[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 25, 2016, 10:10:59 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on April 25, 2016, 09:56:43 PM
Is this a known bug/cheese maneuver?

1.6 - Alpha 13 - The big balance update! (10.04.2016)
*  Removing parts now works properly

I think I remember seeing this come up some pages back, and I think it's been addressed, but not for 12d.

Thanks, glad to know it's fixed. Honestly I wouldn't even have tried it had I known it was a bug. I just really wanted to know at that point.

Kraehe

I don't know why but since i restartet with 1.63 i cannot install pain stopper. The only thing i changed was that in this game i also installed "A dog said...". :/

But i created the pain stoppers with the development mode.

Ykara

Quote from: Dugalle900 on April 24, 2016, 11:30:38 PM
Why do I have to research Rib replacements in order to install ribs but to instal bionic stuff I don't have to research anything?
To make it more challenging. Rib replacements are pretty cheap to make, and, although balanced with some downsides, pretty effective. And you don't need the research to install the ribs, just to craft them.

I think I remember seeing this come up some pages back, and I think it's been addressed, but not for 12d.
Actually this bug is very well known and can't be fixed, it's a problem of the vanilla game. What I have fixed is that every part can now be removed and that it spawns the item correctly. But unfortunately there's nothing I can do about BlackSmoke's described problem :/

Quote from: Kraehe on April 26, 2016, 05:12:14 AM
I don't know why but since i restartet with 1.63 i cannot install pain stopper. The only thing i changed was that in this game i also installed "A dog said...". :/

But i created the pain stoppers with the development mode.
You have to research brain surgery first, same goes for joywire.

Quote from: Adamiks on April 25, 2016, 07:59:02 PM
Ykara, you forgot to remove todo.txt from a mod folder, it's so tempting to do some of those things and be like "Boom, baby, i did that, be thankful now, biaaatch!" :D

But nah, i'll be a gentleman and let you do that, so you'll be proud of yourself ^-^

(huehue, perfect excuse for bein' lazy)
Oops ;D But don't get your hopes up too high, most of these things are just ideas or reminders. But help is always appreciated and of course I'd be very thankful if you could do an EPOE Lite version for  me ^^

Sokar408

Quote from: Ykara on April 26, 2016, 07:25:42 AM
Actually this bug is very well known and can't be fixed, it's a problem of the vanilla game. What I have fixed is that every part can now be removed and that it spawns the item correctly. But unfortunately there's nothing I can do about BlackSmoke's described problem :/

So effectively this means, that with 1 prosthetic, you can "repair" your colonists, by attaching the prosthetic, and then reattach the newly spawned limb? That seems a bit off :/

Adamiks

Quote from: Dugalle900 on April 24, 2016, 11:30:38 PM
Why do I have to research Rib replacements in order to install ribs but to instal bionic stuff I don't have to research anything?
To make it more challenging. Rib replacements are pretty cheap to make, and, although balanced with some downsides, pretty effective. And you don't need the research to install the ribs, just to craft them.

I literally went into (surgery)bionic recipes and removed research prerequisite, so sorry honey, Great Adam is right once again ;P

<RecipeDef ParentName="SurgeryBionic">
      <defName>InstallPainkillerRib</defName>
      <label>install painkiller rib</label>
      <description>Installs a painkiller rib.</description>
      <workerClass>Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart</workerClass>
      <jobString>Installing a painkiller rib.</jobString>
      <workAmount>2000</workAmount>
      <ingredients>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <categories>
                  <li>Medicine</li>
               </categories>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
         <li>
            <filter>
               <thingDefs>
                  <li>PainkillerRib</li>
               </thingDefs>
            </filter>
            <count>1</count>
         </li>
      </ingredients>
      <fixedIngredientFilter>
         <categories>
            <li>Medicine</li>
         </categories>
         <thingDefs>
            <li>PainkillerRib</li>
         </thingDefs>
      </fixedIngredientFilter>
      <appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
         <li>Rib1</li>
         <li>Rib2</li>
         <li>Rib3</li>
         <li>Rib4</li>
         <li>Rib5</li>
         <li>Rib6</li>
         <li>Rib7</li>
         <li>Rib8</li>
         <li>Rib9</li>
         <li>Rib10</li>
         <li>Rib11</li>
         <li>Rib12</li>
      </appliedOnFixedBodyParts>
      <addsHediff>PainkillerRib</addsHediff>
      <researchPrerequisite>RibReplacements</researchPrerequisite>
   </RecipeDef>

Quote from: Adamiks on April 25, 2016, 07:59:02 PM
Ykara, you forgot to remove todo.txt from a mod folder, it's so tempting to do some of those things and be like "Boom, baby, i did that, be thankful now, biaaatch!" :D

But nah, i'll be a gentleman and let you do that, so you'll be proud of yourself ^-^

(huehue, perfect excuse for bein' lazy)
Oops ;D But don't get your hopes up too high, most of these things are just ideas or reminders. But help is always appreciated and of course I'd be very thankful if you could do an EPOE Lite version for  me ^^

Oh man, i guess now i'll need to do that :C

Ok, i can help you, but i need something to work with, i dunno if you want to achieve your goal by making new benches (and remove current ones, for Lite version, of course), or you want to simply decrease number of benches and stick recipes from lets say two benches to only one bench.

If so, i think Upgrading Station and Bionic Workbench could be mixed into one bench, but said bench would be more costly than regular bionic bench (maybe as costly as upgrading station, if you wish), and recipes that are currently sticked to Upgrading Station would be available on Bionic/Upgrading Bench-Mix after a heavy research (to keep balance, i think one less workbench to build aka less resources wasted should be exchanged by longer research time to at least advanced bionics, but maybe regular bionics too).

I'll mix those two benches together, send you that and well, you'll tell me if you're satisfied with that or not. I'll edit this post later if i'll finish that before you'll read that, if i wont finish it before that, send me PM or something about more details.

If not then... I suck at making textures, so dont ask me about that, i wont help you!

EDIT

I just realized transfering recipes from 2 benches to 1 bench will result in a pretty long list of recipes... Ehm... Maybe remove hands/feet? Lite is lite after all... :D Or... Maybe transfer ribs to synthesizer?

EDIT 2

And i wonder what i could do with basic prostheses, on one hand, mixing them with simple prostheses doesnt sound that smart, people wont be able to install even something as basic as peg legs, but i cant decrease research time of simple prostheses because that would suck, too easy, and on the other hand, basic workbench is pretty useless when you're over the really-early game (besides installing peg legs to prisoners to cheat game, of course, but at that time, you would probably have simple workbench already). I dunno, i'll either mix simple workbench and basic workbench without changing research time or i think i'll transfer simplest recipe in the game and one of the most useful - peg leg - to a working spot, or however this thing is called, it's free to put, so your colonists could at least walk before you would research simple prostheses.

EDIT 3

Nevermind... I removed research prerequisite from a bench and added that to all simple prostheses recipes. So now you can build that from the beginning, but only craft basic prostheses till you'll research simple prostheses.

<categories>
        <li>ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver</li>
      </categories>

Haha :D

BlackSmokeDMax

Oh well, at least I have an answer, will just have to not cheat. Hopefully something that Tynan can address some day.

creeperciaran

Apologies if i'm interrupting anything, but is there anywhere i can find the stats of the items that are added in by the mod?

Adamiks

Quote from: creeperciaran on April 26, 2016, 10:35:11 AM
Apologies if i'm interrupting anything, but is there anywhere i can find the stats of the items that are added in by the mod?

You can check that in-game on prostheses you have (in the colony, i mean) or you can go to Rimworld game folder -> Mods -> EPOE -> Defs -> HediffDefs -> Well, it's getting more complicated here, just look through that, i'm sure you'll get how it works instantly. If not, just ask.

jackarbiter

In the game, go to the options menu, check the mark next to Development mode. (EDIT)Then MAKE A NEW COLONY.(/EDIT) In game, go to the dev menu with the little white icons at the top, click the 4th one over (first one that looks like a gear with a play button), under Autotests select "make colony (full)" - then you'll have every station and item laid out in rows on the ground. Probably the easiest way to see everything and check the stats.

(EDIT) As adamiks says below, be careful doing this, only try it on a totally new map not a current save.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Adamiks

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 11:34:02 AM

In the game, go to the options menu, check the mark next to Development mode. In game, go to the dev menu with the little white icons at the top, click the 4th one over (first one that looks like a gear with a play button), under Autotests select "make colony (full)" - then you'll have every station and item laid out in rows on the ground. Probably the easiest way to see everything and check the stats.

Oh yeah, i forgot that you can check item's description on benches. So if you have a bench, you can check what you can craft and if its worth it.

Also, everyone be careful about that 'make colony (full)', save the game before doing that or create a new colony for that. If you play on permadeath mode, be super careful, if game will autosave after you'll do that, it's pretty much over.

creeperciaran

Fallatus

So hey, I've got an idea.
What if you had a single prosthetic bench(basic) and then you craft additions (like the tool drawers and multi-analyzers) and once they are connected it unlocks new recipes from the bench.
[Simple] could be something like a tool desk/rack (+mini anvil?), [Bionics] could have micro-assembler/3D-printer.
There could be growth vats for [Organ growing] (which could also utilize the system by having a central [Nutrient feeder] that the growth vats connect to), And the advanced bionics could have a [Nano-Weaver/Assembler].
Great mod by the way, Can't play without.(Well i can, It just isn't as fun.)

Shabazza

I find the protheses too expensive with their horrendous plasteel requirements.
In many maps there is not a single ounce of plasteel to mine and the price at the merchants is way too high for the amounts needed for even "simple prostheses".
I don't know how other players do this. But on most maps I'm unable to build anything beyond "basic prostheses", which is pretty frustrating.

Therefor, I removed plasteel from all recipes and increased steel cost instead.
I love this mod for it's functionality, but when even simple prostheses are way too expensive, there is not much use to it.

Adamiks

Quote from: Shabazza on April 26, 2016, 02:41:31 PM
I find the protheses too expensive with their horrendous plasteel requirements.
In many maps there is not a single ounce of plasteel to mine and the price at the merchants is way too high for the amounts needed for even "simple prostheses".
I don't know how other players do this. But on most maps I'm unable to build anything beyond "basic prostheses", which is pretty frustrating.

Therefor, I removed plasteel from all recipes and increased steel cost instead.
I love this mod for it's functionality, but when even simple prostheses are way too expensive, there is not much use to it.

Keep in mind even simple prostheses are pretty expensive if you would like to buy the from traders, and simple prostheses are used to create bionic prostheses later, so to be honest, simple prostheses dont go to waste later, when you're in advanced era of bionic prostheses.

Quote from: Fallatus on April 26, 2016, 01:51:16 PM
So hey, I've got an idea.
What if you had a single prosthetic bench(basic) and then you craft additions (like the tool drawers and multi-analyzers) and once they are connected it unlocks new recipes from the bench.
[Simple] could be something like a tool desk/rack (+mini anvil?), [Bionics] could have micro-assembler/3D-printer.
There could be growth vats for [Organ growing] (which could also utilize the system by having a central [Nutrient feeder] that the growth vats connect to), And the advanced bionics could have a [Nano-Weaver/Assembler].
Great mod by the way, Can't play without.(Well i can, It just isn't as fun.)

That's actually a great idea, though, i dont know how hard coding this stuff will be, i never did that before (its a new thing, this whole tool cabin concept).