[A13] A2B: conveyor belts & co. [v0.13.2]

Started by A2Bcorp, February 21, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mujina

I cant workout why, but this isn't working for me at all - ive unloaded every mod, restarted the game, loaded just the main mod (tried including the others also), restarted the game and then created a new world and colony - and it still isn't working for me. any ideas? :(

mujina

Ah im an idiot, I didn't take the mod folder, out of the extracted folder

There's been a lot of discussion on the RimWorld modding slackshat about components and cost.  It's a tough thing to balance as to be consistent with the rest of the game, belts should use components.  The issue as you pointed out is the cost of components and how long it takes to be able to make them.

I would recommend using the Cheaper Components mod to reduce the material (steel) cost of components.  It's still a bit of a "late game" option, but it will help.

Don't forget to trade with any trader that comes as they may have components and disassemble fallen ship parts for components too.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Rock5

I agree, the standard belts shouldn't have components. It would be too expensive like that. Not everything in the vanilla game that could have components has them. And the fact that you suggest using Cheaper Components proves the point. In other words you can't use your mod without using another mod to compensate for the high cost of components.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Alright, I'll remove the component requirements for "basic" belt sections.  Belt sections which perform more work than simple moving items will still have a component requirement, however.

Basic Components

• Belt (10 steel)
  • Curved Belt (10 steel)
  • Loader (10 steel)
  • Unloader (10 steel)
  • Merger (10 steel)
  • Splitter (15 steel)
  • Underground Belt (20 steel)

Advanced Components

• Selector (10 steel, 1 component)
  • Undertaker (20 steel, 2 components)
  • Teleporter (50 steel, 25 plasteel, 3 components)
  • Reciever (50 steel, 25 plasteel, 3 components)

If anyone has suggestions other than those outlined above, please give give feedback, we are always looking to keep out customers happy.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

There are a number of issues in that log file.

Can you reproduce the error with just A2B as the only mod enabled (aside from Core, of course)?

I can't seem to reproduce that error, but at the same time, I have removed mods from my own load which have errors that I can't correct directly (such as AutoEquip).

Powered By

Just to clarify, if the undertaker hasn't yet detected or been forced into it's operational mode, then it disappears on load?

I have a different bug which is fixed and I'm surprised nobody noticed (stacks dropped will be completely used, even if only part of the stack is dropped).

I'd like to confirm and fix this bug, however, before doing a bug-fix release.

Powered By

Unfortunately the component requirement is handled by the core "CompBreakdownable" even if the thing doesn't have any components in it's cost.

I'll see what I can do about this, however.

Powered By

Rock5

Not everything in the vanilla game breaks down. Maybe you should only set the parts that use components to be able to break down. I mean if you have even a medium sized conveyor belt system you probably have way more breakable parts than the whole rest of your map. It might balance things a bit to exclude normal belts, just so you're not getting breakdowns all the time.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Ok, save bug fixed, now I just need to rebalance the breakdowns.

I think I will restrict them to just the belt sections which use components.