So... Pants...

Started by ASCarroll, February 22, 2015, 02:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASCarroll

Is there any kind of mod to make them appear on colonists somehow? I can't be the only one who finds their invisibility kind of jarring...

Viceroy

Yeah it does look a bit bad I gotta say. Can get used to it, but still not ideal.
Dog goes moo!

EdB

This bothers me as well.  Enough that I played around with trying to mod it in.  I believe it's possible, but it's not straightforward at all.  In the end, I decided not to continue with it, but I do really hope that this gets added to the vanilla game.

Shinzy

like this?
the only problem with it is in which order you have to wear them so they'll show up
under the shirt

I plopped the "mod" in the attachments, too
it just overwrites the vanilla pants and gives it the worn texture ;D
(I may have to do this for all my apparello pants, too now. It didn't really bother me before! darn you guys all to heck! *blargh*)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Viceroy

You gotta admit that it looks great though. And it really does look absolutely PANTS.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the same pants texture for all of them and just use the colour the materials of the pants have to set the sprite up. That way you could probably get around scripting it on a per-pants basis. I mean it is not like pants have that much detail in 'em.
Dog goes moo!

Eleazar

I love it!  I had figured there would be layering issues with different kinds of garments, but i'm not seeing it.

Quote from: Viceroy on February 25, 2015, 07:57:59 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to have the same pants texture for all of them and just use the colour the materials of the pants have to set the sprite up.

That's how it works.

Viceroy

Nice. So I guess apparello is gonna have displayed pants now...
Dog goes moo!