[MOD PACK] (Alpha 9) Epokalypse 1.02b [Hotfixes n' Tweaks!]

Started by Epyk, February 20, 2015, 03:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does Epokalypse feel balanced?

Yup! Just the right amount of challenge!
It has a few kinks! Translation: Mostly balanced (Please comment the issue)
I can't survive the Epokalypse! Translation: Unbalanced (Please comment the issue)
I haven't tried the Epokalypse.

hentiger

Your new alpha9 mod package is very very interesting and looks dangerous fun
Preapologize about my linguistic skills. I live in non-english speak world... My word choice and writing skills would be awful

Ember

just had my first run in with the horrors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuuo6yl4dvA&feature=youtu.be

the other critters were easy, the spitters took a bit of courage and i guess strategy to take out

Epyk

Quote from: hentiger on February 24, 2015, 07:24:47 PM
Your new alpha9 mod package is very very interesting and looks dangerous fun

It is dangerous and fun!  :D
Give it try!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Quote from: Ember on February 24, 2015, 08:35:57 PM

the other critters were easy, the spitters took a bit of courage and i guess strategy to take out

That looked like it hurt a lot!
Try Epokalypse!

Devilsgamer666

if i where to try for a survival challenge is disabling "darkness" allowable for a leader board placing

Ember

Quote from: Epyk on February 24, 2015, 09:46:22 PM
Quote from: Ember on February 24, 2015, 08:35:57 PM

That looked like it hurt a lot!

It did half the colonists in that fight got infections, i had nearly 50 med packs before the fight, now i only have 3
i realy hope i can buy more before i need more

Epyk

Quote from: Devilsgamer666 on February 24, 2015, 10:01:38 PM
if i where to try for a survival challenge is disabling "darkness" allowable for a leader board placing

No.
Try Epokalypse!

Ember

well im starting over apparently, interior of my base is around 300C farm burned down, stockpile of animal corpses gone, half my colonists died to the heat in the base no way I'm going to survive with with no food and such...

Dofolo

Quote from: Epyk on February 24, 2015, 03:29:56 PM
Quote from: Dofolo on February 24, 2015, 03:21:21 PM
Well, 1st game just ended in getting swarmed by 25+ euhm worms? Should've spaced out the turrets more.

Food is a hit or miss now, almost grown and then got the crops killed random event. At least I don't have to juggle 2 hunters around in the pitch dark now :)

Going for attempt #2

I try my best I keep Epokalypse challenging without it being downright terrible.
Any more feedback you can give will be much help!

It feels more playable now; I did add one mod: temperature control. Since a simple cooler cannot make a freezer room anymore ... so ya, balance huh. The horrors random event is kinda OP, but doable. This time they did not get near my turrets since I was prepared mwhahaha.

So so far my three colonist are getting along in game #2, they even have some raw potatoes to munch now. And yea, crop field did get nuked again for 80%, within the first harvest ... yay rng, but with only 3 to feed and it can be managed.

Ember

I also started a new game and like dofolo I also added a mod though this one lets me play on the ice sheet, not even winter yet and ive lost a toe to frostbite

Salfallen

is razor rain op right now or did i just get unlucky all 8 of my colonists just died in my first razor rain individual  meteors nailed each one inside my mountain base......

lughtaj

The horrors are kind of crazy. I got a particularly big horror swarm, and managed to kill everything but the spitters with my colonists and turrets. The spitters hung back, and then after a while came forward and killed all of my turrets, then kind of idled in my base for a while. I tried to kill them, but their spit was too strong, so I hid all of my colonists in my kitchen so I could release them to eat safely, and waited for the spitters to starve. I dunno what they eat, but I'm glad they couldn't find it, whatever it is.  :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e04uovzby8kqpw6/spitters.png?dl=0

skullywag

Quote from: Salfallen on February 25, 2015, 08:24:45 AM
is razor rain op right now or did i just get unlucky all 8 of my colonists just died in my first razor rain individual  meteors nailed each one inside my mountain base......

INSIDE your mountain base? shouldnt hit under roofs? did it?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nevodark

Quote from: skullywag on February 25, 2015, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: Salfallen on February 25, 2015, 08:24:45 AM

INSIDE your mountain base? shouldnt hit under roofs? did it?

Ive had the same thing happen. Its gone right through the roofs inside mountain bases with the "mountain roof" or w.e it is above it.

It also landed inside my freezer and super heated it to 170C lol RIP

The only other real REAL issue with the razor rain is 1 the HUGE ammount of fires it starts and 2 every fucking peice of steel is marked as haulable.

This means your colonists will run ALL OVER THE PLACE! literally across the map to pick up a single. as in x1 peice of steel.

The way the rain spreads it out is so vast you cant even mark it all as forbidden at once either. its pretty horrific and has killed my colony more times then anything else.

skullywag

you guys are using an old version of the mod, it has NO fire and does not hit through roofs, Epyk updated recently i think, so update your modpack and itll sort itself out.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?