Raiders, highest number?

Started by Fidelis, November 12, 2013, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidelis

What the highest number of raiders you've seen? I currently have about ~50-60 raiders at day 140th, at the easiest Casandra. (Callie something?) I'm wondering if there's a cap to them?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

lt_halle

I've heard that it's tied to how many turrets you have. This seems somewhat likely to me, as I get more raiders on my Callie save where I use about 7 turrets for defense than I do on my Cassandra save where I use no turrets and only colonists, despite the latter being on the same area in terms of time played.

NexusTrimean

Largest Group i have seen was over 80.  I Killed around 70 of them with a well placed set of blasting charges.

EarthyTurtle

I used blasting charges too on larger groups too. but I also have to use a defense of turrets and colonists to finish off the rest. it's either that or spend 105 ore each time on blasting charges to clear out the raiders. If I let them into my defense usually I only sustain damage of maybe 25-35 ore from sandbags and walls.

Eventually I will loose, I'm at about 60 on Cassandra and it's not looking likely of letting up. Either my computer fries, or they overrun my base :P.

Grimreaper1704

lol my largest troop was..ehm..let me think...uff..one..two.three...ehm okey it was 8 :D

and then i this some pics here omg 80 is very hard :D

Ric

Wave on Day268.
I count about 110 here.

Scary!

Thoughts

I've lost count, but well over 50 by day 140. 

I never lost a single colonist to raiders - although I'd lose them to Muffalo, insanity, etc.  Solar Flares were the biggest problem, since I'd almost always having somebody go nuts.  Solar Flare's immediately followed by Eclipses (24 hour?  Really?) were particularly troublesome.  Raids seem to come every 2-3 days, often well before repairs could be made.  Final death came when attacked during one of those very routine Solar Flares (really?  Why have electronics if they are offline ~20% of the time?).

Without turrets, I suspect the game would have ended much sooner - well before any significant colonist development would have occurred.   

Will try again after the next release, hopefully with some balance changes.  Might try a turret free game to see if there is a survivability option that way.

Several screenshots attached:   A typical raiding party, a party after blasting charges thinned them significantly,  one once they started running, and a layout shot (which doesn't show the geo-thermals that power things during eclipses)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]