[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Kraehe

I reloade this page every 5 Minutes. Can't wait for the update. :D

Snakieee

EligibleFoot

Quote from: Kraehe on November 19, 2017, 11:10:17 AM
I reloade this page every 5 Minutes. Can't wait for the update. :D

This pretty much sums up my experience on the whole mods forum for the past 24 hours.

Ykara

2.1 - Alpha 18 Update!

Heyo!
Nope, I'm still not dead - even though I can understand everyone who thought I was. But you know how it is, every time a new Alpha comes out, I crawl out of my hole and put some work into EPOE. There aren't many new features in this update, but I have fixed the broken AI persona core system with new mental states and I have added the option to remove brain stimulators. I haven't had enough time to test everything, so feedback is very much appreciated!
Enjoy, we'll see us again next year :P

Changes:
*  Updated EPOE to Alpha 18
*  Finally balanced the AI persona core
*  Added the option to remove brain stimulators
*  Fixed some descriptions that still mentioned vancidium (RIP)

XeoNovaDan

Just checked through the XML for EPOE 2.1 for the purpose of updating my rebalance, and you forgot to update advanced bionic hand's hediff from the old verb system to the new tool system.

Ykara

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 19, 2017, 05:59:34 PM
Just checked through the XML for EPOE 2.1 for the purpose of updating my rebalance, and you forgot to update advanced bionic hand's hediff from the old verb system to the new tool system.

Thanks for reporting, I've fixed it!

XeoNovaDan

No problem!

Also, you might want to adjust the medicine requirements for most surgeries; Beta 18 changed a lot of requirements for its vanilla parts. For instance, a bionic arm now needs 2 medicine to install rather than 1.

Also, basic prosthetic surgeries have a SurgerySuccessChanceFactor of 1.3, and bionic eyes are 0.8. There are several others too. Gotta keep consistent!

Edit: And most surgeries now have a minimum medicine skill requirement.

Ykara

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on November 19, 2017, 06:10:13 PM
No problem!

Also, you might want to adjust the medicine requirements for most surgeries; Beta 18 changed a lot of requirements for its vanilla parts. For instance, a bionic arm now needs 2 medicine to install rather than 1.

Also, basic prosthetic surgeries have a SurgerySuccessChanceFactor of 1.3, and bionic eyes are 0.8. There are several others too. Gotta keep consistent!

Edit: And most surgeries now have a minimum medicine skill requirement.

Ok, thanks for telling me, I'll take a look into these changes and adjust some values. Always appreciated!

Kraehe

Idea:

Maybe upgrade Bionics with Plutonium, so they can get some additional boni. But make the colonists sick over time, so that they need some anti radiation medizin? Or just reduce the immune system if they use such bionics?

XeoNovaDan

Oh yeah, one last question which I've only just remembered to ask: will this use the advanced components introduced with B18? I think that'd be a great opportunity to take advanced components beyond being an extremely niche resource, much like what's happening with chemfuel.

Pichu0102

Quote from: Canute on November 18, 2017, 04:07:35 AM
That is indeed odd.
Because i notice too that both legs got different enhance stats.
One enhance the body part eff. and the other increase the moving.

But i compared the movespeed of my pawn before and after the operation and my movespeed got slightly increased with the adv. bionic leg.
Does you pawn got some other equipment, food or drugs that change some stats maybe ?
Yeah, back when playing a17, I had mechanite forge which had seraphium, which improves blood pumping and filtration. Although I'm not sure why that would make normal bionic legs better than advanced ones.

JerBear

ok so how in the world do I get so much of the glittertech medicine needed for some of the recipes here?

MeowMixer

I had a few thoughts about dealing with the 'frail' condition in relation to your mod, as well as some other things.

New Uses for existing Pieces
- Exoskeleton - It compensates for the weakened nature due to age. Possible cure for 'Frailty'.

New Piece
- Bionic Musculature - A replacement for the muscles in the torso and neck.

Combo Bonuses
- Both Legs - Second leg replacement also replaces 'Hips'. Possible move bonus
- Both Arms - Replaces 'Clavicles'. Possible manipulation bonus.
- AI Persona Core, Spine, Musculature, Both Arms, Both Legs - 'Full Conversion' bonus. Immunity to 'Frail', removes penalties from 'AI Persona Core'.

Not sure how many of these ideas already exist or have been puttering around in your brain. But there was no way I was reading 120+ pages before posting them. If there's nothing new in this post, I hope to at least have brought it back into the forefront of your brainial area.

Signed:
- A person just trying to abandon as much of his humanity as possible.

keastes

I dont suppose there is an A16 link lying around somewhere?

scotty562

This is one of my favorite Rimworld mods. That said I am having great difficulty finding enough uranium to make the advanced bionics. The most efficient path I've found to get them is to save up enough money and buy them from the trader. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this has been my experience.