9.275 Overview Tab broken after load

Started by DustBust, February 21, 2015, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustBust

Created a new world, created a new colony, saved the game, loaded the game and the overview tab was broken. Only 1 out of 3 colonist appeared with only a box under Firefighting. Has this happened to anyone else? I've also loaded the game multiple times, adding new colonists does not impact the overview tab.

Gaesatae

I've created a few colonies using your steps and I've seen nothing weird.

Maybe what you are looking at is something like this?

If it is, click on the colonist tab and check if your colonist is incapable of any work. Incapable of scary means that he can't do firefighter work.

Kushala Daora

I think he means this;

I had the same problem, next time i loaded the save file, it was a black screen;

DustBust

Okay, not the only one, cool.

Tynan

Definitely a real bug. Thanks for reporting. Can you post a save and world file pair that does this? (Zipped together). I will likely have to hotfix it.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Was I crazy or wasn't this associated with a mod at one time or another? Are you using any mods? Just in case something pops out.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

I'm desperate to fix this but nobody will give me a broken save to work from.

If you have this bug, please post a save game and world file (zipped together) that causes the bug to occur. These file can be found by clicking "open save game location" in the game options menu.

Please! Or I won't be able to address this for the hotfix.

evrett33

This might seem like a real dumb question but have your colonists exited their pods yet? If you pause the game at the very start before the colonists get out of their escape pods then the overview looks like that.

Tynan

Quote from: evrett33 on February 23, 2015, 02:18:30 AM
This might seem like a real dumb question but have your colonists exited their pods yet? If you pause the game at the very start before the colonists get out of their escape pods then the overview looks like that.

There still shouldn't be error messages like that.

Also if you pause before pod opening there will be nobody listed, not one person with firefighting only.

Tynan

It looks like one of the colonists, Poukram, somehow ended up with duplicate data for his work settings. He had two settings for "firefighter" priority in the save file! This made no sense to the loading code so it choked and killed the game.

Kushala - do you have any idea of anything you might have done that could have created some kind of strange configuration of work settings?

EDIT: By the way I've mitigated the bug so it'll just show an error line in the log but still load the game. So your (very nice!) colony will open with the hotfix.

Kushala Daora

No idea, but this wasn't the only save file it happened to, i made a new world, and new colony and it happened again. Glad your able to hotfix

Gaesatae

What the...? How is this possible? I've been trying to reproduce this for more hours than I'd like and I've run out of ideas. I've even made a test mod to try to bring up the origin, no luck with it either.

The only ways I can think of this ever happening is having two different WorkTypeDefs with the same defname at runtime (hmm, no), or something really weird going on while iterating through a recently added item of the pawn workPriorities when saving.

OOT?: Tynan, did you noticed that in any savefiles, the firefighter workPriorities is always added to a colonist, even if he is incapable of the task? No impact on gameplay, but odd.

Tynan

Well thank you very much for trying Gae.

I'm gonna let this go, maybe a repro will pop up. It's just a harmless error message bug now.

And yeah, it saves all worktypes, it's just simpler that way.