[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

JustALittleCrazyTalk

The hidden downside+irreversible nature of Persona cores is kindof a shit move. I've effectively lost a colonist to this prank. It's be funnier if I could install a regular AI chip to reverse it, or maybe just document it in the part description after its installed so people who apply some caution can tell what happened (I did put it in a surplus prisoner first to see what it did) as it is I'll just have to edit the mod to make the random mental breaks stop (since I can't tell from the XML how to make it replaceable).

Also it doesn't seem to be possible to make Scyther blades, but they're a required item for power claws.

Pichu0102

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on June 18, 2017, 08:23:37 PM
The hidden downside+irreversible nature of Persona cores is kindof a shit move. I've effectively lost a colonist to this prank. It's be funnier if I could install a regular AI chip to reverse it, or maybe just document it in the part description after its installed so people who apply some caution can tell what happened (I did put it in a surplus prisoner first to see what it did) as it is I'll just have to edit the mod to make the random mental breaks stop (since I can't tell from the XML how to make it replaceable).

Also it doesn't seem to be possible to make Scyther blades, but they're a required item for power claws.
You can undo this by using dev mode, restore body part, brain on the colonist in question. Not the best solution but it works.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

What I'd like to do is set it to add to mental break threshold for a saner tradeoff, but I can't figure out how to do that in XML alone (I think maybe the HeDiffDef class doesn't have a function for that?). Dev mode is a good solution for ignoring the feature entirely though.

agiber

@Ykara - Is this a bug? I mean if you have synth stomach installed then on health tab eating should be enhanced and +20%. Check attached picture, pls.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Jan2607

I gave two of my colonists who had a brain injury an AI persona core. Now they have a mental break every few minutes...
Sometimes they go berserk and I have to shoot them (luckily, I use Combat Extended, so I can load my shotguns with non-lethal beanbag ammo. But not everyone has this benefit).
I understand, that there should be a downside of this brain surgery, but the breakdown is too frequent in my opinion. One of these two colonists had a mental break just one day ago. Just a few ingame hours after she was okay again, she broke down again.

Maybe the berserk breakdown should be removed. Psychotic wandering is okay, but if your colonists attacks his own mates, they have to defend. And sooner or later he eventually gets killed...

And btw, it would be nice, if there is a warning anywhere, that these breakdowns can happen ;) I wouldn't have done it, if I knew it...

rambo

AllenWL

Is there a neolithic-style treatment for a missing nose?
Half my tribe is noseless, but I can't find anything to replace a nose.

neltnerb

Part Idea:

Atomic Stomach - Colonist no longer requires food at all. Makes sleeping period longer for them to recharge their batteries.

Ability to install prosthetic limbs on your pets =)

1wsx10

you cant install a steel arm if your colonist is missing a shoulder.

this post:
Oct 22

Refactored and cleaned up stat categorization and display.
    Bionic arm replaces arm from the shoulder on down, so can heal/replace shot-off shoulders.
    Skill degradation is slower.
    LL cleanup.

shows that the bionic arm replaces from the shoulder down as vanilla behavior. so i think these prosthesis should too.

while i say this, i haven't tested the other arms so you may have just left it out for the most basic version. in which case, please put a steel shoulder XD

rambo

Quote from: neltnerb on June 24, 2017, 04:13:12 AM
Part Idea:

Atomic Stomach - Colonist no longer requires food at all. Makes sleeping period longer for them to recharge their batteries.

Ability to install prosthetic limbs on your pets =)
There is a mod called "a dog said" that can add bionics to animals

faltonico

Hi there!
First let me say thanks a lot for your efforts! I really appreciate them!.
You probably are aware by now, but for some reason Tynan made stomach a vital organ in A17, is there a way to reverse that back to the way it was before?
Thanks a lot in advance!

SLO_Baron

Hello @Ykara, all in all love the mod, just 1 thing. The Eating offset doesn't seem to work. Someone has already pointed this out for the synthetic stomach and I have encountered the same problem with the hydraulic jaw, it does offset the Talking but not the Eating.

Quote<HediffDef ParentName="addedPartSimple">
      <defName>HydraulicJaw</defName>
      <label>hydraulic jaw</label>
      <spawnThingOnRemoved>HydraulicJaw</spawnThingOnRemoved>
      <addedPartProps>
         <partEfficiency>1</partEfficiency>
      </addedPartProps>
      <stages>
      <li>
         <capMods>
            <li>
               <capacity>Eating</capacity>
               <offset>0.2</offset>
            </li>
            <li>
               <capacity>Talking</capacity>
               <offset>-0.2</offset>
            </li>
         </capMods>
      </li>   
      </stages>
   </HediffDef>

Edit: I don't know why it won't show the pictures, I'm new to the forum, so it might be a problem with the formatting. Right click on the icon and open pictures in new tab.

rambo

cast22x

How do i got about actually adding a hand/foot on the leg/arm prosthetics?
When i install one of these parts my pawns cant use boots or gloves from that medieval mod nor other mods that use the hand or foot tag

Canute

With all these synthetic organs, bionic parts and brain implant why not a full body upgrade at once.
You can create a cyborg body with all adv. bionics/synth. organs at once. Need a bit less resources then when you create all one by one, but still need alot and alot more work.

And then just 1 operation to transfer the brain to the new body. But that is something i think you can't do easyly.

Maybe an assembler to create the full body, i think the mass of resources a crafter need to get to the table may to much. An assembler like for the MAI at the Misc. Mod.