[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on April 24, 2016, 04:37:04 PM
Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 24, 2016, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on April 24, 2016, 12:00:24 PM
I log in just to tell you that I'm having the same glitch about colonist getting stuck and never finishing some bionic parts.
I also have it happen.  in my case, cancelling the item and having them start over usually fixes it.  it seems to happen at times when they stop and re-start.  in my last game I only made 4 bionic parts - two of them had to be cancelled/restarted.
Is not really a "fix" because you lose resources...I think.
You get your bionic part.  lost resources are just part of surviving on a rimworld.. until they fix the mod :)

bigmap

ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings
Buildings_BasicProstheticWorkbench.xml

<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
      <DefName>TableBasicProsthetic</DefName>

Modify as

<ThingDef ParentName="BenchBase">
      <DefName>TableBasicProsthetic</DefName>

Dugalle900

Why do I have to research Rib replacements in order to install ribs but to instal bionic stuff I don't have to research anything?
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

baronjutter

I've never used mods before,  this mod was exactly what I was looking for.  I downloaded this mod and a couple others that should be compatible, made sure your mod is loaded last, but no new workbenches or research shows up in my existing game or a new world I made.  Any ideas?

Dugalle900

Quote from: baronjutter on April 24, 2016, 11:49:30 PM
I've never used mods before,  this mod was exactly what I was looking for.  I downloaded this mod and a couple others that should be compatible, made sure your mod is loaded last, but no new workbenches or research shows up in my existing game or a new world I made.  Any ideas?

You have to extract the files from the .rar, not just place it in the Mods folder
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

baronjutter

I had them all extracted.  Started a new world with only this mod enabled, still nothing.  What should I expect to see if the mod is working?  Where are the new benches located or do I need to do something in-game to unlock them?

Dugalle900

Well, you gotta research the stuff first, but I thought you'd checked that -.-

baronjutter

I figured it out!!  It was my directory structure.  When you just tell windows to unzip something it creates a folder with the same name as the zip, then the contents.  So I had this mod and a couple others in a sub-folder.  I noticed the mods that worked were the mods that were not in a sub-folder.  It's all good now, I see the basic prosthetics table in production now.

Geroj

Would be nice if you could print shattered bones like femur, heal scars, or grow natural body parts for prosthophobes

Adamiks

Quote from: baronjutter on April 25, 2016, 12:27:16 AM
I figured it out!!  It was my directory structure.  When you just tell windows to unzip something it creates a folder with the same name as the zip, then the contents.  So I had this mod and a couple others in a sub-folder.  I noticed the mods that worked were the mods that were not in a sub-folder.  It's all good now, I see the basic prosthetics table in production now.

Haha, i knew you messed up something while extracting because mod was named 'EPOE 1.6' like a .rar, not extracted mod. Well, good that you figured it out on your own tho!

jackarbiter

Quote from: Dugalle900 on April 24, 2016, 11:30:38 PM
Why do I have to research Rib replacements in order to install ribs but to instal bionic stuff I don't have to research anything?

You have to research bionics... no?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

qurffe

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 09:03:52 AM

You can just buy bionics part and install them without needing to research anything, for ribs you have to research it.

Adamiks

Quote from: qurffe on April 25, 2016, 09:14:54 AM
Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 09:03:52 AM

You can just buy bionics part and install them without needing to research anything, for ribs you have to research it.

Boom, done, if nobody wants to wait for Ykara moving her lazy (but probably nice ass, like even i have a nice ass, so i'm sure Ykara has a better one) ass and taking a look at that, he can use my 'fix' for that (not sure if its a fix though.... Its not a bug sooo...)!

Here is whole EPOE 1.63 with that little change of mine

Or you can simply download that one file in attachments and put it in Rimworld game folder->Mods->EPOE->Defs->RecipeDefs and replace the file.

P.S.

Ykara, you forgot to remove todo.txt from a mod folder, it's so tempting to do some of those things and be like "Boom, baby, i did that, be thankful now, biaaatch!" :D

But nah, i'll be a gentleman and let you do that, so you'll be proud of yourself ^-^

(huehue, perfect excuse for bein' lazy)

Anyway, goin' to sleep now! 2AM and im talki... typing to myself about ass of a girl i dont even know! Be or not to be a pervert?... For sure i'll be one.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

BlackSmokeDMax

Like to report something that seems wrong. Not positive it is from EPOE, but it seems likely. I am using it from within the Hardcore SK pack (2.5a with Alpha 12d)

Anyway the issue I'm seeing is this:

-I have a colonist who has a left arm that is "shot off" - Manipulation 50%
-I craft a steel arm that I will attach in that void.
-During surgery, the fake arm is installed correctly, but I also receive an "arm" as if I had replaced a good arm. - Manipulation 78%
-That arm gets hauled off to a stockpile.

Now I think to myself that is weird, I now have an 'arm' that is showing 50/50 (IIRC on that number) with no mention of it being a partial arm or anything. So I decide to save game, with the full intention of save-scumming if this next part does not work as planned.

-I install the arm I received from the installation of the steel arm back in place of the steel arm. Surgery goes well, no injuries shown at all now - Manipulation 100% Also have the steel arm back to place into a stockpile.

I did some searches both on google and here on the forums and didn't see anything come up in regards to this. Find it hard to believe this is the first time it has happened.

Is this a known bug/cheese maneuver?
Is this even from EPOE or something else from within the Hardcore SK modpack?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

jackarbiter

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 25, 2016, 09:56:43 PM
Is this a known bug/cheese maneuver?

1.6 - Alpha 13 - The big balance update! (10.04.2016)
*  Removing parts now works properly

I think I remember seeing this come up some pages back, and I think it's been addressed, but not for 12d.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles