[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

cuproPanda

On the topic of the research tab, you can also create tabs now using the ResearchTabDef, found under ResearchProjectDefs in the core files. Much easier than trying to fit a bunch of projects into the main tab while avoiding other mod's researches :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

kaptain_kavern

Like this :

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ykara

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2017, 03:13:37 PM
On the topic of the research tab, you can also create tabs now using the ResearchTabDef, found under ResearchProjectDefs in the core files. Much easier than trying to fit a bunch of projects into the main tab while avoiding other mod's researches :)

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 22, 2017, 03:50:55 PM
Like this :

-snip-

Thank you both so much, this really helps making the whole research part clearer, I'll definitely do that! Thanks again!

deathstar

Quote from: Ykara on May 22, 2017, 02:55:08 PM
My pleasure ;)
I actually do plan to update RMS, but especially the EPOE version is just extremely much work. And I have encountered problems with natural organs that I can't seem to fix. But we'll see, maybe it will come back!

Really glad to hear, take your time!

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Ykara on May 22, 2017, 04:45:25 PM
Thank you both so much, this really helps making the whole research part clearer, I'll definitely do that! Thanks again!
This combine with what FrozenSnowFox explained (quote) could make a nice separate research tree

Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on May 21, 2017, 04:52:29 AM
<researchViewX>0</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>

As always Ykara, THANK to YOU !!! first  ;)

I'm just glad I could help. Still no Github BTW ?  :P

Ykara

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 22, 2017, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: Ykara on May 22, 2017, 04:45:25 PM
This combine with what FrozenSnowFox explained (quote) could make a nice separate research tree

Quote from: FrozenSnowFox on May 21, 2017, 04:52:29 AM
<researchViewX>0</researchViewX>
<researchViewY>0</researchViewY>

As always Ykara, THANK to YOU !!! first  ;)

I'm just glad I could help. Still no Github BTW ?  :P
Thanks to all your help, I've just implemented your suggestions, the research screen now looks like this:

And I already have set up a translation github, which seems to work, but I'm generally not a big fan of it, I don't know why ^^ Maybe sometime :P

kaptain_kavern

Fregrant

I see, A16 version not updating anymore since the winter?
Do you plan to extend some features to animals? Like scar fixing? Bionic limbs? Or only through patch mods?
Maybe add some surgery to mend shattered bones like ribs and clavices? Or craftable ribs will serve that purpose?

Belial03

When i turned it on in an existing save my best doctor got something strange, he never got tired,never ate and all effects lasted for ever! i had to put him to sleep as after giving him a bionic part the effect of "anaesthetic" lasted for ever. He was a great doctor and a great husband. He should've been killed like a hero he was, not like this :'(

Ykara

Version 2.0 - A New Beginning!
It's finally here!
This has to be to most extensive update ever for EPOE, explaining all the changes would blast the length of this post. So I'll just summarize.

Basically EPOE 2.0 is what EPOE should always have been. It's streamlined and better organized, which makes it easier to understand. Instead of 5 kind of illogical and inconsequential workbenches there are now only 4. The basic prosthethics workbench and the simple prosthethics bench are still the same. But the bionics workbench is now also used to craft advanced bionic parts, which makes sense. And there's the new Tissue Printer that basically just crafts all the organs available.

I've also completely thrown out Vancidium, as it was always one of main criticism of many of you. So instead of making advanced components with Vancidium, you now make Energized Components with Uranium! I hope you like that change!

There are of course many new features in this update, namely:
  • You can now fix scars! Altough still slightly buggy it pretty much does what it should do!
  • I've added a whole range of new parts, Glitterworld Parts, that are high end and unique, but only available through traders. One of them for example is a tactical cornea implants for sharpshooters, so keep an eye open for prostheses traders!
  • There now is the option to put AI persona cores into your colonists' head! But beware, there are side effects!

There are also many tweaks and small changes, for example EPOE now has its own research tab, which is much better organized than before. Also the bodypart boxes now have different colors matching their tier (for example synthetic organs have purple boxes), I thought that would be a nice touch, thanks to Joedox for this amazing idea!

But that's still not everything, just read the changelog if you want to know all the changes!

Changes:
*  Restructured the workbenches and condensed them to 4
*  Added a whole new range of new and even more advanced implants: Glitterworld Parts!
*  Readded the option to mend scars!
*  Removed Vancidium and replaced it with Uranium
*  Replaced advanced components with energized components
*  Added the option to install AI persona cores
*  All items now have fitting colors
*  Added the light detector
*  Removed the option to harvest eyes
*  Prosthetics Research now has its own tab!
*  AI-Chip and Brain Stimulator are now implants
*  Reworked the golden eye
*  Energized components now have an unfinished item
*  Adjusted absolutely all market values
*  Finally renamed the artificial heart to synthetic heart
*  Some miscellaneous description or recipe fixes

Have fun!

Actarion

i think i use EPOE since A12 :x

im glad to see it already up to date =) thanks again :)

gonna test now the "2.0"
The main problem whit vancidium imo was the fact that no other mod used it :x
But i think uranium in recipe is a good idea, this ore use is somewhat really low, glad to see more use of it =)

(sorry for grammar and spelling mistake)

Joedox

Hello,

I have a bug, the search tree does not work for me :(

@ +

Ykara

Thanks for your comments!

Quote from: Joedox on May 25, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
Hello,

Oops, my bad, the link I provided didn't have all the changes, I have fixed it, just re-download the mod and it should work fine!

Joedox

Quote from: Ykara on May 25, 2017, 02:30:02 AM
Thanks for your comments!

Quote from: Joedox on May 25, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
Hello,

Oops, my bad, the link I provided didn't have all the changes, I have fixed it, just re-download the mod and it should work fine!

It works. Thank you !!!