Is Tynan a cheater?

Started by Enjoyment, February 21, 2015, 02:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enjoyment

Hi, all...
First, congratulation to all of us for a new great release. Many good and important changes (except the wind turbines nerf, but it was fixed in recent hf, just as we all knew). But. Lets take a look into the changelog...

Dec 15
Bill interface now shows the name of the worker assigned to a bill.

...and than we look into the game. And we found nothing. Oh, really? So, we are back in A8 for this moment. Don't know, maybe it's not an important to other people, but it's critical for me...

In such conditions, I've been forced to keep a single crafter for the whole colony. Why? Cause it's the only way to prevent the following situation: On someday, my Jack-Rough-Hands with crafting 6 was drinking in a tavern, and after tenth bottle of beer, he thinks: "Man, f**k such a job, I am fed to the teeth with stonecutting. I was born for a tailoring!". And he goes to the tailoring table and throws out into the trash bin a lovely handmade devilstrand parka, made by my crafting 16 level Dianna-Golden-Hands, just to create some "I want to see it back" Tribalwear. Meanwhile, Dianna standing at the stonecutting table, make a masterpeices of slate blocks not mentioning that neither Brick nor Hammer (two brothers-builders) don't even look on them ("If it is a rock, and it is square, - that's enough for me" (c) Brick).

Though it can be a good "colony tale", it ruins my dreams of A9, and definitely not what I was expecting.

So, I asking myself (and you, of course): Is Tynan a cheater or I'm a blindman? Cause in second case it will be just funny (if I wrote this text only cuase I missed some small button), but in first case - we have to sound the alarm! It means that the world is at the edge and could blow every second (in case Tynan cheated on us).

That's my thoughts , and what are yours?

P.S. I don't complain about whole A9 (it's very fun indeed), but this moment means a lot.
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Latta

Are you expecting "assigning worker" thing?

No, it will only display "who is working on this bill now". No assigning

Enjoyment

O!
O... So, this a third case - I'm just an idiot, living in my dreamworld? )

Tynan

Quote from: Enjoyment on February 21, 2015, 02:50:22 AM
...and than we look into the game. And we found nothing.

You didn't look hard enough.

Your OP is troublesome. It frames a simple piece of feedback in an extremely negative, inflammatory way, for no reason at all.

I've recently revised the forum rules and guidelines to cover this sort of situation, because I'm unfortunately seeing it pop up more and more. Not direct insults, per se, but just people saying things in unnecessarily inflammatory ways that they would never do in real life. This cannot become the norm for this forum. That's not the community I want to build or participate in.

So I'll just ask. Next time please try to approach the topic without the inflammatory tone.

Regarding the wrong crafter crafting something, this is a known problem and will be addressed in alpha 10. Remember that this game is a work in progress. Your feedback is part of that progress and is appreciated. But the best thing is just to give the feedback neutrally; there's no need to couch it in accusations.

EDIT: words
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Enjoyment

O! And again, O!
I'm sorry if you took my words so close to the heart. This is a thing, that I hate in forum-like conversations - you don't hear my voice and can't guess my mood.
My topic completely WASN'T a charge, it was funny-style. I didn't blame you as a dirty cheater, but as a friendly trickster. And I've mentioned that I can be wrong at my vision.
I just shutting up. Forgive me, Tynan.

Tynan

OK. Sorry if I misinterpreted. Thank you for clarifying.

Enjoyment

Thx, I still feels terrible, but now I can live with it).
It's so wrong that you a facing such things:
Quote from: Tynan on February 21, 2015, 03:03:07 AM
I've recently revised the forum rules and guidelines to cover this sort of situation, because I'm unfortunately seeing it pop up more and more. Not direct insults, per se, but just people saying things in unnecessarily inflammatory ways that they would never do in real life. This cannot become the norm for this forum. That's not the community I want to build or participate in.
Cause your friendliness to the community is one of the most valuable thing for me in Rimworld creation. And I will keep trying to write my posts more clearly in the future. I've chenged topic icon, I should do it at start, maybe it could help to avoid misunderstanding.

And the last thing - at the moment of your first reply - we have already found that I'm an idiot, so you could keep it in mind, reading my post)

Tynan

Thanks and glad all is worked out :)

I'll lock this; not much more to say here.