[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Canute

Most people find uranium under the surface with deep drills.

But you can use other mods like
Omni core drill
or
Resources plants
to get unlimted source of minerals.

scotty562

The deep drills are heavily rng based. For instance I had one deposit on my map which barely made anything. The near inability to trade for it either through the orbital traders, the visiting traders, or traveling to npc colonies is a bigger issue IMO. That or the uranium cost is simply to high.

Edit:
Well looking into it I have another question. The Recipe_Components.xml says MakeEnergizedComponent costs 3 uranium, but in game it costs 30 for me. Components is set to 1. I tried setting uranium to 2 and in game it went from 30 to 20. Not sure if this is an issue or as intended.

muffalomill

One of my dudes had a bad back, and I installed a new bionic spine, but he still has a bad back. I assume I need to do something different to heal the bad back with this mod - could anyone please point me in the right direction?

99victor

Any plans to go full mad scientist? You know like create your own living Frankenstein pawns?

Special Production Items
FrankenBench: To manufacture a torso and head.
Life Support: Life Support module to place next to medical bed (Like the vital monitor) to keep torso and head alive.

Manufacturing Process
Stage 1 = Manufacture a Torso w/Head at the "Frankenbench" (not sure what the ingredients list should be?)
Stage 2 = Torso w/head, no arms and legs moved to the medical bed that has life support (immobile, must be kept fed and must administer 2 glitter world medicine per day (every 12 hours) until legs are installed or the pawn dies.)
Stage 3 = Install prosthetic legs (mobile, cant do any work tasks and must be kept fed and must administer 1 medicine per day until arms are installed or the pawn dies.)
Stage 4 = Install prosthetic arms (fully functional pawn but must be administered 1 herbal medicine per day or health starts to deteriorate until death.)

asquirrel

Weird.  I can get spines and legs installed but I can't install ribs.  I can repair the ribs with DESurgeries mod.  I have one guy with a broken rib.  Doesn't matter if I try to install any of the replacement synthetic ribs (medical rib replacement) I bought from the traders. I can try installing on a pawn with no rib injuries but I still can't put the rib in. DEsurgeries is way before EPOE.  I put EPOE at the end of my mod load list.  No luck.  I can't install the thing on anyone.  All the other bionic parts I can install.  I've installed bionic legs (advanced and regular) and just installed a bionic jaw and spine.  What do I need to do to put the bionic ribs in?

Edit - I found that you need to research rib replacement before you can put in ribs.

Arex

CrimsonPhalanx

Is it just me, or are there 2 items called "Advanced Bionic Ear".
I'm just speculating, but from the stats I think one of them is supposed to be the cybernetic ear?

Kennedy Garcia

Hello, I'm new to this mod and I already got all of the researchs and all of the production things.
But I don't know how to fix scars. Can someone help me and answer this ?

GrimTrigger

What table crafts energized components? What is the pre-requisite research in the event the component table does.  I only see advanced components... did a search of the forums and not finding an answer to this question.  Thanks.

Canute

GrimTrigger,
i suggest to use HelpPal mod, this mod mosttimes can answer this kind of question ingame.

But the short answer is, the same table you craft componets, ComponentAssemblyBench.
Did you do the research for energized components ?

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Canute on January 04, 2018, 04:29:17 AM
GrimTrigger,
i suggest to use HelpPal mod, this mod mosttimes can answer this kind of question ingame.

But the short answer is, the same table you craft componets, ComponentAssemblyBench.
Did you do the research for energized components ?

I'll have to look into that mod, thanks!  That was it though, had not researched energized components yet.  The tech tree is a bit overwhelming even with researchpal

paul23

Is there a list that shows what everything does?

IE: I had a colonist with a partly destroyed brain, and added the brain stimulator.. - But that didn't really improve the brain above the 70% he already was.

Onyx

Quote from: paul23 on January 06, 2018, 11:57:33 AM

IE: I had a colonist with a partly destroyed brain, and added the brain stimulator.. - But that didn't really improve the brain above the 70% he already was.

Make sure you check the information screen of each individual item - from the description, looks like the brain stimulator doesn't do anything to boost consciousness above 65%.

V

Hi, I've been using EPOE for a while, and I'd like to mention a few of my thoughts on the mod.

One of the biggest things that's bothered me is the use of +<stat> on bionic parts where instead a change in efficiency % would lead to the same effect. It's not really a huge problem, but I find it to be a bit strange, since the base game uses changes in efficiency of body parts to buff/debuff colonists. With synthetic organs, I can see why changing the efficiency might lead to unintended buffs, such as the liver increasing metabolism rather than just the blood filtration you've added in. For these, 100% efficiency + buffs seems fine. I feel it would just increase the consistency of the game if for parts whose buffs would be achieved by increase in efficiency, that those parts do so via that method.

Another consideration I had was that the AI chip forces consciousness to 100% max, and stacks with the brain's level of consciousness. As such, a colonist will receive less of a penalty to consciousness than an unmodified one if their consciousness is debuffed (as they have "overflow" consciousness), but those with AI chips are also unable to have their consciousness buffed by drugs such as wake-up. Would it not be possible to instead simply give the AI chip 100% efficiency and replace the brain, or is the cap on consciousness intentional. I understand the brain stimulator being an implant and not replacing the brain, as turning colonists into vegetables with it isn't the intended effect.

V

Quote from: paul23 on January 06, 2018, 11:57:33 AM

I could probably draft you up a list of parts and their effects, including damage values for arm/hand upgrades.