[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

MoatBordered

Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 13, 2016, 09:00:05 PM
Tested, nope, Rib replacements donĀ“t allow you add ribs.

Wait a minute... sedate.. harvest arms/legs.. isn't that from the medical complication mod pack?

You should probably get help from there. If you have that modpack installed along with standalone EPOE, you're bound to get some weird stuff happening.

AleXandrYuZ

One of my colonist died for installing a "ear bandage"  :(

mazacik

Can confirm, the rib problem was totally caused by the medical complication mod. I'll just go and complain there, then. On a side note, are we going to see any of medical complication's features (namely harvest arms/legs, craft medicine) in EPOE?

MoatBordered

Hey boss.. what's up with that ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver stuff? I can't seem to figure out what it's for. Something to do with healing?

Studying is fun.  :o

kaptain_kavern

Looks like it's for link all items under one category. Put I've to admit that had puzzled me too when browsing the code

MoatBordered

Hmm.. is that it? I have this feeling that it's something more complicated.. or silly. It's tied to beer, medicine, components, and prosthesis.. but I can't find what links those things together.

Time to mess around.

Ykara

Quote from: AleXandrYuZ on August 13, 2016, 10:21:37 PM
One of my colonist died for installing a "ear bandage"  :(
Ok, now it's official, vanilla surgery chances are ridiculous. EPOE doesn't change the surgery success chances for basic prostheses, they have a 100% success rate. What skill level does your doctor have? Was the room dirty? Do you have medical beds? I think Rimworld takes this whole success chance thing a little bit too serious.

Quote from: mazacik on August 13, 2016, 11:03:09 PM
Can confirm, the rib problem was totally caused by the medical complication mod. I'll just go and complain there, then. On a side note, are we going to see any of medical complication's features (namely harvest arms/legs, craft medicine) in EPOE?
Good to know! EPOE had the option to harvest limbs until version 1.7. It just breaks the game and won't return in future updates. And about crafting medicine, I don't actually think that it's necessary. I actually think that herbal meds do a good enough job.

Quote from: MoatBordered on August 14, 2016, 03:06:57 AM
Hey boss.. what's up with that ProbablyTheWorstWorkaroundEver stuff? I can't seem to figure out what it's for. Something to do with healing?

Studying is fun.  :o
Didn't expect that so many people would take a look at the code! The explanation is actually pretty simple. Do you remember that bug from the previous versions, where the work left on an unfished prosthesis dropped to -1 and you could never finish it? I figured out it was because of the system the unfinished item uses. You can only make unfinished items with stuff, but items like beer (drugged rib), medicine (adrenaline rib), components (every bionic) and prostheses (advanced bionics) were no stuff. And that lead to that bug, so I made that workaround stuff category and put them all in it. And since nobody has complained about that bug since 1.6, I guess that fixed it. I hope that explained it :D

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Ykara on August 14, 2016, 08:52:37 AM
Didn't expect that so many people would take a look at the code! The explanation is actually pretty simple. Do you remember that bug from the previous versions, where the work left on an unfished prosthesis dropped to -1 and you could never finish it? I figured out it was because of the system the unfinished item uses. You can only make unfinished items with stuff, but items like beer (drugged rib), medicine (adrenaline rib), components (every bionic) and prostheses (advanced bionics) were no stuff. And that lead to that bug, so I made that workaround stuff category and put them all in it. And since nobody has complained about that bug since 1.6, I guess that fixed it. I hope that explained it :D

Can't it came from the fact you use abstract/parent classes without defining them at first?
Here UnfinishedBase is used but is not defined in your files/mod. (And I saw several cases in the code, not just for unfinished things

And it's in this bit (From Core):
  <ThingDef Name="UnfinishedBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>UnfinishedThing</thingClass>
    <category>Item</category>
    <label>unfinished thing</label>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Item/Unfinished/UnfinishedSculpture</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <altitudeLayer>Item</altitudeLayer>
    <useHitPoints>true</useHitPoints>
    <isUnfinishedThing>true</isUnfinishedThing>
    <canMakeOnMapGen>false</canMakeOnMapGen>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <tradeability>Never</tradeability>
    <drawerType>RealtimeOnly</drawerType>
    <!-- For CompForbiddable -->
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>50</MaxHitPoints>
    </statBases>
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Forbiddable"/>
    </comps>
    <alwaysHaulable>true</alwaysHaulable>
    <rotatable>false</rotatable>
    <pathCost>15</pathCost>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Unfinished</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Metallic</li>
      <li>Woody</li>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>
  </ThingDef>

Notice <isUnfinishedThing>true</isUnfinishedThing> and <thingCategories><li>Unfinished</li></thingCategories> that are here (in the parent Abstract class) can't be inherited to your Unfinished prostheses. Maybe your problems/bugs came from this ?

More precise infos here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

Anyway just my 2 cents, wasn't intended to be mean or telling you how you should do your thing. But I've never had the problem with my mods when using "Unfinished" game-mechanics (even with non stuff resources)

Keep up the good job ;)

chaotix14

It's either because of the stuff work around or because of the vanilla weapon crafting because that also uses components and seems to work just fine. Maybe Tynan did some more of his usual old code rewriting to keep the modders guessing what needs to be updated and how.

biship

mazacik

Quote from: Ykara on August 14, 2016, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: mazacik on August 13, 2016, 11:03:09 PM
Good to know! EPOE had the option to harvest limbs until version 1.7. It just breaks the game and won't return in future updates. And about crafting medicine, I don't actually think that it's necessary. I actually think that herbal meds do a good enough job.
Not even as an addon of some sort? I think it's pretty neat. A raider shot a leg off one of my animals? I'll just borrow his right arm and let him go. Or, when your main colonist has a leg missing and would really like an advanced bionic one, but I've got no (glitterworld) medicine and there was not a single prosthesis trader in the last three years. At that point, I just debug-spawned some in.

Edit: What about a device or a system that would increase the learning passion of a colonist? Or remove negative traits/add positive ones? Or, when a colonist has a skill disabled, it does something about it?
Edit2: Would it be possible to somehow revive 'dead' pawns? Sometimes a colonist dies after like two shots for no good reason, they get shot in their hand and a leg, not even destroying them, and just die. That's very lame, especially when playing on permadeath. This could be extremely expensive, and would give cryosleep caskets an actual use.

AleXandrYuZ

The Colonist that died for installing a "ear bandage" was on a medical bed with vitals monitor and sterile floor and was operated by a well skilled doctor...What.....the.... FU***************

Quote from: Ykara on August 13, 2016, 08:32:37 PM
Quote from: 1000101 on August 07, 2016, 04:14:52 AM
Can we get a "lite" version of this mod where you don't touch vanilla assets or add the "vancidium?"  I've used this mod in the past long before you started touching core items and added the new resource but I don't have time to maintain my own copy of this mod where I've stripped that stuff out.

Really, I don't know why any of that's in there to begin with.   :o

What exactly bothers you?

Basically as I stated, there's no need for vancidium as there is already a futuristic metal (Plasteel) so it's adding an unnecessary production chain.

The advanced components are ok but since they are only used by this mod they inclusion is dubious.

Why are you editing beer???  Or any other core resource?  It's completely unnecessary and only introduces potential for mod incompatibility.

Your "worst work around" is also unneeded.

When I removed all the above (with the exception of the advanced components) and made the changes required, there was no difference in how EPOE played.  The edits to the core thing defs didn't make a difference as well as moving the references to the new recipes from the human thing def to the recipes themselves (which you actually did in your latest update).

Finally, I also added all the required abstracts to the def classes which you didn't not include and can cause issues by not being present (missing/default field values).  See this post on the subject.

Anyway, my "lite" version plays quite nicely and please don't take these suggestions as complaints.  I really like your mod but those are some small issues which bother me.  :)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.