The (obviously unofficial) Alpha 10 Challenge.

Started by Mithradates, February 20, 2015, 10:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithradates

Since we have a lot of Let's Players, I thought it might be interesting to establish a challenge of sorts for the up-coming Alpha 10. Now, obviously we don't yet know what will be in Alpha 10, but it is likely to be something rather large, given that it is, after all, the number Ten.

So, I thought it might be interesting to establish a challenge of sorts for our Let's Players. In Alpha 10, we shall see who can get to space first (in game time), on video. Sounds fairly simple - most of us have launched ships before. But here is the catch; Not only must the the difficulty be Extreme Challenge (Cassandra Classic), but there can be no substantive mods (I'll allow aesthetic mods) used besides perhaps Viceroy's Darkness mod (technically an aesthetic mod, but because it makes things so hard for the player to see, it is almost an added difficulty mod).

There are to be no temperature traps, nor are players allowed to completely wall themselves off.

Oh. And No Turrets. Not a One.

There will be upwards of five winners, each receiving an imaginary prize of absolutely nothing. I guess Honor, or something. Anyway.

1. A prize for the first player into space (in game time).
2. A prize for the player who gets the most colonists into space.
3. A prize for the player who has the highest percentage of colonists (all told, across the entire series) make it into space.
4. A prize for the player who gets the most cumulative likes for the series.
5. A prize for the player who pays me the most, in US Dollars.
                    A one week, three-votes-per-person, vote for overall best series in the challenge.

Again, the rules for the competition are:
1. Must play Rimworld: Alpha 10 under Cassandra Classic on Extreme Challenge Mode.
2. Must not use any functionality mods, UI mods, nor any mods besides purely aesthetic mods (and perhaps Viceroy's Darkness - still unsure about that for now.
3. No turrets of any kind may be used.
4. No temperature traps (killing attackers with temperature) are to be set up.
5. No walling off of the colony completely.
6. The entire series must be filmed.
7. (I shouldn't need to say this, but just in case) No Development Mode.
8. Honor-Rule; No reloading saves after unfavorable events. Obviously we have no way of checking this, but where's the fun if nobody gets killed?
9. Each participant implicitly agrees by registering on these forums to send me $10.00 USD monthly until the heat-death of the Universe.
10. Have fun, or at least pretend to have fun.

Anyway, that's enough typing out of me for right now. Tell me what you think of the rules, or if you have any suggestions. I'd like to have your thoughts!
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Mithradates

Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.