[A13] A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.13.2]

Started by A2Bcorp, February 21, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle78

My underground belts are only between the Undertakers,not under them. Furthermore,as the Undertakers and underground belts seem to lack built-in power lines like the rest of the pieces,I manually ran power lines through each and every one of them.

FMJ Penguin

So yeah, I really wanna use this mod. Looks like good fun and all but I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure from those arrows tick...tick...tick...tick...... Not poking fun or joking at all. Anyone tell me how to "stop" the arrows from animating or moving at all would be fine too. Thanks guys

Get motion sickness easier the older I get I swear.... 
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

blub01

Quote from: Riddle78 on September 14, 2015, 01:13:30 PM
My underground belts are only between the Undertakers,not under them. Furthermore,as the Undertakers and underground belts seem to lack built-in power lines like the rest of the pieces,I manually ran power lines through each and every one of them.

You don't have to do that, to reduce wiring(and lag maybe?) only the powered undertakers consume power, based on the number of underground belts attached to them.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

pigman999999999

Quote from: Mrshilka on September 13, 2015, 09:18:11 PM
Hello!
First time poster here, Since Droids are out of action I have been exploring your mod for my hauling needs.
And those needs are great, I tend to deal with raids of 800 to 1500+ pawns and once my guns stop reaping I need to haul all those bodies and loot for processing and storage for sale.

I have set up a small teleport network for body transport, it is basic and likely overkill, I know I can refine it.

My issue is each of those loaders will only take a single task at a time, aka one body so if I have 30 hauling drones (I do) the first 6 will take bodies to the loaders but the other 24 will carry the corpse's all the way back to the morgue.
Am I doing something wrong with the loader setup or is this a known issue? It would be nice if the loader would take stacks of say 100+ and then just keep pushing the stacks out into the belts until empty.
if you want some bots https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

Ectoplasm

Quote from: pigman999999999 on September 17, 2015, 08:33:52 AM
I have set up a small teleport network for body transport, it is basic and likely overkill, I know I can refine it.

My issue is each of those loaders will only take a single task at a time, aka one body so if I have 30 hauling drones (I do) the first 6 will take bodies to the loaders but the other 24 will carry the corpse's all the way back to the morgue.
Am I doing something wrong with the loader setup or is this a known issue? It would be nice if the loader would take stacks of say 100+ and then just keep pushing the stacks out into the belts until empty.

This is inbuilt behavior of vanilla, mipen said that pawns reserve stuff they want to use to stop issues with 2 pawns trying to use the same item etc, so I believe this is what's happening in this instance. Perhaps though something along the lines of hoppers could be integrated in to the loader system? So it would be possible to stack items in them, and they get moved along when possible? I don't know if this is possible, or even easily implementable.. Just a thought, one of those random thoughts us non-coders have without realising the potential complexity of what we just said :)

I was building some belts to move my crops from the farms to the freezer in my last colony, an issue I had was the similar to yours, but also the range on the loader, if a pawn was close to the loader they'd use it rather than haul the goods manually back to the freezer, but the catchment area for the loader seems quite small, so unless the pawns is close to the loader, they'll ignore it. Might it be possible to add a system similar to cook stoves or stone cutting tables for example, where you can change the size of the area the pawn will look for ingredients?

Mrshilka

Alas no way around it I found in the end. I have a large warehouse near my killzone now with 60 loaders in it that accept anything and then reroute all the items to different teleporters.

As for Robots yes I am using those lovely little hauling drones as I stated in my original post, I buy as many as I can find and like to have 30 to 40 of them to hands the raid influx.

This is simple the core hauling mechanic, A2B does nothing special.  The loaders are simply storage buildings just like the equipment rack.  The only difference is, the belt system moves the items from the loader through the belts.

Once a spot is take, be is a storage area, and equipment rack, etc, a pawn will find somewhere else for it to go.  The pawns have no concept of conveyor belts.  They don't know the loader will be free five seconds after they walk away.  They simply take it items to the highest priority storage that is closest to them, no more, no less.

Any changes in "radius" or things of that nature need to be directed to Tynan, he wrote the haul mechanic which drives it all.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.