[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

agiber

@Ykara
I think this mod is "Classic" and that's why there is silence. "Everything works? So no need to say anything". I personally play Rimworld "with toys" (colonists) and ability to fix my toys is very important.
To the idea of scar fixing. We have vanilla solution for scars, so please make it more expensive then using luciferium for 5 years or so.
The other thing I want to say is please look at Mechanite Augmentation mod it is very interesting. IIRC there is eye which increases shooting accuracy, and that decease stuff is great too.

Anxarcule

@Ykara
I think I've thanked you a few months ago (a few days after discovering this incredible mod) but let me thank you again!  I play with 20 or so mods and I think that if I had only one to chose it would be yours - it is just so incredibly fun to be able to deck out my colonists in bionic gear!  I haven't played a new colony in a month or so but I'm glad you took vancidium out - it got WAY too tempting to call in exotic traders and kill them if they were carrying vancidium gear - I had one trader with a grand statue and a large statue....  I think after I snagged them I had something like 500 vancidium all together... I even built a few vancidium walls for fun.

Anyway, can't wait to see what you have in store for 2.0 - you may even force me to start up another colony :)  Keep up the good work!

katherineironfist

Hello! I love love love this mod!
But can someone PLEASE help me?  :'(

I CAN'T figure out for the life of me how to craft Cybernetic Kidneys/Hearts/Lungs, etc. at the tissue printer.

ALSO, what's the difference between a "Green" advanced bionic implant vs a "Blue" advanced bionic implant? It seems the blue one is much more powerful version but I have NO clue how to get craft the blue version!! Whenever I craft them they only come out as green. do I need a new workbench or something? I researched all that I can in the tech tree. PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance!!

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: katherineironfist on March 04, 2017, 01:06:06 AM

I CAN'T figure out for the life of me how to craft Cybernetic Kidneys/Hearts/Lungs, etc. at the tissue printer.

ALSO, what's the difference between a "Green" advanced bionic implant vs a "Blue" advanced bionic implant? It seems the blue one is much more powerful version but I have NO clue how to get craft the blue version!! Whenever I craft them they only come out as green. do I need a new workbench or something? I researched all that I can in the tech tree. PLEASE HELP

thanks in advance!!
Hi there
You cannot craft Cybernetic organs as they are a part of the Glittertech mod which you seem to have installed. There is no recipe for that, you can call in Exotic traders (they usually do have a couple of those in my games) or dissect a raiding Commando. EPOE only includes Surrogate and Synthetic organs which are craftable.
As for the green/blue prosthetics, I think these two mods are kind of conflicting, no matter the load order -- I'm using Glittertech aswell.
puu.sh/utwlt/920679c8c8.jpg - as you can see here, there are two variants of an Advanced bionic arm.
You can spawn both with 'try place thing' in the debug actions menu (Esc -> options -> enable Development mode -> the leftmost gear w/ triangle icon on your new sidebar at the top of your screen), and you can also slap them directly on your pawns with Add Hediff -> Verse.Hediff_AddedPart. Don't forget that they're attached to the shoulder, not just the arm.
If you do open the dev menu, you'll be able to see that the augmentations from the two mods are listed in two separate columns, even though they have the same names.
You can only craft the EPOE version of the augs, the GT counterparts (the stronger ones) are obtainable from traders (click on the info button in the barter menu to make sure that you're buying the right one. EPOE: +30%, GT: +100%) or harvestable from downed hostiles... or visitors from Orion Corp. Not sure about that one, I've only ever seen them with their Exoskeletons™.

Regar

What can i do with synthetic skin ?

i have build 2 but i dont have new operation options available.

jackkacperek

Hello! I have question: Is this possible to harvest healthy eyes from prisoners? I think it was possible on earlier version,but i can't find it now. (and by earlier version i mean A12,13,14...)

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: Regar on March 04, 2017, 05:21:45 AM

Synthetic skin used to be a sort of a graft tissue that you could apply to old scars. That operation is no longer available in game because the author deemed it unrealistic to use necrosis-ridden crap mixed with advanced textiles for scar treatment, which makes sense in my opinion. The item was kept for bug avoidance purposes and- uhhh, just sell it.

Quote from: jackkacperek on March 04, 2017, 07:55:46 AM
Hello! I have question: Is this possible to harvest healthy eyes from prisoners? I think it was possible on earlier version,but i can't find it now. (and by earlier version i mean A12,13,14...)

Yes, it is. Could you attach a screenshot of your prisoner's health tab? You should be able to find "Harvest left/right eye" in the 'Operations' sub-menu.

jackkacperek

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on March 04, 2017, 08:24:30 AM

Synthetic skin used to be a sort of a graft tissue that you could apply to old scars. That operation is no longer available in game because the author deemed it unrealistic to use necrosis-ridden crap mixed with advanced textiles for scar treatment, which makes sense in my opinion. The item was kept for bug avoidance purposes and- uhhh, just sell it.

Quote from: jackkacperek on March 04, 2017, 07:55:46 AM

Yes, it is. Could you attach a screenshot of your prisoner's health tab? You should be able to find "Harvest left/right eye" in the 'Operations' sub-menu.

Okay, i found the issue.By accident, i installed this EPOE (from Ykara) and Hardcore EPOE (from Rah). I uninstalled Rah version and now everything works fine!

Der Failer

About EPOE 2: First of all, i like the change from Vancidium to energized components and "new" workbench recipe structure makes a lot more sense IMHO. So well done. :)

However one thing about the energized components. Since crafting them takes a good bit, it would be a nice to change them to use the same Unfinished state as normal components. Or just shorten the crafting time. ;)

Also all upgrade recipe descriptions still mention Vancidium and Synthetic skin says something about human leather, but don't require any.

Ykara

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and the constructive feedback as well as your suggestions!

Quote from: Der Failer on March 04, 2017, 01:19:23 PM
About EPOE 2: First of all, i like the change from Vancidium to energized components and "new" workbench recipe structure makes a lot more sense IMHO. So well done. :)

However one thing about the energized components. Since crafting them takes a good bit, it would be a nice to change them to use the same Unfinished state as normal components. Or just shorten the crafting time. ;)

Also all upgrade recipe descriptions still mention Vancidium and Synthetic skin says something about human leather, but don't require any.
Thank you, energized components now use the unfinished item, I don't know why I have never noticed that! And the descriptions are already fixed, 2.0 isn't really polished yet, but it will be once A17 hits!

Oops, forget about Synthetic Skin, you are not even supposed to have the option to craft it, I readded it by accident to 1.91, it doesn't have any use right now. I'll silent-patch it out ^^

thanks in advance!!
Yep, that's EPOE and Glittertech "conflicting". Even though they don't cause any technical problems when activated together, I would still recommend Glittertech's No-Surgery-Version if you plan to use EPOE too, it is much less confusing ^^

Quote from: agiber on March 02, 2017, 03:50:05 AM
@Ykara
I think this mod is "Classic" and that's why there is silence. "Everything works? So no need to say anything". I personally play Rimworld "with toys" (colonists) and ability to fix my toys is very important.
To the idea of scar fixing. We have vanilla solution for scars, so please make it more expensive then using luciferium for 5 years or so.
The other thing I want to say is please look at Mechanite Augmentation mod it is very interesting. IIRC there is eye which increases shooting accuracy, and that decease stuff is great too.
This is indeed a balance problem, luciferium would be less appealing if there were cheaper and more risk-free alternatives. I will look into that and then decide if I should add it back in.

Quote from: Madman666 on February 28, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Told ya people were crazy about your mod, @Ykara))
::) ;D

Quote from: WhiteGoblin on February 28, 2017, 02:36:15 PM
Ykara, after reading your above post I wanted to login and thank you personally for your work. This mod is amazing and has greatly extended the lifetime of RimWorld for me. It really should just be part of the default game, it's that good. I love the changes in 2.0 to use Uranium, it makes sense & finally we have a reason to value it. I also love the little things you've thought about like the bionic jaws without voice boxes for abrasive characters, that's a ingenious addition. I posted a rather long tale of a world [link 1 (text), link 2 (video)] though the thing that got Reddit's attention and there for actually became semi-popular for a hot internet second was a screenshot from your mod. The late game expansion work you've done here is impressive & has really kept me playing this alpha far longer than I expected.

Your comments about not replacing colonists with robots is really interesting to me. The way my current world is going (100+ hours) I've been slowly trying to turn everybody (I keep 20 constant colonists per base) into cyborgs. Before I discovered your mod it was not that hard, I maxed out pretty instantly & recorded the video from above to show off a colony of terminators. Though bored out of my skull with the lack of late game content I discovered your mod and wow! Now I've spent an insanely long time crafting 240 replacement ribs & slowly converting everybody over into at this point Star Trek Borgs. As shown in that screenshot, I have one complete fully upgraded character as per your current version of the mod. Though I'm slowly working my way through to getting everybody that way. I really enjoy how long it takes, I know that sounds odd, but it's late game content, it would be boring if it wasn't a super grind for this type of enhancement. It's not that it needs to be painful to do, but you've got a decent balance established. Long tech trees, very expensive items, and benefits that make some people question the journey in the first place. That's what i'm talking about, that's what every late game content gamer in the world strives for. The insanity they had to go through for that little bit of gain that makes them better then everybody else. It's a drive mechanism in gaming development that I feel you're pretty close to dead on.

Lore wise, I'm calling in trading caravans every single time I can, moving thousand pile stacks of yayo & flake every transaction, and the problem I have is finding the synthread, hyperweave, & uranium. It's not that I don't have piles and piles of silver to pay for it with. It makes sense in my head that advanced glitterworld tech would totally be dispersed throughout the universe though not be something you can easily meddle with yourself or really always find avaiable. The multiple crafting tables, the inability to produce all the prerequisite items yourself, the long tech tree, it's all where it needs to be. Though personally, and I cannot speak for everybody else out there, but I'd love to see even more stuff added to the late game. I know your philosophy was not to create the Borg of RimWorld but I'd absolutely love to see some monster 100,000 silver, hell 250,000 silver enhancements. Just off the top of my head, being able to take one of those AI cores, put "a character" inside it, then put that AI core inside a full on new robotic body. It would give a second use to the AI cores in the game & would really expand on that late game content again. I added up all the silver it's going to take for the full 20 character borg run and it's like 2.5 million before I gave up nitpicking on how expensive each day is in the game while getting there. The point is, I don't see a problem with this at all or mind the time it's going to take. I love it. I guess what I'm really doing here is asking you to keep an open mind about how far you can push this mod's content. The players are out here, we're waiting to consume your creative output & we deeply appreciate the time you put into it.  :)

Thank you for everything!

'Goblin
Wow! Thank you for your extensive feedback! I'm glad you enjoy the mod that much! The screenshot is really cool, too, could I use it as a preview pic for the steam version? It just captures the whole idea of this mod so perfectly!
And about your suggestion, installing AI cores was always planned, but somehow I never implemented it (there actually is a recipe for it somewhere in the code, but it's commented out). I will add it for 2.0, although I'm not exactly sure how. Your idea of putting a character in it is very interesting, but hard to implement, I'll see what I can come up with!
2.0 will also introduce some new high tech parts, so you can look forward to that ^^

WhiteGoblin

Quote from: Ykara on March 04, 2017, 05:54:39 PM
Wow! Thank you for your extensive feedback! I'm glad you enjoy the mod that much! The screenshot is really cool, too, could I use it as a preview pic for the steam version? It just captures the whole idea of this mod so perfectly! And about your suggestion, installing AI cores was always planned, but somehow I never implemented it (there actually is a recipe for it somewhere in the code, but it's commented out). I will add it for 2.0, although I'm not exactly sure how. Your idea of putting a character in it is very interesting, but hard to implement, I'll see what I can come up with! 2.0 will also introduce some new high tech parts, so you can look forward to that ^^

Absolutely you can, I'd probably just cut off or black out the ArsRimWorld graphic I put at the bottom unless you're a member of that community too. I only put it there so people from Arstechnica would get a laugh out of it when they saw it on the subreddit. That would be a cool place to put your own logo as there's nothing really down there in the picture. You're more then welcome to do anything you want with that image, consider it yours. Also I cannot wait to see what you've got in store for us! I'm very excited! Thank you again for everything you do! :)

'Goblin

Edits: I should learn how to use English.

Madman666

Wow, even more news parts! This is just sooo awesome)) Now I just can't wait for full 2.0!)

WhiteGoblin

Getting closer and closer to finishing my Borg colony run. (now 22 strong) I'd guestimate I'm about 75% there on crafting every last part for the full conversion. While not yet complete, I managed to just catch this moment live & turned it into a gif for everybody to see the power! Ten Melee Cyborgs versus Fifty Man Tribal Raid (10v50) (reddit). What a moment, it's stuff like that which makes the hundreds of hours & 2.5+ million silver investment worth it.  ;D

katherineironfist

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on March 04, 2017, 02:22:17 AM

thanks in advance!!
Hi there
You cannot craft Cybernetic organs as they are a part of the Glittertech mod which you seem to have installed. There is no recipe for that, you can call in Exotic traders (they usually do have a couple of those in my games) or dissect a raiding Commando. EPOE only includes Surrogate and Synthetic organs which are craftable.
As for the green/blue prosthetics, I think these two mods are kind of conflicting, no matter the load order -- I'm using Glittertech aswell.
puu.sh/utwlt/920679c8c8.jpg - as you can see here, there are two variants of an Advanced bionic arm.
You can spawn both with 'try place thing' in the debug actions menu (Esc -> options -> enable Development mode -> the leftmost gear w/ triangle icon on your new sidebar at the top of your screen), and you can also slap them directly on your pawns with Add Hediff -> Verse.Hediff_AddedPart. Don't forget that they're attached to the shoulder, not just the arm.
If you do open the dev menu, you'll be able to see that the augmentations from the two mods are listed in two separate columns, even though they have the same names.
You can only craft the EPOE version of the augs, the GT counterparts (the stronger ones) are obtainable from traders (click on the info button in the barter menu to make sure that you're buying the right one. EPOE: +30%, GT: +100%) or harvestable from downed hostiles... or visitors from Orion Corp. Not sure about that one, I've only ever seen them with their Exoskeletons™.

Hi! thanks for the reply. I have figured it out. I feel so so silly. thanks for the help!

lukamandicdl

Hello, i love your mod, just wanna report something you missed in 2.0: you forgot to put in <researchPrerequisite>AdvancedBionics</researchPrerequisite> after lowering the workbench count to 4. Ty again for everything =)