[A15/A16] [MODLIST] ItchyFlea's Small Mods

Started by ItchyFlea, February 20, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Made a new mod called No Raids Storyteller.
The name should be self-explanatory as to what the mod does.
I made it as a partial response to this mod request: [Mod Request] 'Farming Mod'
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Borst

Don't know if this was said before, but with MedTraining you can train your colonist to 20 medskill using just one corpse, it take a little more time as you need to control what they are doing, and that's how you do it:
You just need to manually restart training just before the corpse would expire, just pause and order colonist that is currently training to train again. The body will stay "fresh", and it will be used for 2nd training as if it would be completly new one, even though the training with this corpse was nearly finished. You only need to track how much progres you've made so the body wouldn't disappear, and you can repeat it until 20 medskill. (If colonist would learn at 1.5 speed, 1 corpse would give 3000 points, so you restart just before it)

Here is my proposition to fix it, you would just need to make corpses lose hitpoints as the training continues (also, previously damaged corpses would give you less skillpoints, which is quite logical, you can't learn anything about a kidney if there is no one :P ), so if the corpse have 50% hitpoints, it would give you half less skillpoints than with the 100% corpse.

Loki88

Any known incompatibilities with other mods for the fences? For some reason even though it says in the def that the fences shouldn't hold up a roof, every time I build them the game decides to roof over them... any ideas?

I'm asking about incompatibilities because I run a boat load of mods... MOD IT TILL IT BREAKS!!!... Ahem....

Cheers!

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Borst on September 21, 2015, 05:08:18 PM
-snip-
If someone wants to micromanage their colonists to get that colonist to 20 doctoring skill, I'm not going to stop them.
Besides, I can't actually think of a way to stop that, since I'm using the same system the game uses for cooking/stone cutting, except nothing is produced when they finish working on the corpse.

Quote from: Loki88 on September 22, 2015, 12:34:53 AM
-snip-
AFAIK it isn't a mod conflict. The game has roofed over fences in previous versions as well in certain circumstances and I don't know how to fix that. Not yet anyway. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Loki88

Okay. Thanks itchy, I thought I broke something having too much stuff loaded.

TLHeart

As long as you build the fence within the 6 tile radius of a wall that supports a roof, the roof will be extended over the fence section... Has more to do with the code for the roof, than the fence. The fence is not actually supporting the roof, the wall 6 cells away is. The roof code just sees the building tag and creates the roof extension from the wall.

Loki88

Quote from: TLHeart on September 23, 2015, 07:45:29 PM
As long as you build the fence within the 6 tile radius of a wall that supports a roof, the roof will be extended over the fence section... Has more to do with the code for the roof, than the fence. The fence is not actually supporting the roof, the wall 6 cells away is. The roof code just sees the building tag and creates the roof extension from the wall.

That makes a lot more sense now! thank you :)

TLHeart

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 22, 2015, 06:26:27 AM
Quote from: Borst on September 21, 2015, 05:08:18 PM
-snip-
If someone wants to micromanage their colonists to get that colonist to 20 doctoring skill, I'm not going to stop them.
Besides, I can't actually think of a way to stop that, since I'm using the same system the game uses for cooking/stone cutting, except nothing is produced when they finish working on the corpse.

Quote from: Loki88 on September 22, 2015, 12:34:53 AM
-snip-
AFAIK it isn't a mod conflict. The game has roofed over fences in previous versions as well in certain circumstances and I don't know how to fix that. Not yet anyway. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. :)

Trying to figure this problem out, it has to do with the roof code, and the variable within the fences that causes the roof to extend from the walls is the<passability>Impassable</passability> tag.  If a fence is built within the 6 cell radius of an existing roof, then the roof code extends the roof over the fence. Change the passability to anything else, no more roof, but then the fence does not work to keep animals in and out. Catch 22.

To test my theory, I changed sandbags to impassable, and the same thing happens with them.

Borst

Oh, i didn't know how it works from the technical side, i just thought that it is do-able. What about making it so colonist will gain XP-point when they finish the training rather than gaining XP over time when they are training? This should be much easier to do, as i'm sure that this kind of mechanics already exist in the game. I get that you don't really want to stop anyone from exploiting this kind of "feature" this mod provides us, but i feel like it's some sort of a bug which should be fixed, to "balance" things or sth like that :P

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Borst on September 27, 2015, 05:44:31 PM
-snip-
That's how it used to work until Tynan changed how the game awards XP to pawns as they do tasks.

TLHeart

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 20, 2015, 02:51:45 PM
No Raid Storyteller v1.0

Description:
This mod adds a new storyteller that should never send any raids at you. At least not for the first 27 years of gameplay anyway. :)
She's at the bottom of the list of storytellers, with the name Fiona Farming.
This mod was made as a partial response to this mod request: [Mod Request] 'Farming Mod'

Download:

Changelog:
V1.0:
  • Initial release

Thanks for this mod, have it loaded with the veg garden mod for some fun...

Have noticed that the initial one man raid, that Tynan made a change in alpha 12 to send earlier than before, will still happen. Not a game breaker, as it is very peaceful after that. 

Ekko

These little mods are awesome. And all together they aren't that little.
Big thank you and please keep it going! :)

Thorin

Quote from: TLHeart on October 01, 2015, 01:41:37 PM
Thanks for this mod, have it loaded with the veg garden mod for some fun...

Have noticed that the initial one man raid, that Tynan made a change in alpha 12 to send earlier than before, will still happen. Not a game breaker, as it is very peaceful after that.

I consider this as an extra potential member for the colony :D and yes it very peaceful, I like it a lot.

Although it's just bad planning on my side to be honest. Normally you would be swimming in riches (weapons, clothing) from the raids. It was November before I knew it and people started getting cold with a cold snap on top of it. Pawns needed rescue, suddenly dying on their beds because of hypothermia.

Grrr,. Parka's, I need to make them myself now (instead of getting them as loot) and I was already happy because everyone had good or better clothing. Oh well, no one will be allowed to be outside until then.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

grizzlymint_gpt

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, as I'm too lazy to read all 7 pages, but Fiona's hand in the picture is backwards.

Shinzy

Quote from: grizzlymint_gpt on October 09, 2015, 06:18:21 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, as I'm too lazy to read all 7 pages, but Fiona's hand in the picture is backwards.

Maybe she had her hand replaced by one of your typical rimworld doctors ;D

Itchy! I tried to fix the hand, it should be way less awkward than having two right hands =P
also made her stand out from the other phoebe more cause I was having much too much fun while I was at it
http://imgur.com/74sgE3P