[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Pirat90pl

I have my doubts. I really respect the work brought to this mod as a stand alone thing. But it seems to me to make game a lot easier. I know, I know... But listen to me:

Before, bionic ware rare af, costed a lot, and gave some bonus, thou never used them To replace a functional body part. It was too expensive. And now... Using an upgraded one... With all limbs and internal organs... Makes a perfect super soldier, with ease.

Time and material cost seems to me to be... Quite reachable and not truly believable.

Comparing it to "questionable ethics" mod, where growing organic stuff cost lots of time and processed organic material... And it is just a one to one replacement.

That made me think! How about a merge mod? I consider this:

A) a rudimentary bionic material, a bionic lattice that needs to be grown in a vat, and is required for all of bionic benches.

B) the other way around. On bionic bench you make a mechanical lattice, that you need to place in a vat to grow the bio material on it.

Both processes would require you to operate and maintain vats, that costs time, power, some work and organic material. So seems to me much more believable. Gonna make such a merge mod myself but i would love to get some acceptance from both creators so I could make it public.

Rodsoldier

Am i only able to install 1 of each type of rib per colonist? Installing a painkiller rib doesn't show up on the operations tab on my only colonist that already has one. 
It does show up on the op tab of all the unmodded colonists and the one with an adrenaline rib.

Nicky4

Quote from: Rodsoldier on February 19, 2019, 11:02:22 PM
Am i only able to install 1 of each type of rib per colonist? Installing a painkiller rib doesn't show up on the operations tab on my only colonist that already has one. 
It does show up on the op tab of all the unmodded colonists and the one with an adrenaline rib.

I came here to say the exact same thing :/

edit: It's from the last update:

2.24 - Goodbye individual ribs! (24.10.2018)
*  Removed individual ribs
*  Rib implants are now installed in the ribcage
*  Some fixes

duk3luk3

I got this mod to fix up my precious colonists better and it broke the fabrication bench and machining table in my existing saves.

On both of them the "Add bill" button doesn't work anymore and the items in the bills are very messed up on the fabrication bench. Right-clicking on the workshops to bring up the "prioritize" menu also doesn't work anymore (doesn't do anything).

Is this a known issue?

Other mods I'm using in the save:
- HugsLib
- Wall Light
- While You're Up
- Interaction Bubbles
- Simple sidearms
- Color coded mood bar
- Uninstall Rimworld

EDIT: I deconstructed the two workshops and built new ones. The new ones work. Looks like the game is not happy that the mod takes away the prosthetics bills from the workshops?

Canute

QuoteEDIT: I deconstructed the two workshops and built new ones. The new ones work. Looks like the game is not happy that the mod takes away the prosthetics bills from the workshops?
I think yes, i remember a similar issue with another mod.

Lazla

Any chance someone could revive this mod? or is there other mods that let you do all sorts of organ removlas from prisoners etc...

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: Lazla on April 13, 2019, 12:22:45 PM
Any chance someone could revive this mod? or is there other mods that let you do all sorts of organ removlas from prisoners etc...

If you are talking about the "Harvest Everything!" mod there's an updated version for 1.0 on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1500981707

Direct download if you want:
Mega or Mediafire

Lazla

Quote from: TheWrongColonist on April 13, 2019, 12:31:03 PM

If you are talking about the "Harvest Everything!" mod there's an updated version for 1.0 on steam.
Thanks, i remembered these were part of this mod.

Freeloader404

I haven't had the luxury to try out this mod on my main colony, due to the fact that most of my colonists (with bionic or arotech implants) have had some of their organs and body parts destroyed, and one of my colonists died because he didn't have a neck for some reason. I am very disappointed with this and I hope there is a way to fix this issue.

V

Ykara, the advanced bionics research description in the research tab still references vancidium, despite it being long-since retired. Just a little thing, but I figure you might want to update it for consistency.

Ykara

Update 2.3 - The comeback!

Hello! To the surprise of definitely some of you, I'm not dead in a ditch somewhere! On the contrary, I've been busy updating EPOE to Rimworld 1.1 and it's finally ready!
Yes, you've read that right - the grandmother of all prosthethics mods is back, and she's looking better than ever before!
2.3 is a big update, so I can't go into detail, but I'll explain the most important changes.

First of all, the benches are gone! I have removed all benches except the tissue printer because they just didn't fit the game anymore and just cluttered up the mod. They were fine when I introduced them many years ago, but the game has since then evolved, and benches like the fabrication bench and the crafting spot have made EPOE's benches redundant. I've kept the tissue printer because it's still unique enough to warrant its existence.
You can now find all the recipes at the crafting spot, the machining table, the fabrication spot and of course on the tissue printer.
The next big change regard the Archotech parts. I've seen that many of you weren't too happy with how EPOE handled Archotech parts. And I totally understand you. In 2.3 Archotech parts are fully integrated in EPOe. They are now the strongest parts of the game again (as it should be). And not only that - I've made the parts that were formally the Glitterworld parts into Archotech parts! You can now get these parts as quest rewards. On top of that, I've decided to give Archotech parts their own unique texture - to emphasize how unique they are.
The third addition has to do with the research tab. Since it always looked so empty I've decided to introduce some new research options. Many cool parts now have their own research project, to make the mod slightly more balanced.
One of the most requested fixes has been a proper market value balancing fix as well as better compatibility with other mods. I've done my best to make both these wishes come true! I've calculated the cost of every body part and adjusted the market values accordingly. No longer will your colony swim in gold because of exploiting the absurdly high prices of prostheses!
To improve compatibilty, I have done my best to tidy up under the hood. EPOE was a mess in some places and I have done my best to streamline the code!

2.3 - The Comeback (26.02.2020)
* Updated EPOE to version 1.1!
* Removed all extra benches except the tissue printer!
* Balanced all the market values of all artificial body parts!
* Former Glitterworld parts are now Archotech parts!
* Buffed the former Glitterworld parts (thanks to XeoNovaDan!)
* New texture for Archotech parts!
* Adjusted the efficiency of all body parts so that EPOE fits better into the vanilla game
* Archotech parts are now the strongest parts of the game again
* Increased the bionics budget of raiders so they are more likely to be augmented (thanks to XeoNovaDan!)
* Added the advanced power claw!
* Restructered the research tab
* Bionic spines and advanced bionic spines now requires extra research
* Power claws and Power arms now require extra research
* Exosekeleton suits now require extra research (thanks to XeoNovaDan!)
* Surrogate lungs no longer debuff moving
* The exoskeleton suit now makes transhumanists happy
* Removed the scyther blade from recipes
* EPOE prosthetics now use the vanilla categories
* Body part textures are now smaller
* Artificial body parts and organs no longer deteriorate
* Removed the textiles trader
* Fixed the brain stimulator, it's now no longer as good as the AI chip
* Crafting a bionic ear now correctly requires a cochlear implant
* Eye patches and golden eyes don't make your eyesight worse anymore
* Skill requirement for crafting dentures removed
* EPOE doesn't overwrite any vanilla bases anymore (thanks to trisscar05!)
* Improved compatibility with other mods
* Some miscellaneous description and under-the-hood fixes

Enjoy!

ryan bambi

Hello i really enjoy your mod EPOE 2.33 but i have a like 2 questions/maybe bug reports;
1. cannot install peg legs, there is no option to install a peg leg which leads me to believe that the simple prosthetic leg would be its replacement but it costs plasteel? its just annoying since i dont want to waste my plasteel on non combat pawns
2 artificial nose will not install, i tried twice to install a artificial nose on a pawn with a "destroyed" nose to no effect, i was not paying attention to see if there was a chance of failed surgery or not so
thanks for all the hard work on the mod and also im still relatively "new" to rimworld (been playing on an off for the past 3 years) so sorry if anything i aked was stupid lol

rw_casual_user

found 2 recipe errors:
- CreateSyntheticHeart: ingredients contains BionicHeart but fixedIngredientFilter contains SimpleProstheticHeart (both should contain SimpleProstheticHeart)
- CreateSyntheticStomach: both ingredients and fixedIngredientFilter contain BionicStomach, both should contain SurrogateStomach

DemoJones

Any chance you can do an alternate upload? My antivirus blocks the mediafire link.

Canute

You maybe should seek a different antivirus.
Alternativ try to use a download tool or read the link at my signature and get it from the steam workshop.