[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Parsival

Why cant I smelt Vancidum weapons in the electric smelter to get vancidium?

DoomAngelBlade

Question.
WHY THE FUCK
I NEED
TO
OPERATE SOMEONE
TO INSTALL
AN

EYE PATCH!?

I start with TRIBE PEOPLE

AND GUESS WHAT
I CAN'T DO IT.
MY Medicine 10 DOCTOR FAILED 2 times at installing it!

Edit:
Fuck this.
https://i.redditmedia.com/Z1HYVP627yj0YbDjJXxRIbtnGLK-QK3LQH2r4IwCVH0.png?w=1024&s=ff537e592950f4dd892357240500c699

Minor fail occured.

Madman666

Ahahah, and thats Rimworld for you - no eyepatches without using a scalpel)) But beheading a person, while trying to strap an eyepatch on? Just wow)) I agree that this shouldn't be an operation at all yeah) But otherwise after updating to A16 - you actually aren't supposed to operate on anyone without glitterwolrd medicine. Like at ALL. Otherwise it'll become an execution instead of operation.

That just cracked me up so much)) God, this game is hilarious.

Jdalt40

Without it being an operation, your colonist would still count as "disfigured" so they will still get a social debuff

Marsmen

Is it only me or u too need 20 golds not only 1 how is it writen in electric smelter ?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Marsmen on March 29, 2017, 11:22:26 AM
Is it only me or u too need 20 golds not only 1 how is it writen in electric smelter ?

In pretty much all bill details you should see a note about small items needing 20x the amount. Think small items are: silver, gold, and jade. Not sure, but may be forgetting some as well.

Marsmen

Thanks i know about that 20x multiplier for (rare) material i just didnt knew if it was in this mode too because needing soo much gold was like : Well how am i suposed to have always something in storage.
But still thanks for better explaniton.

DoomAngelBlade

TO mod creator: Make all really SIMPLE operations to be 100% success
Like the eye patch gives +500% surgery operation chance when operated with or something like that.

Madman666

Quote from: DoomAngelBlade on March 29, 2017, 03:54:25 PM
Like the eye patch gives +500% surgery operation chance when operated with or something like that.

It will lead to harvesting abuse, with people replacing prisoner's eyes with patches, getting organs without penalties to mood and a chance to fail.

Maveric

Quote from: Madman666 on March 29, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

It will lead to harvesting abuse, with people replacing prisoner's eyes with patches, getting organs without penalties to mood and a chance to fail.

Seemingly simple fix would be a conditional to check if the eye exists and/or don't have the eye automatically be removed for the eyepatch; ditto with the peg leg, etc; if you've already removed the leg it shouldn't (in theory) be a huge deal to strap on a peg leg. I would ratchet that *way* down for things like bionics since you'd probably need to do some interfacing between nerve endings and bionic circuitry.

Whether or not this is actually feasible in a mod, I have no clue.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Apologies if this has been brought up before, I can't figure out how to search the thread.

The uranium cost to energized components is absurd. It ends up taking 180 Uranium (A reactor is just 150!) to make a single advanced bionic eye. Given that I'm on the 2.0 release I'm wondering if that was even intentional though? that x20 multiplier is being applied by the component bench.

East

Man_Jones

Ok so I read up that you can't harvest limbs anymore in this mod and I understand the reasons. However I am wondering why can you even buy natural limbs if you cannot use them on people?
Oh and what is the use of the synthetic skin as the only thing I can find a use for it is as a trade good?

Dylbot

Hey, I love your mod. It's extremely helpful and makes the game more fun, especially late game when you can make some badass super soldiers :D
But I'm writing this because I'd like to report a possible bug when I installed the mod.
So I had a save going already before using the mod, some of my colonists had bionic body parts etc.
After I installed the mod everything seemed fine, but I noticed two of my characters would refuse to fight, no matter what, not even melee.
And I noticed that both these colonists had one Bionic Leg and one Simple Prosthetic Arm each. (This also caused the game to occasionally crash)
So after noticing that I decided to remove both body parts and then put them both back on, and that fixed the characters, they could both fight after that and no more crashes.
I had another character that had a Simple Prosthetic Arm and no Bionic legs and he could still fight normally.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this has already been reported but I just thought I'd let you know anyways.
(I know when adding game changing mods it's better to make a new save to stop problems like this but yeah :p)
Thanks for the great mod though, and keep up the good work! :)

Modo44

Quote from: Madman666 on March 29, 2017, 04:26:55 PM

Because the system is missing an additional stage. Replacing an organ should be two separate operations: Taking the previous one out, then installing the new one. Both with separate med costs, and success calculations. That way yeah, adding an eye patch is a guaranteed success, but taking the eye out is a separate matter entirely.