[A13] A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.13.2]

Started by A2Bcorp, February 21, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millenium

honestly i would like the option to keep the teleporters unless theres a major issue in the code.

2x-3x the research cost add plasteel into the crafting recipe and increase power costs to make it so you only use them for very long rang teleportations.

Arief

this looks amazing! Maybe you could add drones if you are removing the teleporters. Like an MD2 Ore collector being serviced by a adrone to pick up resources. Either by a extra 1x1 loading bay or directly from the extractor. Anyway im looking foward to using this mod with MD2.

Quote from: Arief on May 09, 2015, 09:42:11 AM
this looks amazing! Maybe you could add drones if you are removing the teleporters. Like an MD2 Ore collector being serviced by a adrone to pick up resources. Either by a extra 1x1 loading bay or directly from the extractor. Anyway im looking foward to using this mod with MD2.

Yeah, I doubt droids will every be added to this.  And as you pointed out...MD2 has droids, lots of droids.  A2B Conveyors + MD2 Logistics Droids = w1n.

Also, the MD2 Ore Extractor can connect and feed A2B loaders directly, no need for pawn hauling.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Arief

Quote from: 1000101 on May 09, 2015, 01:34:12 PM

Yeah, I doubt droids will every be added to this.  And as you pointed out...MD2 has droids, lots of droids.  A2B Conveyors + MD2 Logistics Droids = w1n.

Also, the MD2 Ore Extractor can connect and feed A2B loaders directly, no need for pawn hauling.

Yeah I know :). But i mean actual Drones. Like the flying type that is faster  ;D Like a drone network. AND/OR!! Have atack drones DUN DUN DUNNN...

noone

Quote from: millenium on May 09, 2015, 09:01:16 AM
honestly i would like the option to keep the teleporters unless theres a major issue in the code.

I am fairly certain that the teleporters will be removed from the main mod. They are largely redundant with the undercover/undertaker system (except for going through mountains), and I was never quite satisfied with their design (as many other mod users as well).

There is also another dedicated teleportation mod by Haplo (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7570.0). If you really want/need long range fancy transport, I would suggest using this mod in complement to A2B.

Finally, if you are really really keen to keep the A2B Teleporters alive, why not create an add-on ? We have just had our first official add-on by 1000101 that offers 11 new selector designs. These will not be included in the main mod (see this thread a few posts back for details), but they are perfect as an add-on: easily accessible for whoever likes/needs them, without impacting the basic mod users.

Maybe you could add drones if you are removing the teleporters.

Well, I certainly like the idea, but I am also pretty certain that this won't happen ... :) I'm trying to keep things to a minimum in the main mod for clarity and simplicity's sakes. As it was pointed out, there's already a lot of 'droid mods' out there ... If you really feel like flying drones ... maybe you could create an A2B add-on ? :D

Match

Quick question about A2B and Temp.

Do the belts act as a wall or are they negligible in regards to temp loss. Second, would food meals stored on a belt be subject to temp decay?

noone

Belts are not walls anymore - so, you can't close a room with them. At this time however, any meals on the belts will be immune to decay (i.e. immune to large temperatures).

Hoping to fix that eventually ...

Adamiks

tel
Quote from: noone on May 19, 2015, 04:58:22 AM
Belts are not walls anymore - so, you can't close a room with them. At this time however, any meals on the belts will be immune to decay (i.e. immune to large temperatures).

Hoping to fix that eventually ...

One word - teleporting.

WHiZ

Omg when you are done with this version please PLEASE make something like this for prison architect if you are able, if there was ever a game to need something just like this for its lame delivery model it is that game. once your prison gets too large its unable to properly handle movements in a timely manor.

Timmiej93

I really like the new undertaker system you've implemented, but would it be possible to cut the power when you designate a part of the conveyor (or undercover) off? I used to do a teleporter with a switch inbetween, so I can cut power to parts of my conveyor, can't do that anymore unfortunately.

Quote from: Timmiej93 on May 23, 2015, 08:52:29 AM
I really like the new undertaker system you've implemented, but would it be possible to cut the power when you designate a part of the conveyor (or undercover) off? I used to do a teleporter with a switch inbetween, so I can cut power to parts of my conveyor, can't do that anymore unfortunately.

That's going to be an inherent problem with the new underground system.  With the teleporter pair, I also used to create belt sub-sections with individual power feeds to control power usage too.  The problem now is the entire belt is connected and the power is handled by the core game.  Since using the underground belt will make it one net, you are left with using the sci-fi magic teleporter pair to break up the power net.  ATM, no other options really exist.

Maybe I'll have a go at an unpowered "slide" belt section which doesn't use or transmit power.  The problem is that one could make an entire belt system out of slides, so some means of placement/usage restrictions would need to be applied (perhaps a requirement to be connected to a powered belt section on the input and output).  Then we can compartmentalize the power net again.  I think the easiest solution is just use the teleporter pair though.  I don't like the sc-fi magic but it has a major advantage over any other solution - it already exists.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.