Platforms for shooting from behind the wall

Started by Hoodinski, February 21, 2015, 11:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoodinski

Platforms for shooting from behind the wall. I love to create closed encampents with focal points but sometimes it's just not enough. I'd love it if you could place shooting platforms for the rims to shoot at approaching enemy.

StorymasterQ

Try something like Embrasures Mod, or the Weapon Rack 'exploit', if it's not fixed yet.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Listy

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 23, 2015, 01:03:30 AM
Try something like Embrasures Mod, or the Weapon Rack 'exploit', if it's not fixed yet.

Yeah that's all gone now. you can walk over weapon racks (not really sure it was an exploit).
Which scuppered my plans to do a traditional fortress with the perimeter wall being having firing slits and all my colonists with sniper rifles. Then we just muster to which ever side of the wall is under attack, and take up positions.

JimmyAgnt007

Sandbags are for shooting from behind cover. I like making broken up wall alternating between sandbag and wall and sticking colonists behind the walls.

As for platforms, thats pseudo z-levels and Tynan has stated he wont do that ever.  If he ever does it will be full on z-levels.  Either way it wont happen soon.

Personally Id like to see a new wall type 'Pillbox' and basically give a firing slit in a wall so that you get full wall cover and can shoot past it.

Sartain

How about Guard Towers?
Basically, a building that'll provide increased range and accuracy when firing from it, while providing cover and allowing you to shoot over walls. Could also have an armored version with more cover and HP that you'd have to research first. And they could come in different sizes, allowing for more colonists to be stationed in the same tower.