Trapping Raiders

Started by Stormkiko, November 12, 2013, 03:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormkiko

If you were to build along the edges of the map it would prevent the raiders from being able to leave the map when they flee. Could you use this to capture a lot of raiders when they flee and eventually just wander? Although I guess they would just burn down the walls when they landed..

Fidelis

I've tried that, and they just burn down the walls, so don't work, sadly.

chumpy83

I've used two parallel S-bend corridors with doors near the base to trap a few small groups. I wait until they start pounding on the door and then build an access door next to the bends. I draft someone and walk them out to the outside entrance to the bend then pause, build a wall to close the entrance and have the colonist prioritize building it.

I learned the hard way the ai needs that door to pound on else they attack the walls - bad when the raider has a grenade launcher! It also takes a bit of baby sitting of your colonists as some try to wander into the S-bend halls; just make sure the access door stays repaired. Eventually they stop pounding on the door and "retreat" (basically they just stand there).

At this point it's a waiting game as their loyalty falls. Eventually they'll either walk around in a daze (you can capture them), go berserk (stay hostile and still stand there), or occasionally just starve to death. Leave the lights on too as turning them off adds fear and keeps loyalty from falling. Dazed ones will fire on still hostile ones if trapped in the same hall. Anyway, try it out. I've "recruited" five new colonists this way. Now if I could figure out a way to make this work for larger raids...

Produno

Ah, now youve set new chalenges to be solved :).

I dont think anything should be able to be built quicker than it can be destroyed. I also dont think anything should be able to be repaired quicker than its being destroyed. That should sort it!