A message for Rimworld Modders.

Started by Vonholtz, February 19, 2015, 11:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

Quote from: evrett33 on February 21, 2015, 06:55:06 PM
I'd like to see a system where mods dont work for the first 2 weeks after a release unless you hack up some cash to a fund that distribute $ to modders in general and $$ to modders who update on release. No one should work for free. Thats slavery.
I disagree I am not well off my self but I offen volunteer to help other less off then my self when i can. And working for free is by no means slavery. Slavery is being legal property of another and forced in to doing work against there will. No one force any of the modders in to making the mods. But I can be nice and thank them for there work they do to make this game better. And that was the point of my post.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: evrett33 on February 21, 2015, 06:55:06 PM
I'd like to see a system where mods dont work for the first 2 weeks after a release unless you hack up some cash to a fund that distribute $ to modders in general and $$ to modders who update on release. No one should work for free. Thats slavery.

Modding is a hobby, as in, something you do for fun, not money.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

ItchyFlea

I don't know if I can speak for the other modders (although I assume they'll agree with me), but I must say thank-you for using our mods.

I don't make mods for money or fame. I do it because I find it relaxing. I do it because I find it uplifting to see that my mod has been downloaded X number of times today.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Shinzy

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 22, 2015, 07:11:31 AM
I don't know if I can speak for the other modders (although I assume they'll agree with me), but I must say thank-you for using our mods.

I don't make mods for money or fame. I do it because I find it relaxing. I do it because I find it uplifting to see that my mod has been downloaded X number of times today.

youu can speak for me you big cat!

Gaesatae

Quote from: Shinzy on February 22, 2015, 08:13:56 AM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 22, 2015, 07:11:31 AM
Spot on. I must also say thank you to all modders as I can't count the hours I spent playing modded games.