[Update: Goal reached!] Kickstarter is live!

Started by Tynan, October 02, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

Quote from: enystrom8734 on October 03, 2013, 08:29:40 AM
Well on our way to half way with only a day or two passed :D

yes 45% done.
Let's hope this ends good so he can hire artists and get the game done or whatever he has planned (-:
buy food and cookies and stuff
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Rainy

Just managed to tear myself away from Factorio long enough to help Kickstart Rimworld :D

Backed and tweeted :D

Can't wait for the Alpha, hands are itching to play already :)

Tynan

Yes indeed, it goes well! Thanks for the support to y'all.

And yeah, no specific stretch goals. More money just means more art/sound/etc support from other people. I'll be developing the game in modules as planned. I won't do anything to threaten the basic schedule.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

UsF

Backed. Man and here I was hoping to play it sooner, guess I will have to wait until the Kickstarter ended then. :/ Good luck, seems to be going good so far. :)

Rainy

Quote from: Tynan on October 03, 2013, 10:00:05 AM

And yeah, no specific stretch goals. More money just means more art/sound/etc support from other people. I'll be developing the game in modules as planned. I won't do anything to threaten the basic schedule.

No sex drugs and rock'n'roll with the extra cash? Damn, must really not be much fun being a game dev :P

Seriously though,  I do applaud your approach to this Tynan.  It's nothing new asking for kickstarter funds but it is quite refreshing that you are sticking to your original plan or vision for the game.  Not like some where they have to just make up extra stretch goals that probably were never meant to be part of the game but they need to justify the extra cash.  Yes! I'm looking at you Star Citizen!  As much as I love the concept of SC I fear the feature creep will cripple it in the long run.

Semmy

Quote from: Rainy on October 03, 2013, 10:14:24 AM

No sex drugs and rock'n'roll with the extra cash? Damn, must really not be much fun being a game dev :P

Seriously though,  I do applaud your approach to this Tynan.  It's nothing new asking for kickstarter funds but it is quite refreshing that you are sticking to your original plan or vision for the game.  Not like some where they have to just make up extra stretch goals that probably were never meant to be part of the game but they need to justify the extra cash.  Yes! I'm looking at you Star Citizen!  As much as I love the concept of SC I fear the feature creep will cripple it in the long run.

It always seem they are adding essential gameplay elements or ridiculous stuff just to get more money out of the stretchgoals.
Edmund Burke

nomadseifer

Glad to hear it!  In some games, I think stretch goals that add more to the game actually make a lot of sense.  In linear games for example, more can be more.  Here, I think the planned content is already so rich and the balancing and replayability will be what 'makes' the game. 

But I do think you should consider something for specific stretch goals.  It definitely helps people spread the word if they can see the real benefit by doing so.  If the money will goto art/sound then you could just give a specific incremental benefit that will be made possible. 

Looks like you're going to sail over your target goal, though.  Congrats! 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Semmy

Congratulations tynan on passing the halfway mark
Edmund Burke

British

Quote from: nomadseifer on October 03, 2013, 10:36:21 AM
Glad to hear it!  In some games, I think stretch goals that add more to the game actually make a lot of sense.  In linear games for example, more can be more.  Here, I think the planned content is already so rich and the balancing and replayability will be what 'makes' the game. 

But I do think you should consider something for specific stretch goals.  It definitely helps people spread the word if they can see the real benefit by doing so.  If the money will goto art/sound then you could just give a specific incremental benefit that will be made possible. 

This.

And to Rainy and Semmy, something to read (slightly off-topic :-X):
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/27/roberts-debunks-star-citizen-feature-creep-theories-announces/

Semmy

Quote from: British on October 03, 2013, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: nomadseifer on October 03, 2013, 10:36:21 AM

This.

And to Rainy and Semmy, something to read (slightly off-topic :-X):
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/27/roberts-debunks-star-citizen-feature-creep-theories-announces/

i dont know if star citizen is the right comparison to this game d-;

But i understand what you mean but still...
Edmund Burke

British

There's no comparison at play here, I was merely responding to Rainy's "rant" from earlier.

Tynan

Quote from: Semmy on October 03, 2013, 10:52:14 AM
Congratulations tynan on passing the halfway mark

Thanks man, and everyone else. Let's not forget Greenlight either! Forum-only super internal stats just for y'all:

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Syphus

I voted for the Greenlight...hopefully I'll have a bit of extra money to throw at the $30 tier sometime before the Kickstarter ends.

Rainy

Quote from: British on October 03, 2013, 10:58:24 AM
There's no comparison at play here, I was merely responding to Rainy's "rant" from earlier.

Ah Sorry British, I never meant it to come across as a rant, was just explaining my satisfaction with the way RimWorlds kickstarter is being organised.

Plus congrats to the RW team on the halfway mark.  It must be a great feeling seeing this amount of interest so early in the kickstarter :D

Stryker25B

Backed at the $40 CAD level. Had no idea this existed until I saw the KickStarter today. Good luck and I can't wait for the pre-alpha!