[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Quote from: Deagroth on August 08, 2016, 07:10:20 PMActually, I'm having this problem with vanilla bionic arms/legs as well.  I know they're installed on the shoulders/legs, but are they defined as having the hands/fingers and feet/toes attached to them?

When you say "with vanilla bionics" do you mean without having EPOE installed or with EPOE installed and the core bionics?  EPOE overrides all the core bionics.  I've been spending a little time going over EPOEs xml and found numerous errors and bad assumptions as well as unneeded overrides of core defs.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

kaptain_kavern

Now you understand why it was hard to manage EPOE compatibility for my others medical mods ^^

Matusiak

hi, for some reason i seem to have a problem with operations: i tried every surgery and all my colonists keep failing them no matter what. I use steam workshop version, any help?

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Matusiak on August 10, 2016, 01:34:29 AM
hi, for some reason i seem to have a problem with operations: i tried every surgery and all my colonists keep failing them no matter what. I use steam workshop version, any help?

Are you by chance trying to perform an operation with crappy or no medicine in the middle of a dirty environment with the patient on a sleeping pallet on the floor by a doctor with low medical skill?  Medicine, cleanliness, bed quality and doctors skill all factor into the chances of success.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

CJoker3221

I really like this mod but is there any plans about the prostheses tables? Like not taking power when they're not in use?

kaptain_kavern

If only Ykara could use Github or hang a bit with us on the modder's Slackware, I see a few ways we could improve all the code a bit.

I mean, it is a huge mod (I really can imagine how much time Ykara may have put in this and totally respect that too) and all mostly works and I'm sure it's one of the most used/DLed mod so no offence in me saying this. It's just that even the fact that we are in alpha make things change at each new release and give us more way to customize and use the game mechanics with mods, etc... And by changing how things are done code-wise, we could improve say : compatibility

Deagroth

Quote from: 1000101 on August 09, 2016, 07:58:52 PM
When you say "with vanilla bionics" do you mean without having EPOE installed or with EPOE installed and the core bionics?  EPOE overrides all the core bionics.  I've been spending a little time going over EPOEs xml and found numerous errors and bad assumptions as well as unneeded overrides of core defs.

I apologize for not being clear, by 'vanilla' bionics, I meant the core bionics with both the mod installed and uninstalled.  I previously tried advanced and core with it installed.  I just uninstalled the mod and tried again with the core bionics: still a no go.
Ignorance is a crime, punishable by enlightenment.

Matusiak

Quote from: 1000101 on August 10, 2016, 02:51:29 AM
Quote from: Matusiak on August 10, 2016, 01:34:29 AM

Are you by chance trying to perform an operation with crappy or no medicine in the middle of a dirty environment with the patient on a sleeping pallet on the floor by a doctor with low medical skill?  Medicine, cleanliness, bed quality and doctors skill all factor into the chances of success.
I'm in a dirty environment but the beds are ok and all the doctors have 10+ skill, but that's not the point: i've tried more than 20 times with different operations and none of them ever worked. I'm talking about installing dentures or hook hands, not brain implants; is it possible that there's some conflict with [T] ExpandedCrops or vegetable garden since i was using herbal medicine or aloe?
(update) Surgeries seem to fail only on a specific colonist, is it possible that my game is considering the surgery chance of the patient (in this case 4.6%)?

Matusiak

Ty for the replies here's an example

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Nanao-kun

Those are just basic beds, and that room is extremely dirty. Also, what medicine is the doctor using? Regular medicine works at 100% of the doctor's skill, glitter medicine works at 160%, and herbal at 75%. So if normal surgery chance is 100%, herbal would make it 75%. With dirty environments, that chance can drop even further.

kaptain_kavern

And it became even worse with modded low-potency one's. It's actually something I'm just starting to really understand. Same thinks seems to occur for DESurgeries user. After investigation, for me, it is not really a bug but how core game mechanics are. You will failed even simple surgeries with low potency medicines units without medical beds bonus and a really clean and well light room. A less than 15 Medicine skilled colonist is not sure to perform even simple things without proper conditions and potent medicine

Elysium

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 10, 2016, 05:58:12 PM
And it became even worse with modded low-potency one's. It's actually something I'm just starting to really understand. Same thinks seems to occur for DESurgeries user. After investigation, for me, it is not really a bug but how core game mechanics are. You will failed even simple surgeries with low potency medicines units without medical beds bonus and a really clean and well light room. A less than 15 Medicine skilled colonist is not sure to perform even simple things without proper conditions and potent medicine

With DESurgeries in particular I was failing a simple cure scar 9 times out of 10 with a level 20 doctor with 123% success chance ( thanks to infused ) using regular medicine.  Room was completely sterile using a excellent hospital bed.  I seriously think there is something wrong with the values in DESurgeries because curing a scar is considered SurgeryEasy which as the name indicates is the easiest of all surgery types available in the mod.

kaptain_kavern

Etherdreamer