that decreases your pain factor!
*  All benches can now be turned off
*  Fixed creating ribs now works fine once again
*  Halved the amount of gold needed to craft vancidium
*  Slightly rebalanced the cost of some recipes
*  Fixed a bug with colonists not getting the disfigured malus
*  Removed the talking debuff when losing a nose
*  Advanced components now require a normal component to make
*  Changed the power arm's damage typ to scratch
*  Fixed some problems with traders (thanks to Adamiks!)
*  Changed some market values
*  Fixed missing sounds in organ crafting
*  Some changes on the German Translation

Adamiks

Quote from: Ykara on April 22, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
Howdy!

Ehm... Ykara = Chara? That's pretty similar... I got my eyes on you...

And have you ever noticed that you could not possibly fail when installing new body parts? Yeah, me neither.

Wot? OvO I'm pretty sure i failed at installing bionics... Maybe those were vanilla bionics... Yeah, that's probably it.

Oh, and I've added a new rib, the painstopper rib.

Good call! Few more ribs can be used for other rib replacements than just adrenaline ones :D

Also, i had a thought, considering vanilla has joywire and painstopper, its not really worth it to install drugged rib or even this new painstopper rib instead of adrenaline one (because you can install both j.wire and painst.) Maybe increase market value of joywire and painstopper?

*  Fixed some problems with traders (thanks to Adamiks!)

I feel so honored right now! :D

From all the people who reported bugs i'm the only one you mentioned ^^ (thats my flirty-raising eyebrows face, like this haha, now this image will be stuck in your head forever!)

I feel a little bad for others, though, or no, it passed, IM THE CHOSEN ONE, BABY! EAT SHIT EVERYONE! SUCK M...

Oh wait, thats not really appropriate, i'll for sure get reported for that! :D

Ykara

I've mentioned you because I stole the code for the traders from your fixed EPOE version ;D I'm glad that you're so enthusiastic about it ^^
Thanks for reminding me of changing the market value of the two brain implants, I've significantly increased it and have updated the download!

Adamiks

You can steal from me any time ^^

And you're glad? Hmm... So it was your intention to... Flirt with me... All this time? :O

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on April 22, 2016, 05:37:42 PM
And you're glad? Hmm... So it was your intention to... Flirt with me... All this time? :O
You sound more like Papyrus than Sans, maybe you should change your profile pic  ::)

Adamiks

Oh no!

So it's true! You're wearing clothes and now this?!

FEAR NOT! THERE IS NOTHING GREAT DATE GUIDE AND GREAT PAPYRUS CANT HANDLE!

I guess i can act like both of'em, but Pap is simply easier, like seriously, all those puns, i dont have a bone for them.

Maybe i should be named Papyrans or Sarus from now on!

(no, they suck....)

NEVERMIND! YOU WONT DISTRACT ME WITH THIS TOPIC CHANGE!

I dont wanna be a bonehead, i would have said, i dont want to rush, but i dont have a skin for any rash.

I just thought of a new pun, wanna hear it? No? Potassium.

No, that wasnt the pun. Its just how i talk, i'm not really a *brainy* guy, but im kind of, partly, smart.

So, my interests are pretty narrow, because i have so much bone marrow. And im interested in you, so you wont get rid of me that easily ;)

But that shouldnt be a problem, im sure you wouldnt wanna do that ^^

Plasmatic

I dunno if it's just me but I notice that sometimes when my colonists try to craft a bionic bodypart the part can get stuck at 0 or -1 work remaining, completely breaking the work order and making the colonist stuck trying to work, as well as throwing a few errors in the log.

Just happened now with bionic foot. I'll try to get the errors it throws up next time it happeneds