[Mod][A10] Soulkata Mods: Mecha Tank update!!

Started by soulkata, February 19, 2015, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epyk

Wanted to stop by and see I'm enjoying these over sized pests in-game.

Pesky vermin!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Viceroy

We can never have too much variety in a game like this. Not being able to anticipate or prepare for every kind of fight or hardship you can encounter is what keeps it fun and interesting.

I must say I am impressed by not only the game, but also by how awesome the community is.
Dog goes moo!

Jcewazhere

Looks like fun so I'm going to try it anyway, but I have a quick question:
Can you butcher, cook, then eat the ants? It'd be a nifty new food source.

Novellum

Quote from: Jcewazhere on February 20, 2015, 08:01:23 PM
You can cook them, yes.
The workers give about ~50 meat, the warriors give 100, and the queen gives ~125. One thing to note is, if you leave a queen alive, she'll endlessly spawn worker ants that suicide into your turrets, thus giving you an infinite supply of meat.  ::)

soulkata

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 10:13:51 PM
Quote from: Jcewazhere on February 20, 2015, 08:01:23 PM
You can cook them, yes.
The workers give about ~50 meat, the warriors give 100, and the queen gives ~125. One thing to note is, if you leave a queen alive, she'll endlessly spawn worker ants that suicide into your turrets, thus giving you an infinite supply of meat.  ::)

Well, in my opinion, the ants should be considered a meat source, so I think this is a Bug... After the Ant Nurse Release, I will try to lower the ant meat rate, and try to make the ant meat unpleasant, even a litle toxic!

About the AntQueen farming, you have the problem of handling the AntQueen Alive... Beyond that
, the time intervals between each spawn keep growing up... So I dont think is it a spoil!

saddler123

Hey for some reason my game crashes when the ants attack me. any ideas?

soulkata

Quote from: saddler123 on February 22, 2015, 05:46:10 AM

Well, check if your game is updated...

Treason5240

Quote from: soulkata on February 22, 2015, 06:41:55 PM

Getting the same problem, myself, and I'm using the most up-to-date version.  I haven't had an attack by ants by themselves just yet, but they seem to spawn from Ancient Ship parts.  Whenever it's attacked and they spawn, it's a guaranteed crash.

Stripping other mods to see if the conflict is there.

saddler123

Quote from: soulkata on February 22, 2015, 06:41:55 PM

ofc it is updated...

soulkata

Quote from: Treason5240 on February 22, 2015, 11:50:15 PM
but they seem to spawn from Ancient Ship parts.  Whenever it's attacked and they spawn, it's a guaranteed crash.

Err, I am think this bug will need some advice of the Ludeon team to handle it! I made a bunch of ILSpying, and the enemies are humans, or mechanoids... And if is it mechanoid, they spawn on Ancient Ship! :(

Quote from: Treason5240 on February 22, 2015, 11:50:15 PM
Stripping other mods to see if the conflict is there.
Tonight I have tested a lot of with vanilla, but haven't find any crash on attack... And another test round with the common mods, but everyting seems to be Ok... Wich mod are you using guys?

Any debug popup appears? This happens with only the vanilla game? Try put the game on Developer mode, and use the enemy raid event to simulate the attack... :)

Salfallen

any way to require the ant queen to eat to to replenish nutrition and then need nutrition to spawn more ants? or something so the queen cant make babys for ever? or can u make them spit out cocoons that take time before they hatch? maybe using the cryosleep caskets or the healing caskets code as the cocoon and make the ants hurt badly so if there "growing" gets disturbed they insta hatch with less then full hp or when they get to full hp they hatch and attack?

soulkata

Quote from: Salfallen on February 26, 2015, 09:35:58 AM
any way to require the ant queen to eat to to replenish nutrition and then need nutrition to spawn more ants? or something so the queen cant make babys for ever? or can u make them spit out cocoons that take time before they hatch? maybe using the cryosleep caskets or the healing caskets code as the cocoon and make the ants hurt badly so if there "growing" gets disturbed they insta hatch with less then full hp or when they get to full hp they hatch and attack?

Well, it is possible, but this mod is almost in it's 'stable' version... I am planning some minor adjusments in Balance, and making the Ant Nurse heal a ranged healing attack, but after that, only bugfixes and upgrades to new Alpha versions... I am thinking in other creatures / special attacks... Like temporary invulnerability, teleport, charge, mind control and ants are the right creatures for that kind of sorcery! :)

deslona

I am also experiencing crashes with the Ants after I attack the ship part. Which is why I came to the forums actually because of the issue. There was a time that I attacked the ship part and it didn't crash (the queen ant didn't spawn). Related maybe?

Other mods I am using;
Alpha Muffalo 1.5.2
Central Heating Mod
Core (Well duh!)
ED-Core
ED-Embrasures
Medical Synthesis
ED-Laser Drill
ED-Omnigel
ED-Personal Shields
ED-Shields
ED-Vent
ED-Visible Radius
Edb Prepare Carefully
Practice Target 2.01
Vein Miner

Edit

What causes the crash is the game keeps trying to do...

Faction a mechanoid hive of def Mechanoid has no PawnGroupMakers that can generate for parms (points=168 )

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

...and it's stuck in a loop.

Edit2

I commented out the Queen bugs chance to spawn and then attacked the crashed module. Game didn't crash. :P

soulkata

Quote from: deslona on March 04, 2015, 05:13:23 AM
I am also experiencing crashes with the Ants after I attack the ship part. Which is why I came to the forums actually because of the issue. There was a time that I attacked the ship part and it didn't crash (the queen ant didn't spawn). Related maybe?
The only way to make 'custom non human' enemies, is making them mechanoid... Than, in ancient ship they will spawn among the mechanoids... This is a Alpha 9 limitation, I have talk with de ludeon team and they are aware of this... Maybe an Alpha 10 feature? :)

What causes the crash is the game keeps trying to do...

Faction a mechanoid hive of def Mechanoid has no PawnGroupMakers that can generate for parms (points=168 )

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

...and it's stuck in a loop.
Usually this error is because the mechanoids are powerfull enemies, and you are trying to spawn them in the begining of the game, they cost more than 168 points...

I will download the mod list you mentioned, run a game until a fair size and spawn a ancient ship manually, and sees whats hapens! :)

I commented out the Queen bugs chance to spawn and then attacked the crashed module. Game didn't crash. :P
Sorry for my bad english, but I dont understand what you mean... :( What exactly is the 'Queen bugs chance to spawn'? :)

deslona

Quote from: soulkata on March 04, 2015, 08:09:13 AM

Sorry for my bad english, but I dont understand what you mean... :( What exactly is the 'Queen bugs chance to spawn'? :)

I edited two files.
AlienAntsPawnKinds
- I commented out the
<PawnKindDef>
    <defName>AntQueen</defName>
etc... etc...

And edited in AlienAntsFactionDefs

<li>
            <selectionWeight>0</selectionWeight>
            <kinds>
              <li>AntQueen</li>