[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

sirskips

So no matter the terrain or the bench it wont let me place even with god mode on!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Jaca666

Ink.

Just a quick question on something I've must of missed. I've got a bill for my doctors to harvest the ears of some of my prisoners, but they wont operate because they "need materials". What materials do I need? They're in hospital beds and I do have medicine.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Ink. on August 21, 2017, 06:40:25 PM
Just a quick question on something I've must of missed. I've got a bill for my doctors to harvest the ears of some of my prisoners, but they wont operate because they "need materials". What materials do I need? They're in hospital beds and I do have medicine.
needing materials?? i don't recall ever needing materials to harvest body parts from prisoners... did this mod got ninja updated lol???

tonsrd

go to prisnor tab and click healroot/herbal medicine they wont remove stuff/organs without them.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: tonsrd on August 22, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

go to prisnor tab and click healroot/herbal medicine they wont remove stuff/organs without them.

Lol i havent noticed my docs use meds before pulling out organs(duh it makes sense).. i dont pay attention much to the surgery since i got something else to micro for d time being.. i usually comeback to the harvested organs when it is night time and nearly all my pawns are asleep, then haul quick command on d organs for d haulers d next day lol

WereCat88

I've made a mistake.

Kelly was a very good colonist, but her brain got blasted by a schyther charge rifle, leaving her to 87% Conciousness (Could have been much worse), i had 3 AI Persona Cores laying in my storage and just unlocked Brain Surgery so i installed one in place of her brain... now she enters a daze almost every 2 days, any way i could reverse this? Maybe add brain replacement surgery? As it seems that the AI Persona Core replaces the Brain.

EDIT: It just came to mind that the first head transplant is going to happen this year (Will probably fail), so  maybe in the future (Rimworld future) it would be possible to do full body transplants?

EDIT 2: Kelly went berserk but was successfully contained but 3 colonists were injured in the fight, as a further containment method her bionic arms were removed. Not even fully recovered from the last fight and she went berserk again, be advised as she has a functioning jaw and legs.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Fallatus

I just came up with a idea. Introducing the newest in line of brain-saving medicine: Neuronites.

Initially, Neuronites seemingly does nothing. They give no perceivable effects, nor improve your colonists performance. So you ask: "What is even the point then?"
Neuronites are a type of glitter-world nanites, that when injected makes their way into the brain and arrange themselves into structures that run parallel to its neurons.
Each individual Neuronite keeps track of the position, and other relevant information about itself, and the other Neuronites. Creating a internal, semi-digital map of the brain's structure.
But the true power of the Neuronites doesn't begin to show itself until the brain is injured.
In an instant, the Neuronites start their diagnostic systems. Advanced nano-processors begin communicating with each other, assessing how much of the brain has become damaged or lost.
Once damage assessment is complete, the Neuronites begin reforming the brain's structure from the latest recorded, neural-layout. Slowly rebuilding the complex, maze-like structures of the brain.
The Neuronites will repair the damage over the course of several days, So long as it wasn't terminal. (The pawn will remain unconscious until they have recovered to about 80%, after which they will wake up.)
During this period, The pawn will occasionally require additional supplements of new Neuronites. They will also suffer from a increased metabolism and appetite. Rebuilding the brain is a lot of work.
If all goes well, your pawn should eventually be back on their feet and none the worse for wear. The most lasting damage being a few of the most recent memories being forgotten. A small price to pay.

One should always remember that Neuronites are a preventative medicine, and not a quick-fix to be used as a band-aid.
They can only restore the brain back to the same state it was in post-injection, so injecting them into someone that has already suffered brain damage will not repair the damage, only prevent further damage.
Thankfully, Neuronites have a long-lasting lifespan and will not need to be re-applied often to be effective, only once every half-year or so.

Though, rumors speak of distant glitterworlds using a modified version of Neuronites to monitor the health of every individual in its population with mandatory injections.
Other tall tales, involve such technology used in a grand ascendance, to transcend the limitations of mortal flesh into a singularity of information and thought.
These stories are certainly only rumors however, and nothing more.

Canute

Fallatus,
did you ever read the ingame description of Luciferium ?
It is pretty the same you descripe.

RetPaladinlol

Quote from: WereCat88 on August 25, 2017, 01:13:12 PM
I've made a mistake.

Kelly was a very good colonist, but her brain got blasted by a schyther charge rifle, leaving her to 87% Conciousness (Could have been much worse), i had 3 AI Persona Cores laying in my storage and just unlocked Brain Surgery so i installed one in place of her brain... now she enters a daze almost every 2 days, any way i could reverse this? Maybe add brain replacement surgery? As it seems that the AI Persona Core replaces the Brain.

EDIT: It just came to mind that the first head transplant is going to happen this year (Will probably fail), so  maybe in the future (Rimworld future) it would be possible to do full body transplants?

EDIT 2: Kelly went berserk but was successfully contained but 3 colonists were injured in the fight, as a further containment method her bionic arms were removed. Not even fully recovered from the last fight and she went berserk again, be advised as she has a functioning jaw and legs.

Lol that's pretty hilarious.

Fallatus

Quote from: Canute on August 25, 2017, 05:14:44 PM
Fallatus,
did you ever read the ingame description of Luciferium ?
It is pretty the same you describe.
I'd disagree on you with that one.
Unlike Luciferium, Neuronites do not improve the body's functioning in any way, They merely restore the brain's function. And even then, only if it happens to become damaged while under the drugs effect.

While certainly closely related, Luciferium is a much more active, and aggressive type of nanite technology, that functions by deeply weaving themselves into the health and functioning of a pawns body.
Neuronites on the other hand focuses singularly on the brain, is entirely passive, and causes no dependencies to the brain itself.
This provokes a lot less strain on the body, pretty much negating any potential for withdrawal in comparison.
In addition, While Luciferium heals any injury over time from the moment it is injected, Neuronites on the other hand needs to be applied before any damages occur to be effective, and can only repair and restore the functions of the brain itself.

As such, giving Neuronites to a pawn with Alzheimer's will not cure them of their Alzheimer's, nor the damage done. Unless they developed it after injection, while the Neuronites are still present in the brain.
Even then it would only repair the damage imparted, and not the condition itself. They would still have Alzheimer's, But the damage would be continuously repaired. Being effectively negated until their supply runs out.

NiliusJulius

How exactly do the brain stimulator and AI chip work? I have a pawn with permanent brain injury, only 2/10 left. He can't move at all, so I thought lets use a brain stimulator. And it did nothing. No change at all in any of his stats. So then I thought I would use an AI chip. Same thing, nothing happened. Then I thought I would try and use a brain stimulator on a healthy pawn, which should lower his stats. Again nothing changed.

Drusek

Modding related question: where can I mod the number of bionics on one body part? Like I can put more than one on torso (exoskeleton and something from other mod) but I cannot figure it out how to do it for something like brain.

neltnerb

Quote from: Fallatus on August 25, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
I just came up with a idea. Introducing the newest in line of brain-saving medicine: Neuronites.

It's been a while since I tried, but I'm pretty sure that the artificial skin will fully repair brain damage. But it won't work if you've already installed the AI Core.

Fallatus

Quote from: neltnerb on September 03, 2017, 04:07:44 AM
artificial skin
Quote from: neltnerb on September 03, 2017, 04:07:44 AM
repair brain damage.

That...
Sounds like a bug.
I mean, i don't have a Major in biology or anything, but i'm pretty sure the brain isn't made out of skin. Artificial or not.