Standing?

Started by reck, February 22, 2015, 06:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

I've noticed more and more some of my colonists just standing doing nothing.  If I look at their info it just says "standing". They have jobs to do and at the very least they should be cleaning or hauling.

Is this some kind of bug or is there some kind of game mechanic in action here that I'm not understanding?

Silvador

Check to see if they have the "Slothful" trait, or something else. I believe, similar to Dwarf Fortress, there are traits that will actually cause a colonists to be lazy and procrastinate and just generally do nothing when they are meant to be doing something.

That being said, when I've been making new colonists with the randomise button, I've been noticing a significant amount of.... less that optimal traits. I don't know if it's just bad luck, or because of some tweaking, but I seem to be seeing a lot more "negative" traits when generating new colonists than before, from Neurotic, to Very Neurotic, to Too smart, Abrasive and even Cannibal.

Rock5

Is Cannibal a bad trait? I thought it was like the Nudist trait. The Nudist is happiest when nude but is ok wearing cloths. I thought Cannibals are happiest when eating human but would be ok eating normal food. I think I had a Cannibal once. I don't remeber him having negative debuffs because of it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

monkeystyxx

Quote from: reck on February 22, 2015, 06:31:49 AM
I've noticed more and more some of my colonists just standing doing nothing.  If I look at their info it just says "standing". They have jobs to do and at the very least they should be cleaning or hauling.

Is this some kind of bug or is there some kind of game mechanic in action here that I'm not understanding?

I've noticed this happens a lot of it's too hot/cold outside and the colonist's job involves going outdoors. He sort of stands arounds thinking "not going out in that...". Not necessarily a bug (although there was a bug regarding temperatures, so make sure you're using 9D).

reck

Yeah I've seen them go inside due to the weather being too hot or cold but if that's the case they can still do a big of cleaning, these guys are just standing.

I've not checked if any of them are slothful or not but I don't recall any of them having that trait.

MsMeiriona

Mine are joggers/industrious and they do that a lot more this update. They're set to clean and haul, there's plenty to clean and haul, it's 70F indoors and no need to pass outdoors to get there, and they just stand around.