Instead of 3 mortars and 1 ammo type...

Started by kingtyris, February 19, 2015, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtyris

How about allowing three ammo types(Explosive, EMP, and incendiary) to be fired from one mortar? Honestly, I rarely build EMP mortars because they're such a specialty weapon, and I've never built an incendiary mortar. Having one mortar with 3 ammo types seems so much simpler.

Hayhorse

Personally I think that the Mortars are teleportation bombs with interchange-able war heads. My reasoning is that hostile Mortars will "Shift" through any roof that is-int a Mountain. Essentially all war heads either have a plasma cutter to get through roof's or a short range teleportation device. The interchange able war head is that the Mortar building is specialized to take the shell and activate different chemicals in the war heads that it manufactures. Therefore producing different war heads for the same shell.

HattoriHanzo

Quote from: Hayhorse on February 19, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
Personally I think that the Mortars are teleportation bombs with interchange-able war heads. My reasoning is that hostile Mortars will "Shift" through any roof that is-int a Mountain. Essentially all war heads either have a plasma cutter to get through roof's or a short range teleportation device. The interchange able war head is that the Mortar building is specialized to take the shell and activate different chemicals in the war heads that it manufactures. Therefore producing different war heads for the same shell.

What? cO

Quote from: kingtyris on February 19, 2015, 07:42:04 PM
How about allowing three ammo types(Explosive, EMP, and incendiary) to be fired from one mortar? Honestly, I rarely build EMP mortars because they're such a specialty weapon, and I've never built an incendiary mortar. Having one mortar with 3 ammo types seems so much simpler.

+1

Humort

By the way, Yes, three different mortar, on one type of ammunition is at least funny. I think the mortar is still that it put just the caliber came, and the filling of ammunition, can be any, and of course, the projectile must determine what they shoot, and not Vice versa....
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

MrSurvivor

For this I do know that there is a mod that adds those shells to the game, sadly I don't know the name but I know it's included in the epyk pack...https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9092.0

So maybe you can use that pack for alpha 8 now (sorry its not updated to alpha 9 yet...) until they add it but I really like the idea.

+1

Humort

Quote from: MrSurvivor on February 24, 2015, 10:15:49 AMза это я точно знаю, что есть мод, который добавляет эти снаряды в игре, к сожалению я не знаю имя, но я знаю, что это входит в epyk pack...https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9092.0 так что, возможно, вы можете использовать этот пакет для alpha 8 сейчас (жаль, что его не обновлена до alpha 9, но...), пока они не добавляют, но мне очень нравится идея. +1

The problem is not only to add different types of shells, but also that there are extra types of mortars, which are compensated by the variety of shells.
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

SuperCaffeineDude

This makes so much sense I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring it up before, would love to see this, though I there'd need to be some sort of setting on the motor/crew to inform the pawn what kind of round to fire.

Eleazar

OK, makes sense, but how would it be controlled?  I suppose the pawn could just pull from the nearest stack.  If you didn't want ammo X to be used, you would forbid it.

Humort

Quote from: Eleazar on February 24, 2015, 11:43:05 PMOK, makes sense, but how would it be controlled?  I suppose the pawn could just pull from the nearest stack.  If you didn't want ammo X to be used, you would forbid it.

Alternatively, you can replace the function, a busy place for mortars, charging certain type of munition. In this case, the colonists would have to carry only a certain initially kind of ammunition.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Eleazar on February 24, 2015, 11:43:05 PM
OK, makes sense, but how would it be controlled?  I suppose the pawn could just pull from the nearest stack.  If you didn't want ammo X to be used, you would forbid it.

Just add buttons to the mortar, i.e. when selecting it along with the "Set Forced Target" etc. buttons you have a choice of ammunition: Load HE shells, Load incendiary shells, Load EMP shells.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Eleazar

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 25, 2015, 06:19:31 AM

Just add buttons to the mortar, i.e. when selecting it along with the "Set Forced Target" etc. buttons you have a choice of ammunition: Load HE shells, Load incendiary shells, Load EMP shells.

Then what happens if you run out of the kind of ammo you selected?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Eleazar on February 25, 2015, 09:42:35 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 25, 2015, 06:19:31 AM

Then what happens if you run out of the kind of ammo you selected?

Same thing that happens when you run out of ammo now.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."