[A15/A16] [MODLIST] ItchyFlea's Small Mods

Started by ItchyFlea, February 20, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESKOR

But with the medical training the corpses disappear... is a cheat. The normal is after you train you must carry the corpses to crematory no?? Impossible put a option for this?? and a option for need a research??  Thanks and sorry for my english...

AstroChimp

When you eat at the modular tables, you still get the debuff "Ate without a table"? It was the only thing that held me back.
Cat beards should be a thing.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: ESKOR on September 04, 2016, 12:01:18 PM
But with the medical training the corpses disappear... is a cheat. The normal is after you train you must carry the corpses to crematory no?? Impossible put a option for this?? and a option for need a research??  Thanks and sorry for my english...
Not really, because if the corpse wasn't removed pawns would be able to use the same corpse for more research. I'll look into making a by-product of the training that needs to be dealt with in the future.

Quote from: AstroChimp on September 04, 2016, 01:06:04 PM
When you eat at the modular tables, you still get the debuff "Ate without a table"? It was the only thing that held me back.
I knew there was something I wanted to look into when I updated, but I had forgot what it was. Thankyou for reminding me. This will get addresses soonish.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ESKOR

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 04, 2016, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: ESKOR on September 04, 2016, 12:01:18 PM
Not really, because if the corpse wasn't removed pawns would be able to use the same corpse for more research. I'll look into making a by-product of the training that needs to be dealt with in the future.

I think is much advantage: You win medical skill, and the corpse disappear, when you know that the acumulation of corseps is a problem. Don't need to investigate or build the crematory... For what?? better use medical train and 2x1... The idea of the mod is brilliant, but i no use it for this, too easy, too advantage.  :((  (pleaseee pleaseeeee a option for corseps dissapear when medical train pleaseeeeeee   :'( :'(    )

( i only registered in this forum for comment this, im very interesting in this mod, pleaseeeee )

oreganor

I also wondered about the medical table win/win situation... Just an idea:

- Only allow non-rotten corpses to be usable on the table.

- The "byproduct" could be the same corpse but rotten.

That way you turn the "authopsy" as an intermediate step in the corpse disposing chain that, in fact, will make the corpes linger for longer around triggering more "bad thoughts" for the sake of... Science! :).

(I don't know if it's possible to trigger the "rotten state" into a corpse as a result of a workbench operation... But thought could be an easy way to balance and give more depth to your mod).
Contributions:
Melee Skill Rebalance

subarctic_guy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 04, 2016, 06:46:36 PM

1. Don't allow training on desiccated bodies.
2. Turn corpses into desiccated bodies after they have been trained on.

Basically you dissect cadavers until there is no more flesh on the bones and then have to dispose of the skeletons. Bare bones aren't really useful for practicing surgery, etc.

mabor0shi

I say combine subarctic_guy & oreganor ideas by 'no training on rotten or dessicated' + 'byproduct is dessicated corpse'. I also think training shud be more time consuming. And, since i think i'm givin itchyFlea orders here: wire fence costs 3 wood+3 steel vs. wood fence costs 4 wood. so, wire fence should have more hp and/or be less flammable. and for realism, maybe it provides less %cover? thx itchyFlea
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

nachtfalter

Your Tables, RTG, Medical Table mods belong to my standard mods!

RemingtonRyder

I noticed earlier on today that RTGs don't have a research requirement (Electricity). Tribals can build them from the start, though they lack the means to do anything with them. ;)

AlphaMason

Quote from: MarvinKosh on September 30, 2016, 08:48:00 PM
I noticed earlier on today that RTGs don't have a research requirement (Electricity). Tribals can build them from the start, though they lack the means to do anything with them. ;)

I have also noticed this while playing this mod.  It be kinda of weird having a tribal/medieval colony with a RTG generator.  Also, noticed that the medical training table isn't locked behind any research either.  It be nice to maybe see some integration with Medieval Times mod, like for example a medieval version of the table for early game and then a modern one for once you gotten the research electricity. It would be nice to be able to harvest body parts and organs after they have died, but not after they have turned to bones expect for the non-flesh like parts, like bionic parts and other things that wouldn't decompose as fast.  However, I do think it would probably fit better in the EPOE mod seeing how it was made for making bionic parts and the like.  Anyways, just a suggestion.

ItchyFlea

I'll probably add the research requirement to RTG's when A16 is released. It isn't really of too much concern as from what I understand doesn't really affect tribal colonies other than them getting something that produces power that they cannot use for anything.

As for Medical Training. There is no way for me to add the things suggested. I'm sure they could be added, but that would require .dll modding, something I can't do as I don't know how to code. :(
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ttc

Love your mods. Thanks so much for all your hard work.

A couple of questions/suggestions:

1. With the medical training/autopsy table, is it possible to make it so the floor can be smoothed/altered underneath it? You seem to be able to do this with quite a few production tables etc, but not the autopsy one. Alternatively, could you make it re-installable?

2. What do you think about being able to do dissections/medical investigation on your live (but downed) enemies for a bigger xp gain but a mood debuff if not a psychopath?

mabor0shi

Quote from: ttc on October 10, 2016, 10:50:49 PM
2. What do you think about being able to do dissections/medical investigation on your live (but downed) enemies for a bigger xp gain but a mood debuff if not a psychopath?
But, you can just have you Doctor start pullin parts out of your prisoners until they die, then haul their corpses over to the Meditrain Table. Harvesting Organs don't give xp? I'm sure u can install unnecessary peg legs and such for xp.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

14m1337

Hi Itchy, there seems to be an accidental sprite swap in your target practise mod. the "right" and "left" sides are exchanged at the first 90 degree left-turn. see the attached picture for more explanation.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: 14m1337 on October 27, 2016, 12:19:54 AM
Hi Itchy, there seems to be an accidental sprite swap in your target practise mod. the "right" and "left" sides are exchanged at the first 90 degree left-turn. see the attached picture for more explanation.
Unfortunately this is an issue with how the game rotates textures, unless Tynan changes how the game rotates textures, this will never be fixed.