[A15/A16] [MODLIST] ItchyFlea's Small Mods

Started by ItchyFlea, February 20, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThiIsMe007

Hello,

I am currently using several of your fine mods, among which "target practice". I also use others mods, among which Fluffy's fine "Work tab" mod.

Now the interesting part is that I noticed that whenever my colonists are supposed to "train ranged" (with a high priority in Fluffy's tab) and to avoid "train melee" (with an empty or low priority in Fluffy's tab), they do exactly the reverse, which is why I configured my priorities like so :

"Nog" is a ranged fighter, and my cursor in the screenshot was hovering over the first "Train" column.

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong ? For what it's worth, it's not a big issue to me, and I can keep using your mod. It's just not very intuitive.

Also, I noticed that my colonists never use seem to use single target practice, but enjoy the melee dummy and the shooting range with glee. Could this be a mod conflict ?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on August 20, 2016, 01:12:10 AM
-snip-
I've never used the work tab mod so when it came to making my mods compatible with it I just did what I thought was right based on a couple of comments on Steam and left it at that. This might be a bug in either my mod or the work tab mod. I'll take a look at it sometime in the future to see if this is a bug on my end.

The single target isn't set up to be used by colonists automatically. It's more of a decoration than anything else now. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ItchyFlea

All small mods updated to Alpha 15. Alpha 14 versions still available for those who are finishing off colonies in Alpha 14.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

timeandtherani

subarctic_guy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 28, 2016, 11:40:13 PM
All small mods updated to Alpha 15. Alpha 14 versions still available for those who are finishing off colonies in Alpha 14.

I don't see an A14 download for stonecutting tweak. Is the A13 download the same?

Topper

woodcrafting still needs an official 14 and a 15

ItchyFlea

Quote from: subarctic_guy on August 30, 2016, 12:07:35 AM
I don't see an A14 download for stonecutting tweak. Is the A13 download the same?
I forgot to change the previous version label from 13 to 14. It was updated to A15 though.

Quote from: Topper on August 30, 2016, 01:55:55 AM
woodcrafting still needs an official 14 and a 15
Eventually this will get updated. I don't have an ETA though I'm afraid.

subarctic_guy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on August 30, 2016, 05:56:24 AM

I forgot to change the previous version label from 13 to 14. It was updated to A15 though.

I'm looking for the A14 version. So should I use the one labeled A13 then?

ItchyFlea

14m1337

***offering a big box of catnip to the mighty kitten, in search of help***  ;)

regarding mod "misc training target practise"
are melee and ranged training related any jobs ? ranged is the hunting job, I guess. but what's the related job for melee training ?
the thing is: Jim, one of my cave diggers is a spare-time hunter, and as I'm marking animals for hunting not very often, I set hunting to "1" for him, and digging to "2". so if there's a marked animal around, he will usually go, hunt it, and then return to his digging job. since I use misc.training, he prioritizes on practicing his shooting skills. as I didn't know any other way to help myself out, I set the training bill to max. skill level 19 and waited for Jim to reach 20, hoping that he would then again focus on digging. but he won't do that - instead, he started using the melee dummy ...
of course, I could disable all the melee bills (seriously, who's using melee fight in rimworld ?), but that's surely not working as intended ...
got any ideas / help for me ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

ItchyFlea

Misc Training is not one of my mods. I cannot help you.

14m1337

damn. wrote "misc training" but meant "target practise" ... the one with that tiny modular shooting range.
that mistake happened, because I tried both mods in A14 and found out that "target practise" fits my needs better. sry.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

ItchyFlea

Both are based off the hunting job, so any hunters will train at both items.

Both are also set as potential joy activities and any colonist who decides to train as a joy activity will receive XP for the related skill. It's been quite a while since I last tested it but when I did test it both training as a joy activity gave roughly the same amount of XP as training via bill.