[MOD PACK] (Alpha 9) Epokalypse 1.02b [Hotfixes n' Tweaks!]

Started by Epyk, February 20, 2015, 03:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does Epokalypse feel balanced?

Yup! Just the right amount of challenge!
It has a few kinks! Translation: Mostly balanced (Please comment the issue)
I can't survive the Epokalypse! Translation: Unbalanced (Please comment the issue)
I haven't tried the Epokalypse.

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 02:33:42 PM
Quote from: Epyk on February 20, 2015, 02:07:35 PM
That's odd. Visitors chance is set to 0.
I've made some changes and hopefully that solves the problem.
It may have been because I was playing on my vanilla A9 world, instead of a new world for modded content.  :-X

Ah well.  ::)
The changes made sure it will never happen ever!  :P
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

MrWashingToad

With the darkness mod, we really need a good way (other than the crazy build a lamp, then surround it by 4 walls to make it have a roof, then get rid of the walls) to have durable outdoor lighting. Motion sensing would be cool (w/ an extra cost for auto on/off), but even always on outdoor lighting that doesn't short in the rain/snow would be a huge bonus.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

TheSilencedScream

I'm not sure how I feel about no traders.
I don't like mods that allow you to make bionics (I feel they make the game too easy), and traders also help to keep dropped loot in check (I don't like spending days trying to burn/melt hundreds of pieces of unneeded gear).

Everything else, though, seems perfect. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Novellum

I keep getting the wounded survivor event, with nothing ever showing up.
Is that a result of the lack of friendly visitors?

Meteors have it out for me.

Epyk

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 20, 2015, 04:18:57 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about no traders.
I don't like mods that allow you to make bionics (I feel they make the game too easy), and traders also help to keep dropped loot in check (I don't like spending days trying to burn/melt hundreds of pieces of unneeded gear).

Everything else, though, seems perfect. :)

Although I don't want any friendly civilization encounters, I'm going to bring traders back.
Need to gain wealth and get rid of items somehow. Besides, the traders in Epokalypse have no morals. :P They'll sell to anyone for some a quick buck.

Quote from: Tasher on February 20, 2015, 04:03:34 PM
With the darkness mod, we really need a good way (other than the crazy build a lamp, then surround it by 4 walls to make it have a roof, then get rid of the walls) to have durable outdoor lighting. Motion sensing would be cool (w/ an extra cost for auto on/off), but even always on outdoor lighting that doesn't short in the rain/snow would be a huge bonus.

Been looking into this for awhile and got a couple solutions. Mostly waiting for updates.

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 04:39:52 PM
I keep getting the wounded survivor event, with nothing ever showing up.
Is that a result of the lack of friendly visitors?

Meteors have it out for me.

Because of alpha 9, wounded survivors are treated as a faction that needs to be rescued and because I have other factions disabled they go poof. That event will be removed entirely next update.

Those meteors sure are a pain huh?
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Question for users:

How is the Epokalypse challenge wise? Does it feel challenging, do you feel like your surviving? If not I got some changes to do. I encourage feedback!
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

The constant pirate threat is rough, but now that I'm down to 1 non-violent colonist and about 7 turrets, I seem to be moving very slowly. Can't ever capture new recruits, and the ones I do are usually 99 recruit difficulty. And cassandra seems to have went "Welllll you're hurting really bad, so no more raids until you get more colonists."

skullywag

Haha loving the squish pics!

Hey Epyk I decided to ramp up my dev time on my new other event mod, RazorRain has been released in the meteorites thread (renamed the thread), give it a go and by all means give feedback, im trying to add more events as I dont feel theres enough currently. Also this is for anyone, if you have ideas for "events from space" let me know in that thread especially if it compliments this modpack.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 05:44:25 PM
The constant pirate threat is rough, but now that I'm down to 1 non-violent colonist and about 7 turrets, I seem to be moving very slowly. Can't ever capture new recruits, and the ones I do are usually 99 recruit difficulty. And cassandra seems to have went "Welllll you're hurting really bad, so no more raids until you get more colonists."

Looks like I'll lower pirate raids as that not what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a medium-high rate of non-human faction raids.
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Quote from: Epyk on February 20, 2015, 05:51:46 PM

The ants also seem a tad weak, and the ant warriors provide seemingly too much meat, about 100 per ant. It basically turns into a buffet service at my front door.

Epyk

Quote from: skullywag on February 20, 2015, 05:49:31 PM
Haha loving the squish pics!

Hey Epyk I decided to ramp up my dev time on my new other event mod, RazorRain has been released in the meteorites thread (renamed the thread), give it a go and by all means give feedback, im trying to add more events as I dont feel theres enough currently. Also this is for anyone, if you have ideas for "events from space" let me know in that thread especially if it compliments this modpack.

Razorrain you say? Sounds apocalyptic!
I'll give and feedback and ideas that come up.
Thanks skullywag!
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 05:54:17 PM

The ants also seem a tad weak, and the ant warriors provide seemingly too much meat, about 100 per ant. It basically turns into a buffet service at my front door.
I'll have to give all meat drops a tweak. Things need to be scarce.
As for ants, I'll give some work. Also, how often do they raid? Are you getting attacks from zombies yet? How about mechanoids?
Try Epokalypse!

Novellum

Quote from: Epyk on February 20, 2015, 05:56:42 PM
Quote from: Novellum on February 20, 2015, 05:54:17 PM

I'll have to give all meat drops a tweak. Things need to be scarce.
As for ants, I'll give some work. Also, how often do they raid? Are you getting attacks from zombies yet? How about mechanoids?
Over the course of 102 days I've gotten: 7 pirates, 7 ants, 4 zombies(1 small, 2 medium, 1 large), and 0 mechs. The first zombie raid was about 30 days in and they seemed space decently apart considering half of the total raid population is just wandering the map, which is... pretty scary.

But I've only ever lost colonists to pirates so far. And that one meteor that literally landed on top of one.

Meteors pls http://gyazo.com/8e88646d8047ac082ee827f703e11f57

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Epyk

Try Epokalypse!