No more fertilizer pumps

Started by kingtyris, February 21, 2015, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingtyris

So fertilizer pumps are gone from the game now... What do we do about terraforming then? I'm afraid to start boreal forest biomes already because it a marsh spam-fest, and now I have no recourse to fix it =/

tommytom

Currently isn't a way. There are some mods out or WiP though and talk about ways to fix it (with mods for now).

amul

I just noticed this! I'm curious to know what the reasoning was for removing it from the game.

Kegereneku

It was a little too "magic" and (even in ALPHA) made survival a little too comfortable.

Tynan said he would try to find a better way to allow this sort of thing. (ex : now you can remove floor-tile to have farmable soil under)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Ketzal

Maybe add top soil as a resource.  That way you can make a floor of top soil to create a growing area.

The balance would come from how you get/make top soil.

JonoRig

For unbuildable terrain, I wouldn't  mind something like stilt boards or whatever they are called, allow for building on, but could stop movement, that was you cant just build a farm in the middle of a mountain without hydroponics (the reason he removed it was to give a more "meaningful" choice between hydroponics and farming) but does stop that base you spent an hour designing because you  can't build that one segment of wall, could balance it out by making movement on those tiles slower, or weaken the structure that are built upon it (not because they are weaker, but if someone blew up the supports they are standing on, a battery isn't gonna like the mud and water much)

TLHeart

tynan has stated that  we will next time be able to build wooden floors over marsh, mud, and then build on top of those floors.

Rahjital

I hope we'll also be able to build other floors on it too.

Boudhha

It was remove because you could make cave in farms from the fertilizer pumps and sun lamps which made hydroponics useless since you didn't need electricity (except for the lamps)