[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Flimflamshabam

My concern with "Hardcore" is that it's going to be even more obnoxiously difficult/dumb to apply the neolithic prosthetics, most of which are simple strapped on objects such as the eyepatch. I've gotten my game to be less dumb with pegleg surgeries but the other neolithic prosthetics still have absurdly great failure chances and consequences considering they shouldn't be doing anything surgically at all.

Seiryuu

Pichu0102

Quote from: Seiryuu on February 16, 2017, 08:43:04 PM
I CAN'T USE THE ADVANCED BIONIC STATION:

You're at the bill per table limit. Clear out some other bills to make room for another.

Seiryuu

No man. I just filled up all the bills just so MAYBE that would work. But, it doesn't work on any bill even though i have all the materials..
It says: "Cannot upgrade upgrading station. Need materials" or sth (look at the printscrn).

Pichu0102

If the material stacks are reserved by someone trying to haul or use them already, it can do that. Try drafting everyone so they stop what they're doing, make sure no animals are doing hauling jobs, then undraft one and try again. You may have to wait a second or two at normal speed before they give up their reservation on whatever material they were going for. Also, really make sure you have the necessary ingredients. For the upgrading station, it requires advanced components, which are blue and diagonally flipped looking components, not normal ones.

Seiryuu

Quote from: Pichu0102 on February 17, 2017, 06:27:36 PM
If the material stacks are reserved by someone trying to haul or use them already, it can do that. Try drafting everyone so they stop what they're doing, make sure no animals are doing hauling jobs, then undraft one and try again. You may have to wait a second or two at normal speed before they give up their reservation on whatever material they were going for. Also, really make sure you have the necessary ingredients. For the upgrading station, it requires advanced components, which are blue and diagonally flipped looking components, not normal ones.

THANK YOU! I HAVE PLAYED LIKE 50 HOURS RIMWORLD AND I JUST REALISED THERE ARE ADVANCED COMPONENTS.. I thought components' official name was "advanced components" and thought it was a bug..

Ykara

Update 1.91 - Translations and Minor Fixes
Good evening!
Have you noticed? EPOE celebrates its second birthday today! And as a little birthday present I decided to polish some bugs and correct some smaller stuff like the market values (that's more work than it seems, windows calculator isn't fun to use at all).
But the really important part of this update is the new translations. EPOE now supports 4 more languages, isn't that awesome? Thanks to the translators for your great work!
Oh, and I've added an artificial clavicle as requested, for the 3 people on earth who actually manage to shatter their poor colonist's clavicle.
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Added Chinese Translation! (HUGE thanks to duduluu!)
*  Added Polish Translation! (again, HUGE thanks to Dawidienko1!)
*  Added Portuguese (Brazilian) Translation! (once again, HUGE thanks to homerbra!)
*  Updated and completed the Russian Translation! (last, but not least, HUGE thanks to kors!)
*  Adjusted most of the market values (thanks for pointing that out!)
*  Added the artificial clavicle
*  The drugged rib now requires flake instead of beer
*  Clarified some research descriptions
*  Made Vancidium smeltable
*  Made some surrogate organs slightly more expensive to craft
*  Peg leg and wooden foot now require more wood
*  All items now have a mass
*  Some other minor fixes

Update 2.0 - Less is more!
But wait!
I'm not done yet! Because it's EPOE's special day, I've decided to release a preview version of the next big update, version 2.0!
Many of you have complained about the number of workbenches and the unnecessary new material, so I've finally decided to do something about that.
I've once again restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4. You now have the basic prosthetics workbench, the simple prosthetics workbench, the bionics workbench, and the tissue printer where you can craft all the organs. It makes more sense than the seperate upgrading station in my opinion.
I've also removed vancidium entirely and replaced it with uranium. Please tell me how you like this change!
The reason why I'm releasing two different versions is, because 2.0 often breaks your savegames, and I don't want do destroy your colonies. You can only download it from here, I don't think that I will upload it to the Steam Workshop.
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4
*  Removed Vancidium and replaced it with Uranium
*  Replaced advanced components with energized components
*  Adjusted countless market values

XeoNovaDan

Looking pretty good! Definitely going to test out v2.0 with the countless other mods I've got installed - 69 including sub-mods. A Dog Said's 'EPOE Patch' seems to mostly work, except when it's trying to reference the Surrogate Organ workbench as that's been changed, but that should be nothing more than a few changes. Will probably have to get the manual version of the EPOE Patch as I'm currently rocking the workshop one.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Ykara on February 19, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Update 1.91 - Translations and Minor Fixes
Good evening!
Have you noticed? EPOE celebrates its second birthday today! And as a little birthday present I decided to polish some bugs and correct some smaller stuff like the market values (that's more work than it seems, windows calculator isn't fun to use at all).
But the really important part of this update is the new translations. EPOE now supports 4 more languages, isn't that awesome? Thanks to the translators for your great work!
Oh, and I've added an artificial clavicle as requested, for the 3 people on earth who actually manage to shatter their poor colonist's clavicle.
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Added Chinese Translation! (HUGE thanks to duduluu!)
*  Added Polish Translation! (again, HUGE thanks to Dawidienko1!)
*  Added Portuguese (Brazilian) Translation! (once again, HUGE thanks to homerbra!)
*  Updated and completed the Russian Translation! (last, but not least, HUGE thanks to kors!)
*  Adjusted most of the market values (thanks for pointing that out!)
*  Added the artificial clavicle
*  The drugged rib now requires flake instead of beer
*  Clarified some research descriptions
*  Made Vancidium smeltable
*  Made some surrogate organs slightly more expensive to craft
*  Peg leg and wooden foot now require more wood
*  All items now have a mass
*  Some other minor fixes

Update 2.0 - Less is more!
But wait!
I'm not done yet! Because it's EPOE's special day, I've decided to release a preview version of the next big update, version 2.0!
Many of you have complained about the number of workbenches and the unnecessary new material, so I've finally decided to do something about that.
I've once again restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4. You now have the basic prosthetics workbench, the simple prosthetics workbench, the bionics workbench, and the tissue printer where you can craft all the organs. It makes more sense than the seperate upgrading station in my opinion.
I've also removed vancidium entirely and replaced it with uranium. Please tell me how you like this change!
The reason why I'm releasing two different versions is, because 2.0 often breaks your savegames, and I don't want do destroy your colonies. You can only download it from here, I don't think that I will upload it to the Steam Workshop.
Have fun!

Changes:
*  Restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4
*  Removed Vancidium and replaced it with Uranium
*  Replaced advanced components with energized components
*  Adjusted countless market values

will you be maintaining both bratches ? becuse the hardervertion is allredy kinda like your 2.0

faltonico

If somebody for some reason don't like vancidum, they would already be playing with the hard core version by Rah. Don't fix what it is not broken.

AngleWyrm

How do the changes compare to Hardcore LITE version? I've been playing a colony with that version, but haven't yet reached the tech levels to use EPOE features.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Ykara

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on February 19, 2017, 01:14:37 PM
will you be maintaining both bratches ? becuse the hardervertion is allredy kinda like your 2.0
No, I won't maintain them both. When the next alpha is released, 2.0 will be the only version available and updated. I just released 2.0 early because I wasn't happy with the workbenches at all and it was long overdue to fix that.

Quote from: faltonico on February 19, 2017, 02:46:41 PM
If somebody for some reason don't like vancidum, they would already be playing with the hard core version by Rah. Don't fix what it is not broken.
Quote from: AngleWyrm on February 19, 2017, 03:01:22 PM
How do the changes compare to Hardcore LITE version? I've been playing a colony with that version, but haven't yet reached the tech levels to use EPOE features.
I have just taken a look into the EPOE hardcore version and I can assure you, "vanilla" EPOE is still very different. It has more workbenches, more recipes, more parts etc. EPOE also uses energized components as a way to make later bionics more valueable and expensive while EPOE hardcore just raises the amount of the materials.
So if think that EPOE is too extensive and big and don't like things like surrogate organs or more complex production chains, EPOE hardcore is the right choice for you.
And for the vancidium, I do indeed think that it's broken. It is an unnecessary gimmick that only makes things more complicated without really adding anything of value. 

CathDubh

Will 2.0 break a save if you have yet to research or build anything to do with EPOE? As in a couple of days in? Or should I just accept it and take 1.91 or restart my game?

Ykara

Quote from: CathDubh on February 19, 2017, 05:24:27 PM
Will 2.0 break a save if you have yet to research or build anything to do with EPOE? As in a couple of days in? Or should I just accept it and take 1.91 or restart my game?
As far as I know it shouldn't be a problem in your case. The changes in 2.0 affect vancidium and the benches, and if you haven't researched or built them, your savegame should be totally fine. Just ignore the one or two red messages that will pop up when you first load your game with 2.0, they don't matter at all.

Madman666

Will you be upgrading 1.9 version to 2.0 on Steam Workshop when new Alpha hits or are you moving EPOE to forums entirely? While Workshop has its quirks, being able to always have latest version is kinda nice and beats scanning forums everyday for an update.