Wait, what? Traders?

Started by Hoovytaurus, February 21, 2015, 06:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoovytaurus

I got a notification a tribe was visiting, I guess I didn't read it good enough because when they left, it said "traders from Irgo Caxigo are now leaving. They are happy with your hospitality."

Are faction traders now a thing? I don't have any mods that put any traders in, I don't think.

evrett33

The mod "Misc w/ blah blah" by Haplo does this. Visitors setting up trade tents instead of invisible cold space people you never see is a huge improvement on the trade system.

Hoovytaurus

Quote from: evrett33 on February 21, 2015, 06:49:52 PM
The mod "Misc w/ blah blah" by Haplo does this. Visitors setting up trade tents instead of invisible cold space people you never see is a huge improvement on the trade system.

Ah, I see. People only see what they want to see, so I guess I missed the traders stuff :P

evrett33

I think Haplo likes to obscure things. He's hiding his true identity. His dog however is an open book. I saw the traders in a lets play and was like gotta have that..then it took forever to find because its not the -feature- feature of the mod...even though its clearly revolutionary.

TheSilencedScream

I agree that it's an awesome feature and gives actual purpose to visiting factions.

It's kinda weird that they just show up, hang out, eat, and then leave. If our colonists actually sat down and hung out with them, it'd make a little more sense, but I usually have my pawns working like slaves from sunrise to sunset.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Rock5

I agree it was a great idea. But in the end I got fed up with all the traders. Add on top of that, that it took ages for them to reach your base and set up. So I quite often forgot about them. Then when I remembered, they were already gone.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport