'High expectations' mood modifier

Started by Panzer, February 22, 2015, 05:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

Ooooh nooo -8 mood forever, we re all doomed, even with beer that gives up to +20 and fine meals and what not. You do realize that every colonist has a base mood of 50? So even with -8 you still end up at 42, which is still ok and far away from any soft mental break (unless you got a too smart very neurotic volatile kinda guy).
The point is it adds another little challenge to the rather stale lategame. As for raiders, I ve seen them carry stuff up to superior quality, even devilstrand and hyperweave, plasteel weapons, silver... plenty of stuff you can sell for good money, dont know what you re going on about.

Foxador

Quote from: Panzer on February 27, 2015, 09:30:53 PM
Ooooh nooo -8 mood forever, we re all doomed, even with beer that gives up to +20 and fine meals and what not. You do realize that every colonist has a base mood of 50? So even with -8 you still end up at 42, which is still ok and far away from any soft mental break (unless you got a too smart very neurotic volatile kinda guy).
The point is it adds another little challenge to the rather stale lategame. As for raiders, I ve seen them carry stuff up to superior quality, even devilstrand and hyperweave, plasteel weapons, silver... plenty of stuff you can sell for good money, dont know what you re going on about.

If you're talking about melee weapons sure you might find them with 'decent' items but when it comes to ranged weapons they don't use anything of good quality.  It's also very hard to find anything on the traders that have stuff of good quality for ranged weapons either.  With how items keep degrading it just adds tedium to the game which isn't a challenge. 

Sure the -8 might not be the end of the world but it doesn't add challenge to the lategame as you're implying. 

cultist

Quote from: Foxador on February 27, 2015, 10:59:33 PM
If you're talking about melee weapons sure you might find them with 'decent' items but when it comes to ranged weapons they don't use anything of good quality.

That's not true. I had a pirate with a superior sniper rifle in the 3rd or 4th raid recently, so quite early game. Besides, quality is not that important when it comes to weapons. You don't need superior or good to be effective.

QuoteSure the -8 might not be the end of the world but it doesn't add challenge to the lategame as you're implying.

Depends how you define challenge, but it ensures random mental breaks can still happen even if your colony runs very smoothly. It keeps the game from getting stale.

Panzer

Well I had a lot of normal sniper rifles and a lot of good charge rifles with raiders. Traders are very random with stuff, I agree, maybe craft some ranged weapons then? Great bows and pilas are kind of like low-tech survival and sniper rifles, and pack quite a punch when they hit, one reason I always befriend enemy tribes first.

Foxador

Quote from: cultist on February 28, 2015, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: Foxador on February 27, 2015, 10:59:33 PM
If you're talking about melee weapons sure you might find them with 'decent' items but when it comes to ranged weapons they don't use anything of good quality.

Besides, quality is not that important when it comes to weapons. You don't need superior or good to be effective.

It actually makes a huge difference. A shoddy sniper rifle has acc of 60% at long and medium range while a good one has 92% and a excellent one has 100% acc at all ranges expect at touch range. Same would go for a assault rifle as well

Now it could be just because loot is so random right now that it's making it hard to get anything good but I have a colony of 14 that's wealth is rated over 400k and all that I get are half ass raids of maybe 10 enemies which seems very odd.  I was getting attacked with way greater numbers with the first release of alpha 9. And they only come with basic gear

Cedarik

This late game mood modifier combined with the random psychic drone mind attacks is pretty nasty stuff.I get starving notifications from someone wandering around lol.I'm pretty new though is there an easy way to keep track of your people or is that intentionally left off the ui?

Panzer

Well you can cycle through your colonists with ',' and '.' or manually search the map :P with wasd, hold shift for fast navigation, thats pretty much it.