[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Frug

Quote from: rambo on June 27, 2017, 12:19:32 PM
Is it possible to fix frail?

I think frail is fixable by installing a bionic spine, but I'm not sure.

Frug

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on June 18, 2017, 08:23:37 PM
The hidden downside+irreversible nature of Persona cores is kindof a shit move. I've effectively lost a colonist to this prank. It's be funnier if I could install a regular AI chip to reverse it, or maybe just document it in the part description after its installed so people who apply some caution can tell what happened (I did put it in a surplus prisoner first to see what it did) as it is I'll just have to edit the mod to make the random mental breaks stop (since I can't tell from the XML how to make it replaceable).

Also it doesn't seem to be possible to make Scyther blades, but they're a required item for power claws.

The scyther blades are obtained from scythers I believe. You have to down them and add a bill to remove them in their health tab.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Frug on June 28, 2017, 06:52:06 AM
I think frail is fixable by installing a bionic spine, but I'm not sure.

Frail's in the torso, so the only fix is to give that person an exoskeleton suit.

Cuantus

Hey ykara, love this MOD, seen it on YouTube many a time, however, I seem to have some issues with it. I get an error corruption message from hugslib stating that the mods has an error regarding some of the limbs.

Any advise

Jedi0n

Quote from: Cuantus on June 28, 2017, 08:26:13 AM
Hey ykara, love this MOD, seen it on YouTube many a time, however, I seem to have some issues with it. I get an error corruption message from hugslib stating that the mods has an error regarding some of the limbs.

Any advise

You should load EPOE very last and HugsLib very first after core. Are you doing that?

Hammerskyne

The AI persona core downsides are hilarious the first time you do it, and really really annoying thereafter. I'd say keep them, but tie them to some long lasting syndrome you have to treat on the colonist it's installed in. Call it integration or subduing the AI (as I assume it's being used as a co-processor, and not a flat replacement for the brain)

I don't know how to do that myself, though, so instead I turned the AI chip into a proper buffing part, and made it take the persona core to craft. Reasoned it out as a stripped down and reprogrammed core to act as a co-processor and offer a variety of benefits.

A downside to this so far has been an odd interaction to the colonist I installed one in, however. She can't be downed and no surgery will be initiated on her. To the point that downing her with dev commands still has her body move around to try and work on jobs.

Terminater1b

Hey so i looked through the comments a while and i couldnt find anyone asking this question but like how much do ribs stack, do medical ribs stack, is it a waste to put one adrenaline rib on someone should i be installig whole racks and if i put a whole rack of adrenaline ribs and two advanced legs and spine will my character be sonic or is there an upper speed limit. Also thanks for your hardwork probably my favorite mod

leeadriancatfox

Uhhmmm~~~ I installed a bionic arm to my pawn and i don't get his human arm part, and when I attempt to install a natural arm i harvested from the prisoner... it seems there are no option for me to do so.

Canute

Yep, you can't havest limbs anymore when you install protestic/bionic.
You need to add the Harvest everything mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32996.msg336825#msg336825

svc_bot

Not sure if some one has already mentioned it, but bill descriptions of all bionic upgrades in the bionics workbench are all out of date (in the steam version at least), they all are mentioning vancidium.

leeadriancatfox

Quote from: Canute on July 06, 2017, 04:39:02 AM
Yep, you can't havest limbs anymore when you install protestic/bionic.
You need to add the Harvest everything mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32996.msg336825#msg336825

I have the "harvest everything mod" but it won't let me installed natural flesh arm, i harvested a lot of arms, and there is no way to put it back... now i feel sorry to my armless prisoners... i mean blood cattle.

Rulin

Found some missing german translations.
In the research screen, the following nodes have translation and are still in english:

"Basic prostethics (600)" german: Primitive Prosthesen (600)
Tooltip: Durch das Begreifen der Anatomie eines Beines und in Kombination mit der Fähigkeit simpler Holzbearbeitung, ist es dir ermöglicht Holzbeine und andere primitive Prosthesen herzustellen.

"Energized components (6000)" german: Energiegeladene Komponenten (6000)
Tooltip: Du kannst nun Komponenten an der Komponentenwerkbank aufladen, um damit komplexere Prosthesen mit Energie zu versorgen.

"Synthetic skin (4000)" german: Synthetische Haut (4000)
Tooltip: Erlaubt es dir Haut zu synthetisieren.

In addition to that I suggest to change the already existing translation for "Basic prosthetics" found in the storage-list and for the "Wooden basic prosthetics workbench" to
"Primitive Prosthesen"
and "[material] Werkbank für prim. Prosthesen"
The current translation: "Holz Arbeitstisch für grundlegene Prosthesen" is too long and cut off early and I also think "primitiv" is a better translation compared to "grundlegend" when it comes to the term (basic) prosthetics.

Thanks for all your work on the mod!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Rulin on July 11, 2017, 09:24:30 AM
Found some missing german translations.
In the research screen, the following nodes have translation and are still in english:

"Basic prostethics (600)" german: Primitive Prosthesen (600)
Tooltip: Durch das Begreifen der Anatomie eines Beines und in Kombination mit der Fähigkeit simpler Holzbearbeitung, ist es dir ermöglicht Holzbeine und andere primitive Prosthesen herzustellen.

"Energized components (6000)" german: Energiegeladene Komponenten (6000)
Tooltip: Du kannst nun Komponenten an der Komponentenwerkbank aufladen, um damit komplexere Prosthesen mit Energie zu versorgen.

"Synthetic skin (4000)" german: Synthetische Haut (4000)
Tooltip: Erlaubt es dir Haut zu synthetisieren.

In addition to that I suggest to change the already existing translation for "Basic prosthetics" found in the storage-list and for the "Wooden basic prosthetics workbench" to
"Primitive Prosthesen"
and "[material] Werkbank für prim. Prosthesen"
The current translation: "Holz Arbeitstisch für grundlegene Prosthesen" is too long and cut off early and I also think "primitiv" is a better translation compared to "grundlegend" when it comes to the term (basic) prosthetics.

Thanks for all your work on the mod!

As native speaker :

Nope .. primitive is quite fine as translation. Though it has the same meaning as primitive in english, it has also the contextual meaning of simplistic, or most basic prosthesis.
"grundlegend" translates better into grounded or ground laying. "His success was grounded in his good education. "

I could out a whole bunch of errors in the few lines above .. but I think I will just go over the translation files ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Der Failer

So fun fakt, how remembers whole WorktoMake vs. WorktoBuild thing?
'Cause it's still a thing in the latest version... :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Imgran

NVM, found the thing. 

Suggestion: If you're going to add a whole new feature like a brand new tab to the research screen that's just plain easy to visually miss, and especially if it's going to be the means whereby one unlocks most of the features of the mod, it might be nice to have that feature front and center of the Steam mod description.

Perhaps it's just my particular brand of stupidity, but I've been away from RimWorld for awhile, and came back to the game in the version 2.0 era with no clear idea a change had been made, I just assumed that the changes to the research menu broke the mod and I never successfully spotted that tab.  I never even knew that that particular menu was tabbable.

As I can attest, one screenshot in the images doesn't communicate anything to someone who isn't aware that they need to look for a feature in order to access the mod.  Pimp out that research tab in the Steam mod promo please, there's enough crappy mods out there that I'm confident I won't be the only one who sees a mod promising features I can't find in the game and aren't made clear in the Steam mod description and just assumes the mod is broken.

Also I know the rimworld modding community on the Ludeon forums predates the Steam workshop by a lot, but there is no excuse for treating the Steam workshop as a complete afterthought.  The 2.0 description you guys posted in this forum should be the description in the Steam page.  No excuse to be less thorough than that.  If that complete description had been in the Steam workshop page, I would have had my answer and never needed to come here.

If I lose out on good content because of a failure to read, that's one thing, that's my fault.  If I lose out on good content because of a failure to make it 100% clear to me how to access it, if I have to go digging several pages deep in thread in a forum I have no interest or need to visit just to find that information, that's NOT my fault.  All the information I need to begin to access every feature in the mod should be visible and available on the Steam workshop page.