[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 23, 2016, 06:32:31 AM
I dunno if it's just me but I notice that sometimes when my colonists try to craft a bionic bodypart the part can get stuck at 0 or -1 work remaining, completely breaking the work order and making the colonist stuck trying to work, as well as throwing a few errors in the log.

Just happened now with bionic foot. I'll try to get the errors it throws up next time it happeneds
Are you using the latest version of the mod? Even though I've not completely pinned down this error, I think I've reduced it's probability to happen.

hoochy

Quote from: Ykara on April 23, 2016, 06:52:44 AM
I dunno if it's just me but I notice that sometimes when my colonists try to craft a bionic bodypart the part can get stuck at 0 or -1 work remaining, completely breaking the work order and making the colonist stuck trying to work, as well as throwing a few errors in the log.

Just happened now with bionic foot. I'll try to get the errors it throws up next time it happeneds

Are you using the latest version of the mod? Even though I've not completely pinned down this error, I think I've reduced it's probability to happen.

Happens to me all the time in 1.62, seems every OTHER bionic part has this happen to it, so quite common for me, haven't tried 1.63 yet. FWIW I nearly always run at 3x speed, could be related to a tick count issue at that speed or something.

This is a good mod, I would say you have a place to add fixing ALL health issues with this mod, because other mods will likely conflict with it. There is a place for the defacto health mod and you wouldn't be far from it. :)

Plasmatic

Quote from: Ykara on April 23, 2016, 06:52:44 AM

I believe i am running the latest version
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModMetaData>
<name>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering</name>
<author>Ykara</author>
    <url>https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0</url>
<targetVersion>Alpha 13</targetVersion>
<description>Adds the ability to craft tons of prostheses and artificial organs in various forms and shapes. Version 1.63</description>
</ModMetaData>
Is the about.xml file.

If it helps I was also running at 3x speed, and the error seems to not happened if you have the unfinished bionic part selected for some strange reason.. Perhaps Hoochy isn't far from the truth with the ticks thing, assuming whatever is selected is updated more often?
I'm just guessing wildly tho, I have no idea how the rimworld engine handles things :P

Kraehe

After this i think i have to add Adamiks and Ykara as colonists in my next game. I'm curious how this will end. xD

Adamiks

Quote from: Kraehe on April 23, 2016, 05:06:20 PM
After this i think i have to add Adamiks and Ykara as colonists in my next game. I'm curious how this will end. xD

I'm a very modest guy, but...

I think we both know how that will end ;)

P.S.

It's a 69th page ::)

Plasma Phi

I noticed that once i "upgrade" colonist with advanced bionic arms, the advanced toolbelt can no longer be used by that colonist.

Is this a bug ?

-edit-
Toolbelts are from "right tool for the job" mod

Ordessa

Yo, as one of my long time favourite mods, first of all, I want to thank you for creating this! Along with Glittertech, it really perfects an endgame goal of ascending to glitterworld advanced humans.

I am having a little bug though, I have noticed, more and more, that I am seeing animals with two of the same limbs being burned off/destroyed. Unless Alpaca's have evolved a lot since now, I think this may be a bug. Is their a known cause for this?

Note: I am not using ADogSaid.

AleXandrYuZ

I log in just to tell you that I'm having the same glitch about colonist getting stuck and never finishing some bionic parts.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on April 24, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
I log in just to tell you that I'm having the same glitch about colonist getting stuck and never finishing some bionic parts.
I also have it happen.  in my case, cancelling the item and having them start over usually fixes it.  it seems to happen at times when they stop and re-start.  in my last game I only made 4 bionic parts - two of them had to be cancelled/restarted.

uzzi44

When I installed the mod to my existing colony one of my colonists didnt do anything, just stood there. He didnt move even when drafted, mood didnt go up or down nothing. He had a bionic and a prosthetic arm. I fixed this by removing the mod, removing his arms then putting the mod in and installing his arms. Now im paranoid because half of my colonists had synthetic parts before the mod.

AleXandrYuZ

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 24, 2016, 01:57:11 PM
I also have it happen.  in my case, cancelling the item and having them start over usually fixes it.  it seems to happen at times when they stop and re-start.  in my last game I only made 4 bionic parts - two of them had to be cancelled/restarted.
Is not really a "fix" because you lose resources...I think.

Ykara

Oh god, please tell me how this ends xD

Quote from: Plasma Phi on April 23, 2016, 11:53:00 PM
I noticed that once i "upgrade" colonist with advanced bionic arms, the advanced toolbelt can no longer be used by that colonist.

Is this a bug ?

-edit-
Toolbelts are from "right tool for the job" mod
Hm, that shouldn't happen, I'll take a closer look.

Quote from: Ordessa on April 24, 2016, 11:48:14 AM
Yo, as one of my long time favourite mods, first of all, I want to thank you for creating this! Along with Glittertech, it really perfects an endgame goal of ascending to glitterworld advanced humans.

I am having a little bug though, I have noticed, more and more, that I am seeing animals with two of the same limbs being burned off/destroyed. Unless Alpaca's have evolved a lot since now, I think this may be a bug. Is their a known cause for this?

Note: I am not using ADogSaid.
That's indeed strange, but I don't think it has something to do with EPOE. Maybe Tynan secretly included invisible dragons...

Are you using 1.63? I think it has something to do with unfinished items and I guess I've fixed this.

Quote from: uzzi44 on April 24, 2016, 02:22:04 PM
When I installed the mod to my existing colony one of my colonists didnt do anything, just stood there. He didnt move even when drafted, mood didnt go up or down nothing. He had a bionic and a prosthetic arm. I fixed this by removing the mod, removing his arms then putting the mod in and installing his arms. Now im paranoid because half of my colonists had synthetic parts before the mod.
Synthetic parts before installing the mod? Synthetic parts are a part of the mod, something's not right here ^^ But the problem sounds interesting, I really don't know what could be causing it. Does anyone here have similar issues?

Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on April 24, 2016, 04:37:04 PM
You don't lose the resources, only the work time... I think.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Quote from: Ykara on April 24, 2016, 04:50:50 PM

You do indeed lose some of the resources. I forget the exact amount but in my own personal example a frozen Adv. Bionic Leg only yielded the Bionic Leg and 4 Adv. Components (rather than 5) when I canceled it

Adamiks

Quote from: uzzi44 on April 24, 2016, 02:22:04 PM

Have you tried drafting him and ordering him to move? Also, you can try to turn on developer mode, click that face icon and look for 'endcurrenttask', or something like this, it had 'end' in it for sure (you can search that up, you'll know). If that wont help, all you can do is sending us a log (if you get any errors at all), if you dont know how just search that up on the forum, im sure there are tons of topics with people asking about this

Oh god, please tell me how this ends xD

Well... We can check it out on our own ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on April 24, 2016, 04:37:04 PM

You actually lose resources. But i guess if thats bugging ('bugging' haha, oh man, im so funny even when i dont even try, im literally dying of laughter, noo, not really, tho, i wasnt planning to make that joke, just noticed it before i posted.. this post) anyone that much he can use developer mode, do simple math (recipe cost - what you got after canceling = amount of stuff you spawn) and spawn things you lost in the process.

AleXandrYuZ

I just loouked up in my Downloads file I yes I was indeed using 1.62. Sorry
I'm gonna test 1.63 now.