colonists won't take action

Started by savaze, February 19, 2015, 09:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savaze

I just downloaded alpha 9 (722 win) and my colonists won't take actions on their own. I have to manually click on them and then right click on each individual task. They started fine, but it's gotten worse and worse. They stand in place and their action states they're standing, but sputters to something else so quickly I can't make out the new action before it goes back to standing. If I'm not vigilant they'll starve to death, I've seen it several times. I've closed the game and restarted it and now anytime I try to load a game, whether a new or the one the problem started with, it can take upwards of ten minutes to load the game. Is this a bug or is this a problem on my end?

juanger

hi, do you have tasks assigned to them on the overview pane? i noticed that if i change those, it takes a few seconds before they realise they have new jobs

savaze

I do have tasks set for them in overview. I've tried both manual and priority and they still won't take actions unless I click on them and try assigning a task that way. It's to the point that after I manually assign a task (meaning I click on them and right click on the task) for them that they still won't move and are fixed in place doing a spazzy pop-lock move in place, sometimes with multiple colonists all standing in the same space.

skullywag

I would upload the world and save files so people and Tynan (hes not people) can reproduce the problem.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

savaze

I've tried to upload the files each time I've posted, but the ludeon server times out each time, but it's been like that since the beginning.
https://www.dropbox.com/l/OwDOQwKbes1GWXLFDO3lVt

Rock5

I don't know if this is relevant but I noticed, on the odd occasion, that colonists will get stuck if they decide to do a job that they can't reach, for instance because of a locked door. Then they just stand there. Of course normally they don't try to do jobs on the other side of locked doors but it has happened occasionally. Usually, in those cases, I have to adjust their job priories to get them to do the job I want.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Tynan

Looks like you've exposed a heretofore unknown bug! Thanks for posting the save.

The fix for you is: Don't put steel in hoppers! For now, just deconstruct your hoppers with steel in them.

I'll fix it for A10, thanks for revealing it.

Gonna move this to the Bugs forum where it belongs.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

savaze

Glad I could help Ty. I've noticed, since you mentioned it, that the colonists won't move the steel already in place if they're building hoppers, or if they build the hoppers before the NPD they'll move steel into the hoppers. It happened on a fresh game where I deleted everything rimworld related and started new with 724. I already had colonists that had locked up before I saw your comment.