Modding request -removing bionic legs etc. from dead bodys

Started by Kewe, February 21, 2015, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kewe

Hey i am wondering if somebody could release a mod that makes it possible to remove bionic legs, arms as well as prostetic ones from dead bodys. I always enjoyed when priats attacked me i maybe lost 2 of my people in the attack but then when looking over the dead raiders i saw that they had a bionic leg which i could harvest atleast making the best out of the worst, only that it isnt possible anymore...

yokai

Hoovytaurus

Same. +1. Hate how I can't remove stuff from dead scythers.

Yas

+1

and... if body still fresh, why you cant harvest it completly when you are at it? If one dies and freeze it should be logical to harvest heart and liver too. As long those parts not shot off of course.

Didact04

Pretty sure that the process of freezing would destroy the tissue of the organs to the point that there's no point extracting them. If it's been out long enough to freeze, the organs wouldn't be any good, I don't think. Unless preserved in a special way, but that's probably not something the colonists would be capable of.

RawCode

IRL 10 mins without blood supply and tissue DIE, just die.
Some types of tissue may survive longer, but all internal organs suffer permanent damage from 10 minutes mark.

Freezing kill tissue on cell level due to water expansion of freezing.

erebus2075

Quote from: RawCode on February 23, 2015, 10:38:31 AM
IRL 10 mins without blood supply and tissue DIE, just die.
Some types of tissue may survive longer, but all internal organs suffer permanent damage from 10 minutes mark.

Freezing kill tissue on cell level due to water expansion of freezing.
considering this is a discussion with bionic lims working perfectly, actually better then RL and you being able to keep organs indiffinately in a freezer, and people being in cryo for thousinds of years etc, bringing true realism from this age into the picture is silly :P

Yas

Quote from: erebus2075 on February 24, 2015, 01:03:12 PM
considering this is a discussion with bionic lims working perfectly, actually better then RL and you being able to keep organs indiffinately in a freezer, and people being in cryo for thousinds of years etc, bringing true realism from this age into the picture is silly :P

Took some research, as far as I understood u cant harvest dead people at all. U need "brain deads" with living bodies.

Still Erebus got a good point ;) we are flying around in spaceships, build 6 million $ men with bionic stuff. But we cant repair lightly damaged organs?

Well, on the other hand, we are also unable to harden our electronic devices against sun flares or build conduits that doesnt explode after a while (and they _always_ will do, its just a matter of when). Or have a suitable sprinkler system.

The tech and knowledge in this game is very... heterogen. Guess that fits the setting though, a bit like Firefly.

Theres a mod (Still A8 atm though) where u can use human flesh to produce new organs. Guess I stick to that :).

Still, OP is right about his wish to recieve bionic stuff from bodies. Bionic stuff could be able to survive a bit longer that 10 minutes.

daveboy2000

Quote from: Yas on February 25, 2015, 12:18:03 PM
Quote from: erebus2075 on February 24, 2015, 01:03:12 PM

Took some research, as far as I understood u cant harvest dead people at all. U need "brain deads" with living bodies.

Still Erebus got a good point ;) we are flying around in spaceships, build 6 million $ men with bionic stuff. But we cant repair lightly damaged organs?

Well, on the other hand, we are also unable to harden our electronic devices against sun flares or build conduits that doesnt explode after a while (and they _always_ will do, its just a matter of when). Or have a suitable sprinkler system.

The tech and knowledge in this game is very... heterogen. Guess that fits the setting though, a bit like Firefly.

Theres a mod (Still A8 atm though) where u can use human flesh to produce new organs. Guess I stick to that :).

Still, OP is right about his wish to recieve bionic stuff from bodies. Bionic stuff could be able to survive a bit longer that 10 minutes.

That means we'll need a new kind of death-state to make this work, don't we?

Yas

Quote from: daveboy2000 on February 26, 2015, 06:37:18 AM
That means we'll need a new kind of death-state to make this work, don't we?

Depends on "how realistic" u need to have it. Sticking to OPs idea about bionic part I'd say no. Cause those are special.

On the other side btw. to be realistic it should be possible to harvest _all_ of a still living being. Taking out the liver doesnt kill instant. But maybe we dont need to be too realistic since its a game.

daveboy2000

Quote from: Yas on February 26, 2015, 10:39:34 AM
Depends on "how realistic" u need to have it. Sticking to OPs idea about bionic part I'd say no. Cause those are special.

On the other side btw. to be realistic it should be possible to harvest _all_ of a still living being. Taking out the liver doesnt kill instant. But maybe we dont need to be too realistic since its a game.

Well, organs and stuff seem to be self-contained already, in some kind of box. So no need for them to be frozen once taken out. It really does indeed bug me how I can't take all the organs out of my useless prisoners, which I only keep around to harvest the organs from.

Also, we need to be able to harvest more than the lungs, kidneys, liver and heart. Stomachs and pancreas and stuff would be nice as well. And while we're at it, seeing as to how organ rejection seems to be no problem anymore in 5500, perhaps bits like eyes and skin grafts.