[MOD] (Alpha 9) FixBone v10b

Started by Latta, February 21, 2015, 10:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Description
Bones! A small mod that makes you able to fix colonist's shattered bones.
This post is locked. Please use my mod list instead: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11171.msg111221#msg111221

Changelog

10 Initial release.
10b Added spine replacement.

Features
Craftable bone piece
You can craft an artificial bone piece at smithing table. It's cheap, 30 steel and 3 plasteel, and stackable up to 20.

Fix bone with bone pieces
Fix your colonist's bones. Especially arm's/leg's without going bionic, which is pretty expensive.

List of fixable bones
Rib and clavicle: 2 pieces.
Femur, tibia, humerus and radius: 5 pieces.
Sternum and pelvis: 10 pieces.
Spine: 15 pieces.

Compatibility
Fixbone does not override anything, so it is compatible with many kinds of surgery mods, including Extended Surgery, Expanded Prosthetics, Glitter Tech, Cybernetic Storm, Apothecarius, et cetera.
I haven't stumbled upon any issue so far, so should you face one, please let me know.

Dragoon

YAY I don't have to make bionic for my guy not fixed radius here we come!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

skullywag

I would add the spine one as well, I personally dont use the other bigger bionic medical based mods but this feels more vanilla like, up to you, add it as a seperate addon dl if needs be.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Latta

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 11:09:03 AM
I would add the spine one as well, I personally dont use the other bigger bionic medical based mods but this feels more vanilla like, up to you, add it as a seperate addon dl if needs be.

Added spine replacement, with 15 pieces. Thank you for your opinion.

TheSilencedScream

I generally avoid medical related mods, as I feel they make the game easier, but I think this one may be an exception.

Maybe I'm mistaken, though, but do broken bones not get healed? I thought I had someone with cracked ribs that went away after a while. Might've just gotten mixed up across save files, though.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Asfalto

Is this compatible with other mods? (you know which ones :D)

Other medical mods..

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 21, 2015, 12:53:40 PM
I generally avoid medical related mods, as I feel they make the game easier, but I think this one may be an exception.

Maybe I'm mistaken, though, but do broken bones not get healed? I thought I had someone with cracked ribs that went away after a while. Might've just gotten mixed up across save files, though.

If a bone is cracked it heals, if it is shattered (i.e. reduced to 0 health) it is permanently gone just like any other body part.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Latta

Quote from: Asfalto on February 21, 2015, 02:38:36 PM
Is this compatible with other mods? (you know which ones :D)

Other medical mods..
Sure, it's made to not have any conflict with them.

Kolljak

Naturaly bones should mend themselves with rest... is there a way you can intigrate a REST system so if u colonist Rests for a while in a medical bed it will mend the bones Breaks Sprains and Shatters each requireing more downtime.

Latta

Quote from: Kolljak on February 21, 2015, 06:27:21 PM
Naturaly bones should mend themselves with rest... is there a way you can intigrate a REST system so if u colonist Rests for a while in a medical bed it will mend the bones Breaks Sprains and Shatters each requireing more downtime.
Not sure; and I think shattered ones cannot mend themselves because it's too...shattered.
I might add a new Hediff to require extra resting even after grafting bones with this.

Karnej

I might have missed it in the OP but does this allow you to heal the pelvis. I remember I lost a great soldier after his pelvis was shattered. I had to look it up to be sure I couldn't fix it in vanilla or modded.

Latta

Quote from: Karnej on February 26, 2015, 02:47:43 AM
I might have missed it in the OP but does this allow you to heal the pelvis. I remember I lost a great soldier after his pelvis was shattered. I had to look it up to be sure I couldn't fix it in vanilla or modded.

Yes, you need 10 pieces.

Karnej

Cool thanks. This mod fills my need to be able to heal anything on my settlers.

Olfan

When I order some artificial bone pieces made, my colonists will gladly haul plasteel and steel to the smithing bench, but then the materials will just vanish and the colonist will go fetch the next batch of materials without ever creating anything. The counter doesn't decrease either, so that asking for just one artificial bone piece will quickly annihilate any amount of plasteel available.

Is it possible there is some incompatibility with some other mod? I've checked through the XMLs but couldn't spot any conflicts with the other mods I use. Also it doesn't make a difference whether I load this one first or last. Any ideas?

Zeta Omega

Could this mod be used with other mods such as prosthetics and glitterworld?